Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life wizards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
can some one please tell me what makes life wizards unique and what do we get that other schools don't
from what i can tell whats sapposed to make life wizards unique is our ability to heal but it a pears that every one can do that so im trying to figure out why im playing life and not another school

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
AngelicWolf1337 on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
can some one please tell me what makes life wizards unique and what do we get that other schools don't
from what i can tell whats sapposed to make life wizards unique is our ability to heal but it a pears that every one can do that so im trying to figure out why im playing life and not another school
With life you get the better ability to heal, regenerate, satyr, dryad, also we are pretty good on damage with the right setup, my life was lvl 100 with 101% damage and 40%+ resist and a good 15% of accuracy and i can deal damage while using aheals at a higher lvl, i love life, it's awesome, however if you don't like life try myth, also life gets absorbs and you don't have to wear a mastery at all unlike other classes that require one to use heals effectively

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
In the higher levels your ability to use stronger healing spells with power pips will give you the advantage over others who train spells, also you'll be able to get group heals which others can't train, like Unicorn.
Example: my Death wizard trained Satyr - I need 4 pips to use it. You, on the other hand, just need 2 power pips to do the same thing.
Also, Life Wizards do more than heal - they have some really good attacks.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
Life gets healing spells that are better than any that are accessible to others. Just like Damage Over Time spells aren't completely exclusive to Fire, healing spells aren't completely exclusive to Life. If you have a problem with that, go take the school test when you make a new wizard and see what it recommends.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I played life wizards to max level and they are very useful in battle for their own healing spells that no other wizards can learn such as; unicorn, rebirth, satyr, dryad, wings of fate and other spells like triage, guiding light, brilliant light and other healing boosts spells. Yes, there are tc cards of all those spells but will take gold and many hours to stock up. Plus Power pips don't work on outside school spells unless you buy an amulet worth 10'000 crowns. Wearing that amulet will prevent you from an amulet you may need for your wizards in battle.That's what makes life wizards unique.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Life is a great school! My favourite!

What is unique about life wizards include:
  • Accuracy of our spells! Almost all of our attack spells have 90% accuracy! No fizzles here!
  • Our SUPERB healing abilities! No school can heal their team as fast as we can with both our unicorn AND rebirth heals! Quick fix after a damaging hit-all spell.
  • Our supportive abilities! We can cast "absorb" on our friends to protect them from damage as well as increase the accuracy of their spells with "guidance"(+10% accuracy to all friends".
  • Life wizards may not be the fastest at dealing damage, but we can recover the fastest from damage to ourselves or friends!

The Life School is more of a supportive type of gameplay out in the Spiral. I would recommend leveling up to at least 30 to get a good experience with the life school if you really want to see if you like it. Otherwise, feel free to experiment with something else!

Life wizards are always welcome in any group

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 90+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, Join me!)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
We can all heal ourselves with that one pixie spell but only Life wizards get higher level healing spells and can heal others in a variety of ways.
Others can train in the Life school up until Sprite so they can at least heal others a little bit, but Life wizards at higher levels can do huge healings and group healings.

You can buy or win and wear some gear too that has Life spells. I have some things like that. Problem is you have to be wearing it when (before) you need it. (Before the battle begins.)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
BTW if you are getting a bit bored by not being able to fight as hard as others as a lower level Life wizard, you can make up to 6 wizards per account. So try out another school for a while. That way you'd also see firsthand how the schools differ :)

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
My life is the only character I've leveled up to the max so I can't really compare it to anything since my other characters are lower levels but I love life. Most people say life is only a support school, but it's not. If you have the proper gear you do it all. In my opinion life might be the best school to solo the later worlds. I soloed most of Mirage before it was nerfed and did fine. The advantages are higher health and accuracy. You can take a lot of damage and don't have to worry about fizzling. If you have good gear you can do a lot of damage. It may take longer to kill than a storm or fire but you won't die especially with all of our heals. Another positive is that life boosts on death. A lot of bosses are death so it's nice to do some extra damage.
ps. Zander is the coolest arcanum scholar!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
SparkleTude on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
We can all heal ourselves with that one pixie spell but only Life wizards get higher level healing spells and can heal others in a variety of ways.
Others can train in the Life school up until Sprite so they can at least heal others a little bit, but Life wizards at higher levels can do huge healings and group healings.

You can buy or win and wear some gear too that has Life spells. I have some things like that. Problem is you have to be wearing it when (before) you need it. (Before the battle begins.)
Actually you can train up to Satyr, but you get no group heals.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Life is special because they have

Multiple heals and group heals;
Highest accuracy;
Very high pip chance;
Second highest health;
Highest tier damage blade (+40%);
Ability to solo easily or work on a team;
In high demand for dungeons.

As for why you're playing a Life wizard, I'm assuming you were either sorted into the Life school or you deliberately chose it. If you're not happy with Life, try:

Storm or Fire for damage; Ice, Balance or Life for defense and team play; Death, Balance and Myth for versatility and cool manipulations.

Or, to find the right 'teaching style' that will keep you engaged:

Myth for the crankiest teacher;
Life or Ice for the sweetest teachers;
Death or Storm for the quirkiest teachers;
Fire or Balance for the wisest teachers.

Hope you find something to enjoy in either Life or some other school....

Alia Misthaven