Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

myth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I looked at all my minions at what they do but is the myth school a support class, defense, or a damage class headmaster ambrose please tell me

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
mekakron on Apr 15, 2017 wrote:
I looked at all my minions at what they do but is the myth school a support class, defense, or a damage class headmaster ambrose please tell me
Myth is a damage-support class in their own unique way. They use a multitude of minions to deal damage or create unique battling strategies. They can also give their minions buffs to keep them alive.

Just my thought. Honestly, I have never played a Myth Wizard past level 10. Perhaps I should give it a go.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 78+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
my main wizard for PvP is Myth. Myth can be excellent at Attacking, being the third strongest school. If you want to play it a little bit more defensively with some experience behind it, you could Jade and use life mastery. you can be one of the BEST support if you train the right spells and have the right equipment!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
myth is a support school and they really don't have a lot of damage spells as the other schools they really buff heal and protect spells. they generally have minions that they support and themselves. but do anyone knows any tactics to use with them like making people defenseless or defending like crazy it would be a great help if you told me some tactics for any myth minions thanks.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Myth is a challenging school and if it's your first wizard, you're in for a rough ride. (My very first wizard was Myth, back in 2009!) There are no heals and limited defenses. Myth depends on offense & trickery to survive.

Below level 50, the most useful minion is the puppet. Seriously. That little guy is just a wand-spamming wonder who costs you nothing to cast and he'll keep hitting and breaking shields until your opponent gets rid of him. When your opponent does take him out, that's one less hit on you. My level 74 Myth is STILL using the puppet against street mobs!

Most of the other minions don't fight with any intelligence, they don't heal, and they don't defend themselves much. They mess up your traps if you're trying to set up a powerful hit. That's why, frankly, they are rarely worth the pips it will cost you to summon them. Those 3-5 pips will better serve you in hitting and taking out your weakest enemy, so save the minions for special cases (like bosses with huge health). Talos is the exception - he's great once you earn him.

You must learn to focus on one enemy at a time (usually, weakest first) and take him out. Heal and shield. Take on the next. Don't try to kill everyone at once because Myth doesn't have strong AoEs.

As for the good things Myth can do: shields are rarely a bother! You have many different ways to get around them. Minotaur & Orthurus break through shields. Pierce removes shields for 0 pips. Shatter takes out all shields for 3. Earthquake will take down all shields plus all blades for 6. (It also takes down traps & feints, so keep that in mind!)

You can stun. Your Medusa is wicked powerful & will stun for two rounds. When combined with a feint or two, she's deadly in PVP.

Overall, Myth is best at single-shot damage & support ... in the sense of removing obstacles that are slowing down a hammer. Your best choices for a second school are Life (healing) or Death (damage).

Alia Misthaven
Emma Ravensong

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
myth is best for supporting the minions and recasting it so that raises the question can you summon multiple types of minions are just one if I questioned it before pls tell