Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grumpy Gobblers glitches

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The Grumpy Gobblers pet game is having problems since the update.

sometimes there are no controls to change power, elevation, and to fire

sometimes the game appears upside-down

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
i had one wizard that was able to train a bit maybe four times with a frostfang.
i trained once with the new life pet and the game went back to the way it was on test server upside down and no blocks.

I reported it on test maybe pet

Victoria

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Good Afternoon,

This morning my pet and I tried to increase his level at the Grumpy Gobbler Course. There was no video flyby of the Gobbler's constructs at any level this morning. After successfully destroying the construct, a retry of that level had my wizard standing in the sky with no Gobbler construct for my pet to destroy.

We would then try the next level up and got the same result one construct with no fly by, successful destruction and reward, then then next attempt left us standing in the sky.

Grumpy Gobbler now has all levels with my Wizard standing in the sky.

Please look into this.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2012
Having this same problem too. Spread the word!

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you for your reports. We'll be working on a fix for this hopefully within the next week.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2012
It is still broken.
Hope that fix comes soon.

Hero
May 07, 2015
same thing for me, all the other pet training games work, but grumpy gobblers didn't work. it was strange indeed.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! If you still experience this glitch after last night's update, please let us know the pet you are using and your operating system. Thanks!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I've been having a pretty terrible experience with this glitch...
It doesn't seem to matter what pet I use as I tried several and all of them cause it. It's also been happening on my second account. My operating system is Windows 10 (64-bit OS/processor). Grumpy Gobblers is the main game I use to train pets so I hope you're able to fix this quickly so I can take better advantage of double pet XP.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2015
Dworgyn on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Hi! If you still experience this glitch after last night's update, please let us know the pet you are using and your operating system. Thanks!
I am using Windows 10, training the Ghulture and am having the issue.

Survivor
May 29, 2015
Hi I am still having issues currently training a ghulture my os is windows 10

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Still having issues. Have windows 10 and raincore. Unable to train it at all.

Moria

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
Dworgyn on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
It worked once for me and then it kept glitching out. I was training the Rain Core and I use Microsoft, if that's what you're asking.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2015
Yes, Grumpy Gobblers is still glitching.
For me, it's not wizard or pet related. I've had it glitch me under the map, I exit, come back in Grumpy and it works. Might work 3 or 4 times in a row then right back under the map next play again. Might glitch 8 or so tries in a row then come back in and it works. Happens on different wizards for me and different pets. Running Windows 10

Makes double pet rewards a challenge

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I tried with the valentines ladybug and the horned monkey spider. My OS is windows 8.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Grumpy Gobblers goes all white..sometimes a little grass at the edge..sometimes the grass is upside down..no cannon or controls. I only train with Grumpy Gobblers. I have used different wizards and different pets and different accounts and 2 different computers--one is windows 7 and one is windows 8. Can't take advantage of double pet reward and experience.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
Come on guys dbl xp and still doesnt work at all now

running win8,1 trying to train a max kookaburra

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Training a rain core with windows 10. Yea, it a big problem.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
game is still messing up on my computer and I have tried two others as well and still the same result

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Windows XP OS. I have never had any problems training pets until now. I was attempting to train a Flamedance Seraph, and a Dryad. The game does not completely load and if it does, I can't adjust it to line up shots.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I'm thinking file size, is somehow at play the higher lvl wizard I use the worse this glitch gets,
I can't train at all on my max life wizard, with any pet now.

Also energy does not display properly on any of my wizards on to different computers
my main is a DELL win 8.1
secondary is HP win 10

my lowest lvl wiz can train about 4 times then its crashes

Could you extend the double pet XP for the following weekend after you get this squared away, Please

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
Sailback skink, Winged Catastrophe, Harpy, Road Hog, Stained Glass Roller, Scarecrow... same issue with all these pets and Windows 10 Home.

Also Grumpy Gobblers is mine and I'm sure many other wizards favorite pet xp game. Is it just coincidence that its down during double pet xp week? Any chance to extend the double pet xp to another week once the bug here is fixed?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Upside-down glitch is still happening, but less frequent. I got it a few times on life training Kookabura and Yeti, and more on ice training Mammoth and Yeti. Windows 10.

Since the last patch, the controls don't appear until you press the "fly through" button, and the fly through animation doesn't work at all (not that we really need it).

The occasional glitch that has always been in that game, where blocks lean or land in odd places but don't explode after being struck is still there as well.

Bottom line: more usable but still messed up.

Thanks for looking into this.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you all for your reports. We'll take another look at this!