Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How come players/mobs are behind their true place?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
I'm sure everyone has seen players move through walls, and such, because the player positions are delayed. This can also be seen in the maze game pet game with lost souls, and sometimes I walk inside mobs and nothing happens til I go a bit in front of them.

Why is this? I'd like a dev/admin response or if anyone else knows why.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
The delay happens to me when I have connection issues because there are too many people on the game. I sent KI a message about it and they said there was nothing they could do unfortunately... I don't know if our situations are the same though

Jonathan DawnHunter

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
Im pretty sure, like 99% sure that it has everything to do with your connection. Sometimes your connection can plummet for a mere second and you can see people walk through walls and you can't join a fight until your connection goes back to normal. But if I'm wrong, then I would like to know too :)

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
Not a dev/admin, but this is do to server lag. When someone moves, the signal of them moving has to reach your computer. These signals may have to travel hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles to reach there destination, causing a slight delay in movement that can suddenly speed up or slow down. This si especially a problem with 2-player mounts. Hope this helped

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
The delay happens to me when I have connection issues because there are too many people on the game. I sent KI a message about it and they said there was nothing they could do unfortunately... I don't know if our situations are the same though

Jonathan DawnHunter
Your delay does not have anything to do with "too many" players in the game. BUT, it could be an issue with your own computer needing a cleaner and defrag used on it.

The only reason "too many" players in the game will cause you any problems it the fact that TOO MANY seem to think they have to be in the TOP realms. Spreading out through other realms could help reduce some of your problems as well. There are approximately 36 realms that could be utilized but too many complain they have to be in a certain realm so they can find a good hatch. Not True. Join wizard101central.com and you can set up those hatches as well as teams in realms that aren't "FULL" with a dozen or more areas.

KI added all those realms to help spread out the playing community since it was known early in the game that the crowding of any realm did cause some problems. Yet, they still have to CROWD those top realms then complain they are having too much LAG.