Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sean's Plea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2016
Please bare with me. I am one of w101's biggest fans. I've been playing for over five years and I have good friends that have been playing since the level cap was 60! I have been stunned, amazed, and utterly in love with the game since I first discovered it. I still remember returning to the game after a lengthy break and nearly falling out of my chair in fright when I noticed shadows in the water! Then I promptly fell in love with fishing.

However, I have a handful of points to raise, but primarily the issue of space.

I am level 61 (my most recent wizard) and I love to collect. Having 100 bank slots, 100 shared bank slots, 549 attic slots (I have stuffed that thing to the max) and 150 backpack slots is, surprisingly, not enough. I fell head over heels hysteric with happiness when I first saw the vaults in the crown shop. I immediately bought both and was ultimately disappointed to find the only had 100 slots each and where restricted to one per user.

So, I did something my friends still laugh at me for. I bought nine castles. (Yes, you read that right, nine castles.) And teleporters to connect them all. That gives me 900 pet slots and 4500 item slots, or there about (some castles are not luxury).

However, I am somewhat of a all-in/all-out procrastinator (which is a terrible, terrible combination, let me tell you). So instead of putting a full heart into decorating, I stuff it into my banks and attic, then finally decide enough's enough and dump stuff randomly into my castles. Then when all that is maxed out, I feed them to my pets to make precious space.

My biggest issues by way of space are: seeds, useless equipment (schools I cannot use), and (sadly) pets.

I have over 200 pets, at this very moment. And I clump them together so I can find them easily (scary ones in the haunted house, fairies in the forest house, golems and mechanical ones in the marleybone house, etc.) But, I have maxed out three of my houses already.

I have a lot of equipment that I cannot use, and I have fed most of it to my pets. I have no space in my shared bank to put it anyway. Some of it is even worth a lot. To further the issue, I recently maxed out the treasure card capacity and had to dump 400 of them onto my friends (who were laughing at me the entire while).

My biggest, biggest, concern however is seeds. I have 150 backpack slots and I sometimes get up to 100 seeds in one crunch farming. Considering my seed vault is packed, that means I end up feeding them to my pets half the time.

It makes me sad because I like to garden. I am a journeyman angler, I am a grandmaster gardener, I have several ancient pets, but I cannot level up because I cannot fish, garden or play as much as I want to, so I prioritize my garden so they don't die.

It would be great if everything could hold more, but it would be even more amazing if I could trade more stuff. I even created five other wizards just to be backup banks if I run out of space again.

Help, please!

Sean Hexhunter, 61

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
betwixted on Mar 7, 2017 wrote:
Please bare with me. I am one of w101's biggest fans. I've been playing for over five years and I have good friends that have been playing since the level cap was 60! I have been stunned, amazed, and utterly in love with the game since I first discovered it. I still remember returning to the game after a lengthy break and nearly falling out of my chair in fright when I noticed shadows in the water! Then I promptly fell in love with fishing.

However, I have a handful of points to raise, but primarily the issue of space.

I am level 61 (my most recent wizard) and I love to collect. Having 100 bank slots, 100 shared bank slots, 549 attic slots (I have stuffed that thing to the max) and 150 backpack slots is, surprisingly, not enough. I fell head over heels hysteric with happiness when I first saw the vaults in the crown shop. I immediately bought both and was ultimately disappointed to find the only had 100 slots each and where restricted to one per user.

So, I did something my friends still laugh at me for. I bought nine castles. (Yes, you read that right, nine castles.) And teleporters to connect them all. That gives me 900 pet slots and 4500 item slots, or there about (some castles are not luxury).

However, I am somewhat of a all-in/all-out procrastinator (which is a terrible, terrible combination, let me tell you). So instead of putting a full heart into decorating, I stuff it into my banks and attic, then finally decide enough's enough and dump stuff randomly into my castles. Then when all that is maxed out, I feed them to my pets to make precious space.

My biggest issues by way of space are: seeds, useless equipment (schools I cannot use), and (sadly) pets.

I have over 200 pets, at this very moment. And I clump them together so I can find them easily (scary ones in the haunted house, fairies in the forest house, golems and mechanical ones in the marleybone house, etc.) But, I have maxed out three of my houses already.

I have a lot of equipment that I cannot use, and I have fed most of it to my pets. I have no space in my shared bank to put it anyway. Some of it is even worth a lot. To further the issue, I recently maxed out the treasure card capacity and had to dump 400 of them onto my friends (who were laughing at me the entire while).

My biggest, biggest, concern however is seeds. I have 150 backpack slots and I sometimes get up to 100 seeds in one crunch farming. Considering my seed vault is packed, that means I end up feeding them to my pets half the time.

It makes me sad because I like to garden. I am a journeyman angler, I am a grandmaster gardener, I have several ancient pets, but I cannot level up because I cannot fish, garden or play as much as I want to, so I prioritize my garden so they don't die.

It would be great if everything could hold more, but it would be even more amazing if I could trade more stuff. I even created five other wizards just to be backup banks if I run out of space again.

Help, please!

Sean Hexhunter, 61
As in life, you must decide what's important and what's not. Down size because clutter can drag you down. trash items you can't use or sell or feed to pets. ( you've already freed space by creating wizards ) There is stuff in this game not worth hanging on to and not all pets will be winners ( If you've got more than 4 duplicates of a certain pet get rid of the rest, honestly you don't need that many pets. )
Same with gardening, if you have more than 10 duplicates of a certain seed, sell or feed to a pet. Plants sometimes have a way of giving you more seeds, so you're not losing anything by getting rid of them.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would love to see storage increase, too.

Seasonal things take up room and so do the various outfits. I like to change my wizard's look to match a holiday or a season or a world.

I'm constantly putting things in the shared bank for my other wizards, and constantly running out of space, because most of the other wizards say (pretending) "I am already loaded up too!" and never take things out of the shared bank in a timely way.

I have two gear vaults and at least one seed bank in every house and most of my wizards now have the allowed 3 houses. (So don't feel bad) Some are just for storage. I still run out of space in the banks and backpacks. Lol
Part of it is also due to buying things from packs or chests. They are often not auctionable. Some aren't tradeable either. So they sit. If I knew a certain pet would LOVE the item I would feed it to them. But I tried that with expensive gear and the pet went "meh."

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I wondered what to do with extra pets until recently. I discovered while in Wysteria that the pet shop lady also buys pets. You can sell your pets there. Just make sure you really want to sell that one. You can't undo it.

anecorbie's post reminded me of this.

Survivor
May 02, 2016
I do try. (I've gotten rid of at least half my current storage capacity in the past week and a half.)

However, I play the game in a wide variety of ways, including in a party of two, in a party of three, and in a party of three. As a Balance with a heavy secondary in Life, and a potential tertiary in Death, I have multiple outfits I wear, as SparkleTude has also mentioned. Some boost my healing, some boost critical out the roof, some are entirely stitched to the special gear I get for buying bundles, and some are holiday- or world-themed. This combined with the number of decks I have tailored to my different styles, I usually have around 50 items in my backpack that simply cannot be moved for me to rapidly change styles.

And I understand the concept of getting rid of the stuff you don't need, but I also have to consider the chance that I'll do something I'll regret a lot. I've done it before, in-game and in-life, and it's weighed on my mind to be absolutely sure I don't want something before getting rid of it.

I'm not entirely a hoarder (I can get rid of stuff I know I won't want or need), but it does dampen the enjoyment I feel playing the game. I know not everything can be accounted for, but to be honest, the space provided is scarce. As so many people agree with me, I think it would be prudent for KI to consider a more versatile method for trading. It would feel like less of a waste than to just sell or feed away the stuff I get.

If you haven't already noticed, I am a big crowns player too (I have probably spent around $1000 or just about on this game) and, that said, I also get a lot of crown items or card pack items. This only further compounds the issue as SparkleTude can also reiterate. The game is great, but with a few tweaks to account for those of us that spend a good chunk of money on it and its items, it could be even better.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
betwixted on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
I do try. (I've gotten rid of at least half my current storage capacity in the past week and a half.)

However, I play the game in a wide variety of ways, including in a party of two, in a party of three, and in a party of three. As a Balance with a heavy secondary in Life, and a potential tertiary in Death, I have multiple outfits I wear, as SparkleTude has also mentioned. Some boost my healing, some boost critical out the roof, some are entirely stitched to the special gear I get for buying bundles, and some are holiday- or world-themed. This combined with the number of decks I have tailored to my different styles, I usually have around 50 items in my backpack that simply cannot be moved for me to rapidly change styles.

And I understand the concept of getting rid of the stuff you don't need, but I also have to consider the chance that I'll do something I'll regret a lot. I've done it before, in-game and in-life, and it's weighed on my mind to be absolutely sure I don't want something before getting rid of it.

I'm not entirely a hoarder (I can get rid of stuff I know I won't want or need), but it does dampen the enjoyment I feel playing the game. I know not everything can be accounted for, but to be honest, the space provided is scarce. As so many people agree with me, I think it would be prudent for KI to consider a more versatile method for trading. It would feel like less of a waste than to just sell or feed away the stuff I get.

If you haven't already noticed, I am a big crowns player too (I have probably spent around $1000 or just about on this game) and, that said, I also get a lot of crown items or card pack items. This only further compounds the issue as SparkleTude can also reiterate. The game is great, but with a few tweaks to account for those of us that spend a good chunk of money on it and its items, it could be even better.
Ok, you have outfits you want to keep, but rarely wear? ( like the Holiday themed statless gear ) Try this; buy the mannequin recipe from that lady in Marleybone ( she's next to the entrance to Digmore. ) There is both a male and female mannequin, and you're allowed to craft up to 14 of each type - that's surely enough to serve as "hangers" for your special gear. ( You also get to show off this gear to friends visiting your home, which is nice. )

Survivor
May 02, 2016
. . . Did you say we could actually put stuff on the mannequins? Oh my, you really do learn something new every day. Thank you for that, indeed. I am off to Regent Square right now to get me that recipe. Just goes to show that as long as I've been around, there are always new things to discover.
Other than that, I think I may just need to sit and decorate again. I'm not the best at it, but I think it would be good for me to at least try. Lest my friends laugh at me again.