Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lore spamming?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 04, 2012
hi does anyone have any tips on how to deal with lore spammers I keep running into them and haven't found anything to make it less difficult any tips?

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
the only counter I can think of is Jade, with a full on Balance ward/proof pet. Or spam balance dispels right back at them. Lore spamming is something only those balances with no skill do, and it makes ALL of us look bad.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Leicrex on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
the only counter I can think of is Jade, with a full on Balance ward/proof pet. Or spam balance dispels right back at them. Lore spamming is something only those balances with no skill do, and it makes ALL of us look bad.
I don't really have jade but I'll give the disable a try thanks for the tip

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Leicrex on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
Can we really all just agree that everyone spams in pvp?

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
DevinSkullStone on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:
Can we really all just agree that everyone spams in pvp?
No, not everyone spams in pvp, including myself. Spamming is using the exact same spell twice or more in a row. I don't do that, and I know quite a few people who don't do it either. If you spam, you are bad at this game and need to make a strategy, seriously.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Lore spamming is a good strategy. Spamming the right spells IS a good strategy.

If it's a strategy that forces you into distress, keeping pressure on you while you struggle to find cards to defend yourself, it IS a good strategy. And it will make them win. It's not labeled as a bad strategy because you don't particularly like it.

Now, not all schools can necessarily spam as well as others, but every school has the opportunity to.

Now, for starters, it would be nice if you let us know what school you were so we can tune a solution towards the spells readily available to your wizard.

Dispels are good here and there, but wasteful without a mastery.

With my life wizard, a regenerate usually covers me when they start spamming.

With my storm wizard, a rebuttal spam with wild bolt usually forces them into shielding.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 84+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Azteca)

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
thelastdiviner on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:

If it's a strategy that forces you into distress, keeping pressure on you while you struggle to find cards to defend yourself, it IS a good strategy. And it will make them win. It's not labeled as a bad strategy because you don't particularly like it.

Now, not all schools can necessarily spam as well as others, but every school has the opportunity to.

Now, for starters, it would be nice if you let us know what school you were so we can tune a solution towards the spells readily available to your wizard.

With my storm wizard, a rebuttal spam with wild bolt usually forces them into shielding.

Hi I'm a life wizard

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Anyone calling spamming a strategy that indicates a bad player is dead wrong. Balance wizards who spam Lorenaster aren't necessarily bad players, they are smart ones. On the note of schools who spam also, people who spam as a storm wizards get a bad reputation for something that's out of their control. Merely pointing that out because I'm sick and tired of calling me a noob in PvP for spamming bats, bolts, and kraken, so don't be that person.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
thelastdiviner on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:

Please don't confuse "good strategy" with "strategy that require using OP spells". Sorry to disappoint you, but lore spaming belong to latter category :)

To OP;
Get a pet with balance double resist, balance ward and something else. Extra 15% resist makes big difference. You can also add few stone walls tc's in your deck.
And depend on your level and accuracy boost, use infallible to counter the mantle.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Pynta on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Please don't confuse "good strategy" with "strategy that require using OP spells". Sorry to disappoint you, but lore spaming belong to latter category :)

To OP;
Get a pet with balance double resist, balance ward and something else. Extra 15% resist makes big difference. You can also add few stone walls tc's in your deck.
And depend on your level and accuracy boost, use infallible to counter the mantle.
Silver Swordcoral, if you would do us the honours of telling us your level. Shed some light on the situation.

Something like Magus PvP is a WAY different scenario than something like Legendary PvP.

Stone Wall Tc are hardly available these days as people are crawling over each other to grab these new set shields for balance.

If you're facing a 75+ balance, they have supernova and would gladly take the chance for that damage for 2 pips. Infallible here is not the best idea. Any auras in general aren't.

I agree with you on the pet. Having double resist, balance ward and perhaps something like double damage will help. It will take time to hatch for sure. On the other hand, you're not just facing balance wizards in the arena.

Lore spamming is a strategy that requires using OP spells you say. What "OP" spells? Supernova? Mana Burn?

You don't need those. See Grandmaster Balance Warlords. Again, it depends on the level we are looking at here.

Genevieve HexPyre 86+ PvP Warlord

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
thelastdiviner on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
Silver Swordcoral, if you would do us the honours of telling us your level. Shed some light on the situation.

Something like Magus PvP is a WAY different scenario than something like Legendary PvP.

Stone Wall Tc are hardly available these days as people are crawling over each other to grab these new set shields for balance.

If you're facing a 75+ balance, they have supernova and would gladly take the chance for that damage for 2 pips. Infallible here is not the best idea. Any auras in general aren't.

I agree with you on the pet. Having double resist, balance ward and perhaps something like double damage will help. It will take time to hatch for sure. On the other hand, you're not just facing balance wizards in the arena.

Lore spamming is a strategy that requires using OP spells you say. What "OP" spells? Supernova? Mana Burn?

You don't need those. See Grandmaster Balance Warlords. Again, it depends on the level we are looking at here.

I'm that wizard you helped out with the level 120 life tips on that other post I made I'm sorry my post caused a lot of fighting I just wanted some help so I could get better at pvp and so everyone would stop laughing at me when I lose it's been happening more and more with me I just thought this would help sorry

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
No need to apologize. We were just trying to state our opinions and understand each other.

I will insert a link for anyone that might be interested in looking at Silver Swordcoral's thread on Life 120 PvP.

Life 120?

I will elaborate on some of the strategies that helped me deal with lore spamming.

Here is a procedure I try to initiate at the beginning of a lore spam.
  • Throw up a Namaste. This bubble has 2 tricks that it plays on your opponent. The pierce has them wondering if you may attack while the critical has them wondering if you'll take the chance for critical heals. If you can't use a Namaste, Sanctuary works in it's place although the heal boost will help them if they decide to heal.
  • They will usually use another lore or gaze. This will depend on their shadow pips in the coming rounds. If they have a shadow pip, they may go for a gaze soon. If they don't, they may lore or shield. Watch the weaknesses, they will take this chance to stack them. Always count your opponents pips every round, this will help you determine what spells are available for your opponent to use at the time.
  • If they spam ~ heal! Go for those critical satyrs, fairies or even regenerate with your bubble up. They will want to keep dealing damage to keep you down. They may try to keep at least 3 power pips for the chance of a shadow pip to use gaze. Don't let this happen.
  • When their pips begin to drop with lores and you are in the safe with health, shield, then ATTACK! Throw them off balance with the quick shield and go full out with a weaver spam. Try to keep the enchants the same to decrease incoming rebuttals from gaze or lores. Combine hits with infections and life dispels (if they have mastery).

Hope this helps!

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
thelastdiviner on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
No need to apologize. We were just trying to state our opinions and understand each other.

I will insert a link for anyone that might be interested in looking at Silver Swordcoral's thread on Life 120 PvP.

Life 120?

I will elaborate on some of the strategies that helped me deal with lore spamming.

Here is a procedure I try to initiate at the beginning of a lore spam.
  • Throw up a Namaste. This bubble has 2 tricks that it plays on your opponent. The pierce has them wondering if you may attack while the critical has them wondering if you'll take the chance for critical heals. If you can't use a Namaste, Sanctuary works in it's place although the heal boost will help them if they decide to heal.
  • They will usually use another lore or gaze. This will depend on their shadow pips in the coming rounds. If they have a shadow pip, they may go for a gaze soon. If they don't, they may lore or shield. Watch the weaknesses, they will take this chance to stack them. Always count your opponents pips every round, this will help you determine what spells are available for your opponent to use at the time.
  • If they spam ~ heal! Go for those critical satyrs, fairies or even regenerate with your bubble up. They will want to keep dealing damage to keep you down. They may try to keep at least 3 power pips for the chance of a shadow pip to use gaze. Don't let this happen.
  • When their pips begin to drop with lores and you are in the safe with health, shield, then ATTACK! Throw them off balance with the quick shield and go full out with a weaver spam. Try to keep the enchants the same to decrease incoming rebuttals from gaze or lores. Combine hits with infections and life dispels (if they have mastery).

Hope this helps!
Thanks for doing all that Your tips really have been helping me a lot and sorry if I sounded like one of those people trying to get pity help I just didn't think everyone would get upset over this post I just want to apologize if this made anyone upset all I wanted to do was get help and see if this might help anyone else who was having trouble

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
silver swordcoral on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for doing all that Your tips really have been helping me a lot and sorry if I sounded like one of those people trying to get pity help I just didn't think everyone would get upset over this post I just want to apologize if this made anyone upset all I wanted to do was get help and see if this might help anyone else who was having trouble
No worries! You are a fantastic player and we all have questions. It's nice to see everyone look to their community for help. No one is upset here

You've made a great thread topic for Life 120 and dealing with lore spammers.

Just remember that one strategy doesn't solve battles and you will have to use different strategies to win a match here and there. My strategy is just one I happened to use here and there. Loremaster is definitely a scary spell to be spammed with, but it is by no means invincible.

Genevieve HexPyre 87+ PvP Warlord

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
thelastdiviner on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
No worries! You are a fantastic player and we all have questions. It's nice to see everyone look to their community for help. No one is upset here

You've made a great thread topic for Life 120 and dealing with lore spammers.

Just remember that one strategy doesn't solve battles and you will have to use different strategies to win a match here and there. My strategy is just one I happened to use here and there. Loremaster is definitely a scary spell to be spammed with, but it is by no means invincible.

Genevieve HexPyre 87+ PvP Warlord
Me? All I did was write a title you made a great guide thanks so much for all the help and tips I think it's going to take me awhile to figure out my strategy but I know I'll get it thanks for helping me get started it helped me learn a lot

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
silver swordcoral on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Hi I'm a life wizard
If your a life, then maybe stack on spirit armour and keep alot of heals? That's what I would do considering my main is a life.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2016
Fight spamming to spam. Spamming loremaster is no bad strategy. If you have a balance without loremaster or with loremaster you will know why. As a former balance prodiguis, ill tell you by experience in pvp loremaster is probablly the only best strategy. Everyschool has weakness and something good. You just have to know how to play. With my max ice right now, and if i deal with lore spam. You need to have balance dispels and a ward pet. Push them off by giving preassure just like them pushing you off. But be smart. Defense and offense works best. Keeping them preassure and being defense at the same time is a good strategy if you have to deal with spammers.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
If you could stop bringing dead forums from a long time ago into the present where there could have been balance updates, that would be great.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
silver swordcoral on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
hi does anyone have any tips on how to deal with lore spammers I keep running into them and haven't found anything to make it less difficult any tips?
Lore master, perhaps the most over powered spell in the game. I would try to get a double universal resist pet along with balance ward and maybe balance proof. Good luck!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Hello fellow members,
My name is Derek. I have been a strong pvp player within the game for years. As for loremaster alone, yes I agree it may be extremely powerful. However there are several spells within the game that can be seen as overpowered. This is not what I want to address however. Spamming is NOT considered even a "strategy" in my eyes. I view this as the correct way to pvp. Spamming is creating the match to be in your tempo. Meaning that you are putting the other player in a bad position, where they seem to be forced to shield and heal. Thus, putting the game in your favor, while they discard hits and attacks, ruining there decks to stay alive. My favorite character I've been playing is my lvl 61 ice. On this character I spam minions, keep my bubble up, and quickly shuffle through. Chipping at my enemy little by little using BLIZZARDS. This is my main attacking hit...