Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology Improvements

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I love Monstrology and it has so much potential. I think there are a few minor changes that need to be made though mostly to the Monstrodome.

1. Increase the drop rate in the Monstrodome. If you think about it, the player has already farmed a long time to get these creatures into the dome and the tc is non-refundable. It gets destroyed when you remove it from the dome. I like the idea of unique housing items dropping there but they definitely need to drop more frequently and maybe be a little more exciting than food. I think it would be good to have a clear distinction between the drops of a higher rank enemy and a lower one. For instance any enemy from Wizard City-Krok will drop the food items, Marleybone-Mooshu would drop some other small unique housing item, and so forth until maybe Khrysalis can drop those spider drops which are so rare etc. The reward really needs to match the time it requires. Some people do things just for completeness or collection sake which is great for them, but I think for the amount of time and effort Monstrology takes, the rewards of the monstrodome should be a little better.

2. Make the Monstrodome open to all not just friends. Again, farming for all those animi takes time and again we can't easily switch out enemies. I, for one, would love to show off the unique set of enemies to all that visit my house, not just my friends. If someone took the time to collect enough animus to make four Malistaire the Undying, I would also love to be able to see that even though I might not have the time to do it myself. Monstrology is already more of a solitary activity given that it's more efficient to gather animus on your own than in a group. Making the Monstrodome open to all on tours gives a greater opportunity for socializing through this element of the game.

I'd love to hear other thoughts. I feel like these changes are really necessary to improve the already fascinating art of Monstrology.

Moira Stormheart

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I'd like an addition for higher level wizards:

An extract Aura, say level 50+, that would act as an extract enchantment for 3 or 4 rounds, letting us use a normal Sun damage enchant on our attacks.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2014
Moira, I totally agree.

Nice Avatar too lol.

Tarlac Skyward

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
the only improvement I would like is if they make it were you can take the soul echo of all enemies except some bosses that way it'll be great for all classes mostly myth

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
I have Jabberwock, White Dragon etc as houseguests. I notice that when they roar, there's no sound. Is this intentional? Or will the sound be added when the test goes live?