Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boosting?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 04, 2012
hi I was doing a few pvp matches yesterday and I kept getting the same balance guy over and over and I kept losing and well after like the forth time I lost and yes I lost four times still learning pvp someone said we were boosting What is that exactly?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
hi I was doing a few pvp matches yesterday and I kept getting the same balance guy over and over and I kept losing and well after like the forth time I lost and yes I lost four times still learning pvp someone said we were boosting What is that exactly?
That person thought that you and the Balance wiz were the same player and that you were losing on purpose to give him wins.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
That person thought that you and the Balance wiz were the same player and that you were losing on purpose to give him wins.
Oh ok thanks anecorbie that really confused me when they said that I wasn't doing that I think I'm having a bad luck streak right now lol um just wondering but you can't get in trouble for that right? I wasn't doing boosting but I still don't want anyone to think I was If it's wrong

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Oh ok thanks anecorbie that really confused me when they said that I wasn't doing that I think I'm having a bad luck streak right now lol um just wondering but you can't get in trouble for that right? I wasn't doing boosting but I still don't want anyone to think I was If it's wrong
No, it's not against any game rules, so you won't get in trouble even if you meant to throw a match. Boosting is frowned on because it's cheating. ( Allowed by the game, but still cheating. )

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
No, it's not against any game rules, so you won't get in trouble even if you meant to throw a match. Boosting is frowned on because it's cheating. ( Allowed by the game, but still cheating. )
How is it cheating but still allowed by the game that's confusing

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
When a player boosts, they have two accounts. They log in both accounts, play against themselves in PVP and have one wizard always lose to the other one so they can "boost" the winner up higher in the PVP ranks. Basically, this is an exploit that some wizards are using to make themselves look good and get the warlord label without truly earning it. Hence, most of us consider it to be cheating.

The reason it's allowed is because KI doesn't spare time sorting through IPs and emails to try and catch the same person playing against themselves.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
May 10, 2013
silver swordcoral on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
It isn't necessarily cheating, it is just cheap and frowned upon.

There's a kid nameRichard, who has multiple accounts and he boosted all the way to the top of the leaderboards. He has over 10,000 rank. He boosted, and he is disgraced after what he did.

By the way, don't boost, boosting is cheap and unfair to actual PVP-ers with skill.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
PlayHard101 on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
It isn't necessarily cheating, it is just cheap and frowned upon.

There's a kid nameRichard, who has multiple accounts and he boosted all the way to the top of the leaderboards. He has over 10,000 rank. He boosted, and he is disgraced after what he did.

By the way, don't boost, boosting is cheap and unfair to actual PVP-ers with skill.
just ran into a booster and searched for this thread, wondering if I can report or not. also I remember Richard, he had like top 5 ranks or something like that

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
Yes, that's confusing. Let's just say that it's a loop hole.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AutumnJ23 on May 5, 2017 wrote:
just ran into a booster and searched for this thread, wondering if I can report or not. also I remember Richard, he had like top 5 ranks or something like that
ATM, it's not a reportable offense, and you can see from the opening post, that identifying a booster is tricky.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Boosting is cheap, but I also understand how hard it is for KI to identify them, plus it is unfair to people with actual skill who spend time farming for gear, fighting long matches, etc...

Kane, Level 79 Transcendent Necromancer