Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grumpy Gobblers glitches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Hi, I am having the same problem also. It seems to be a problem with my account because I logged on using a different computer which has Windows 10 (mine has Windows 7) and the issue is the same. It is affecting every character and every pet. I just now tested it on my fire character with the Road Hog, Charming Minstrel, Leopard, Nightmare, Assailing Dragon, Magma Spider, Crimsonzilla, Sandman, Frankenbunny, and Fire Snowman. In addition I tested my death character using Brainy Assistant and Jack o Lantern all 12 had the same results. Yesterday my characters all had the same problem. This has been happening for the past two double pet XP for members events prior to this one. I hope this information is helpful and you can fix this problem soon. On a personal note, this past Friday was my birthday and I got crowns for a gift which I was excited to use during this double XP event weekend to level my pets so I'm a bit sad Grumpy Gobblers is still glitched. Crossing my fingers you can solve this issue before the event ends. Thanks in advance.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
it is funny... because i can play on my lap top but not on our desk top computer...

Explorer
May 25, 2016
It sounds like a Windows 7-10 kind of glitch.
I'm on Macbook and I don't play this minigame, but from all the reports I read it seems like it's happening mostly on Windows computers with windows 7-10 since I haven't seen any macbook players reporting the glitch.

Hero
May 07, 2015
i was training my owl protégé pet, and the first time it worked, but the second time it was upside down, but the controls were there, I am using windows 10.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2017
(Picture link removed per The Rules. ~Dworgyn)

As shown by here in this picture, it has not been fixed and about 9/10 times, the game looks like that, it's getting hard to train pets as it is the main game I use, I am on a Windows 10 Desktop, it uses NVIDIA as its graphic's card.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2015
Using Windows 10. The wizard or pet doesn't make a difference. I have experienced the same glitch with different wizards and pets. The fly through camera does not work but you get the same delay as if it does. If you click the fly through camera button early the game will continue the same as if it had worked and you clicked it before fly through was complete. It also will occasionally load upside down.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2017
BlazeDRDR on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
Using Windows 10. The wizard or pet doesn't make a difference. I have experienced the same glitch with different wizards and pets. The fly through camera does not work but you get the same delay as if it does. If you click the fly through camera button early the game will continue the same as if it had worked and you clicked it before fly through was complete. It also will occasionally load upside down.
It feels like 9/10 it loads upside down for me, the fly by doesn't happen to me, per chance might your computer be using NVIDIA? perhaps it is a problem with them specifically or Windows 10

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Kayhighwind on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
It feels like 9/10 it loads upside down for me, the fly by doesn't happen to me, per chance might your computer be using NVIDIA? perhaps it is a problem with them specifically or Windows 10
Not everyone uses Windows 10. I don't and others don't either. I have never had any problems with Nvidia graphics.

This issue didn't start until the latest update.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2010
yes grumpy gobblers having big issue. ive tried it on many systems and pcs for me not show anything buy like big sheet of ice nothing never loads correctly. used different characters and windows 7 and 10 different computers

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
After the very short maintenance this morning I guess your still looking in to it.

My max life wiz cant use this grumpy game at all

Patiently waiting Victoria

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I haven't had any Wizard in the sky issues for the past week. However the"flyby" hasn't worked at all. Not that it's needed but the controls don't appear until the time for the flyby has passed.

Also I've only run one or two Grumpy Gobbler courses a day as that's how much energy I have left after gardening, so I cannot comment on the crashing after 4 consecutive courses.

I'm running Windows 7

Survivor
Feb 22, 2010
doing redownloading all main data files (deleted info) like new install let you know if fixed grumpy gobblers

Survivor
Jan 16, 2017
This game has been broken for us since the update. We have four machines one is older. There are minor game glitches on our old XP machine but all the Windows 7 machines cannot play this game more than once per character before it flips upside down. As far as I can tell its happening on all the pets so I don't think its pet specific. We can train on the XP machine most of the time (every once in a while it flips but generally it doesn't) which leads me to believe its the OS. We have various brands of graphics cards also so I doubt its that. Please fix this soon the maze game makes me dizzy and the rest aren't my cup of tea. My pets are seriously bored.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2017
I forgot to mention in a prior post on this, but I tried reinstalling the game also and it still doesn't fix it. Thought I would save folks some time reloading every zone.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
This morning I glitched immediately on the Keep level and appeared in the sky under the course.

I was able to play the Fortress level once and the next time it glitched me under the course.

I moved on to the Stronghold level and got one complete level and glitched in the next time.

I was able to play the Castle level 5 times in a row before I ran out of energy.

Absolutely none of the Flybys were operational.

My system is running Windows 7, I played with my level 55 Life Wizard and my Mega level Spirit of the Forest pet equipped.

I hope this helps.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
Thanks TESSMARIN111 I was waiting to hear back from you to see if you had any luck with the reinstall,
MY machine is defraged weekly so that's not an issue either.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
Mr DWORGYN

If you guys want to try any possible fixes, I would gladly reinstall the test server to help.

Anytime on April 29 and 30th is good for me EST

Victoria

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
hi all 6 wiz's I have , G G Game , upside down, hope you can fix it , win -7, I have, thank you

wiz's are, , all my wizs are 120 lvl.

LADYIRENE

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
Still experiencing the bug but hopefully its fixed soon. It has been an issue long enough, that I'd bet it was processed as a low priority bug. Anyways, since this one is down any suggestions for an easy substitute? Cannons is kind of an annoying one that I've been using for now and wondering if something else works better?

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I notice when I took a screen shot of the grumpy gobbler game I am looking up at the upper left corner and upper right corner of the screen and what I see is the building off to the side but they are not upside down it looks like from my prospective that our wizards are glitched below the ground of the grumpy gobbler and I have tried this game on 3 different computers and all are running windows 10 and if you would like I can submit a screen shot of what I have noticed and seen

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
This should now be fixed for everyone as of this morning's update! Please let us know if you have further issues.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2012
It's fixed. Hooray!
Thank you , Thank you, Thank you.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Thank you very much it working for all my wizs,

Survivor
May 15, 2009
The glitch is now fixed for me, thank you for fixing it!

note: I had to reinstall wiz to fix it completely, so if it's still not working for you, maybe try re-installing wiz?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009