Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Gear for level 60 Death?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Which gear is better for a death wizard: House of Scales gear or Waterworks gear? I'm planning on doing both, but I want to know which to farm and which to just do once.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
As a level 70 death wizard, i highly recommend waterworks
Hoped this helped!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
balance wizard on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
Which gear is better for a death wizard: House of Scales gear or Waterworks gear? I'm planning on doing both, but I want to know which to farm and which to just do once.
I came out with a very nice Grimoire ( Death school ) from House of Scales. I've attempted to do WaterWorks but team-ups kept failing. Now, I'm too high leveled to really benefit from it. So I can't help you there.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I would suggest Waterworks. While the house of scales gear seems to have SLIGHTLY more damage in their hats and robes, waterworks still takes the cake with it's better resist.

It's really up to you.

Death wizards do have their drains to increase their survivability, so House of Scales might be nice for the damage boost, but when it comes to facing bosses and higher level dungeons, you'll be glad you chose Waterworks.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!

Nathan GreenEyes 120
PvP Commander

Nathan GreenEyes 110
Couch Potato Hoarder

Ryan HexPyre 104
Always Dying

Nathan GreenEyes 100+
Hot in more ways than one (lol)

(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
I suggest the Zigazag gear. In my opinion, the House of Scales, it has a higher critical boost, but Waterworks gear is good for damage and tanking.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
Only debatable piece of gear is robe.
For hat and boots - waterworks is better without a doubt.
For robe i'd also suggest you waterworks robe. Difference between two is minimal and from my experience the drop rate in waterworks is much higher. Beside you'll need to farm this for hat and boots anyway.

House of scales robe is still good choice though, but only if you're after specific builds for pvp. In most other cases waterworks is just fine.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
At that level (and for a good while after) Waterworks is best for many styles of play. The level 56 crafted gear from Wintertusk is next best.