Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce Jewels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
How are people getting pierce jewels? Is everyone crafting them and if so how are you crafting them so easily? I'm so low on jewels it's not even funny anymore....

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
JaynlynHeart on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
How are people getting pierce jewels? Is everyone crafting them and if so how are you crafting them so easily? I'm so low on jewels it's not even funny anymore....
Wizards can get them from many different general enemy battles beyond Celestia, but the majority of people get them from their school jewel packs in the crown shop. Each pack is school specific and costs 599 Crowns. Usually you'll receive around 2-3 pierce jewels per pack opening, which is why people have them so easily.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 111+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
thelastdiviner on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
Wizards can get them from many different general enemy battles beyond Celestia, but the majority of people get them from their school jewel packs in the crown shop. Each pack is school specific and costs 599 Crowns. Usually you'll receive around 2-3 pierce jewels per pack opening, which is why people have them so easily.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 111+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
wait can you really get pierce jewels that easily from a pack? I was skeptical about the pack because I feel like my rng would be bad....

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Armor_Piercing-Boosting_Jewels#axzz4bCVJzLNU

Like TheLastDiviner said, they are quite common in the jewel packs. But you can get them through crafting and farming as well.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I've seen a lot drop from Spirit of Darkmoor in the Upper Halls of all places.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
besides crafting and packs, I get mine from mobs in Khyrsalis (white razors, yellow shredders, and albino scorpions drop them) as well as from my circle jewel plants; the new plants are from the new Farley pack and are rare to get though.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pierce jewels do drop from the booster packs, but not quite so readily as "1 or 2" per pack. (Don't want to set people up for disappointment.)

Still, if you purchase 5-10 packs you have a very good chance of getting at least one or two pierce jewels. They also drop in select boss battles, starting in Dragonspyre. Minimum level is 55, but those gems only provide 1% pierce. By the time wizards hit level 95, though, a couple of pierce gems can add up to 10% or more.

I would not bother crafting them because it is totally random the type of jewel you get, plus the level is random, too. It's a waste of reagents. Don't know why KingsIsle made gem crafting such a crapshoot, frankly.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
SilverbackMonkey on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
besides crafting and packs, I get mine from mobs in Khyrsalis (white razors, yellow shredders, and albino scorpions drop them) as well as from my circle jewel plants; the new plants are from the new Farley pack and are rare to get though.
Will you tell me where the recipe is please

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
Freshta on Mar 14, 2017 wrote:
Pierce jewels do drop from the booster packs, but not quite so readily as "1 or 2" per pack. (Don't want to set people up for disappointment.)

Still, if you purchase 5-10 packs you have a very good chance of getting at least one or two pierce jewels. They also drop in select boss battles, starting in Dragonspyre. Minimum level is 55, but those gems only provide 1% pierce. By the time wizards hit level 95, though, a couple of pierce gems can add up to 10% or more.

I would not bother crafting them because it is totally random the type of jewel you get, plus the level is random, too. It's a waste of reagents. Don't know why KingsIsle made gem crafting such a crapshoot, frankly.

Alia Misthaven
oh ok I remember the recipe thing now thank you
I forgot about how it worked I thought there was a recipe for the jewel I wanted to craft for a minute
that random thing is no good if I remember correctly

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
gorman moonweaver on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
oh ok I remember the recipe thing now thank you
I forgot about how it worked I thought there was a recipe for the jewel I wanted to craft for a minute
that random thing is no good if I remember correctly
Another good place to farm for pierce Jewels are the Fortee Thieves in Mirage.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
BrahmShadow on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
Another good place to farm for pierce Jewels are the Fortee Thieves in Mirage.
This. I farmed the Night Flames for several days and only got one pierce jewel. No more than twice the amount of time against the Fortee Thieves and I received three jades, among even more jewels from other schools.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
sKochiya on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
This. I farmed the Night Flames for several days and only got one pierce jewel. No more than twice the amount of time against the Fortee Thieves and I received three jades, among even more jewels from other schools.
I would suggest farming the Djinn in Ereem Palace. I found great success getting pierce jewels while getting the 50/100 badges for these guys.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
mog0r on May 12, 2017 wrote:
I would suggest farming the Djinn in Ereem Palace. I found great success getting pierce jewels while getting the 50/100 badges for these guys.
I also found the Bumbai Rebels in Yakhal Mountain are good for dropping the 6% piercing jewels