Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Good lord these bosses are WEAK, i feel like i'm questing in dragonspyre, the bosses in avalon put up more of a fight, why did KI lower their health so much, are they trying to kill off what they have left of a good game? or are people just complaining too much?

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Ryan DayBreaker on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
Good lord these bosses are WEAK, i feel like i'm questing in dragonspyre, the bosses in avalon put up more of a fight, why did KI lower their health so much, are they trying to kill off what they have left of a good game? or are people just complaining too much?
They used to have more health, but they were nerfed due to the difficultly for many players. There are existing threads on the idea that kingsisle nerfed Mirage too much. Apparently enough people were complaining, but it is what it is. Many bosses and creatures still have a boost in their outgoing damage though and well as their cheats.

I think that having the higher difficulty of Mirage encouraged more people to group up, but that's just my opinion.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 115+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
Ryan DayBreaker on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
I agree. After Mirage was nerfed (idk why), I saw many YouTubers that called the bosses "weak" and "easy". For example, the Rain Core boss under Ali Baboon's lounge. It only has about 11,000 health! I wanna know why Mirage was nerfed!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
A game that is not difficult at some portions to some people may be boring or frustrating, but Kingsisle did this for a good reason. Allot of players of this game are "average" players, as BlazeLifeHammer describes in a past video he made discussing the topic of Hardcore players and what makes or is considered a hardcore player, which I believe to be a huge reason that contributes the constant nerfs to certain bosses or entire mobs. Kingsisle's decision can't please both sides of the player base, but I personally think this decision was for the better of the game and is probably the best course of action to take when it comes to satisfying the normal players that log on every once in a while.

This is just my opinion, I would love to hear other people's opinion on the topic and perhaps discuss what makes this a bad or a good nerf for either side of the player base.

(P.S. I had to make this joke, Kingsisle, I guess your new motto is "It's nerf or nothin'!"

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I understand the need to challenge hardcore players when new content is released, then nerf it a bit for everyone else, but it does seem like they did too big a nerf, and too soon for Mirage.

Some people always complain that new content is too difficult. If everything gets squashed to please them, the rest of the player base is going to be bored.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
They made the bosses weaker to make soloer wiz characters pull through. I understand Mirage is still an easy world to solo, but for some characters, they were still struggling.. it makes sense to have this update so that wizards that would like to solo, basically lets them do it a bit easier. Hope that helps

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Mirage was nerfed do to a large number of complaints from those who felt the world was to difficult to quest in. This game is design for all players with different strategies and playstyle not just for those with the best battle skills. Many may not have the strategy level likes others do. What may be easy for some may be difficult for others and some like to quest alone.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The only thing that was nerfed was the health of the Mobs. Bosses always had lower health from the beginning since more of them had cheats and minions with about 9,000 health.

The DAMAGE they could do was NOT nerfed. So unless there has been another nerf, be prepared for their damage hits.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
This topic has been discussed too many times to count. Please take a look at the multitude of threads/posts on the subject for you to browse through without having everyone provide the same responses.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
This topic has been discussed too many times to count. Please take a look at the multitude of threads/posts on the subject for you to browse through without having everyone provide the same responses.
i closed this of before you even replied lol