Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Buyable Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I think Kingsisle needs to release better gear that we can buy reason being is because most of the good gear can't be bought, they have to be farmed and no one likes farming. Farming takes way to long because of the random drop rate and the fact that dungeons like darkmoor take way too long to complete and if you have to farm it hundreds of times for the gear then something needs to change. That's why we need better gear that we can buy so we don't have to deal with the tedious farming and actually enjoy the game. What do you all think about this idea?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
bundles, and crafting, there ya go! if you want to be good in the game, ya gotta work for it......

Darkmoor, Rat, Omen, Aquila, One Shots, Gauntlets, Waterworks, Bundles, Crafting, Boss chests, Morganthe, MirrorLake..... bunch of options.... you're lazy

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Are you thinking buy with crowns or buy with gold? The trouble you run into when the best gear in game is crowns gear is people complaining that it's pay to win. Maybe for the next world, should it have a faction system, the gear from the factions could be comparable to top tier gear instead of more for style and looks. That way, it still takes skill and work to get so it's definitely earned but you have the assurance that you are positively going to get what you are working for which is lacking in the random drop system from bosses. Personally I don't mind farming, I enjoy it actually but I understand the frustration. I don't know your level Valkoor but maybe you should try the one shot duels. They are only one fight and basically always drop one piece of gear every time. You can get a very decent set of gear that way.

Moira Stormheart