Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Marleybone Car mount??

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I had proposed one a while back; just like the marleybone car you can buy in crown shop as decor and would have grabbed it right now, EXCEPT that unlike the antique car in Marleybone which is realistic black, this one is tinker toy coloring of red and blue . . . . so before I waste crowns, I must know if I could change the awful color combination to my choice of colors . . . . like black and green or black and blue or anything but red and blue

Can we change the colors of the car? full range of colors?

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Pretty sure its not dyeable. I would love if it was. If it was I would totally dye it yellow and name it Bessie. And if you get that reference you're pretty awesome in my book.....

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
cardorarla on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:
I had proposed one a while back; just like the marleybone car you can buy in crown shop as decor and would have grabbed it right now, EXCEPT that unlike the antique car in Marleybone which is realistic black, this one is tinker toy coloring of red and blue . . . . so before I waste crowns, I must know if I could change the awful color combination to my choice of colors . . . . like black and green or black and blue or anything but red and blue

Can we change the colors of the car? full range of colors?
Probably not, but I like this idea of making it dye-able.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
OK, KI; requesting it as a dual mount in black and colorable!

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I too would love for this to be dyable! Plus we need one that can hold 4 people, two in front and two in back!

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
mittensk on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
I too would love for this to be dyable! Plus we need one that can hold 4 people, two in front and two in back!
LOL, a team car . . .

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It is not dyeable but the red isn't as bright as it seems in the image.

It is very fast. 50 speed instead of 40. It is also small. It is perfect and a lot of fun to use it to whirl around Wysterian streets.

My one quibble with it might be that it shakes quite a bit (like a really old car.) Since I have to stare at the car while I guide it around, it gave me a queasy feeling. I got a bit used to it but I wish it didn't shake quite so much. Some of us get vertigo easily :)

A strange quibble but I thought I should share it since others might want to know. If you are unsure then maybe wait til you see it in world to decide about buying or not.

A car that didn't shake and tremble constantly and was dyeable would be great. I think it would sell like hotcakes.

The animation is good though, and it handles well. It also beeps its horn at random which is funny.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
cardorarla on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
OK, KI; requesting it as a dual mount in black and colorable!
Dual mount vehicles would be great too. A tandem bicycle. An old fashioned car with a rumble seat a second player could sit in.

Keep them smallish or narrow for those very tricky streets with a high pull in rate.

Please not black. It leaves too little that is dyeable.
The coffin car? It is mostly black and I cannot see the side panels while I am using the car.

I'd rather have as much dyeable on everything as possible. And two dyeable colors at least :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
cardorarla on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
LOL, a team car . . .
This reminds me of the "Keystone Kops" films from the 1920s.
Probably would be some online somewhere if anyone was curious.

The group would all hop into and on a car and cling to the sides as it rolled around :)

They could even rotoscope it for the animation maybe :)

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
O, and forgot to mention . . . how many people you see driving with their arm clear back over the seat back? Really?? I keep both hands on the wheel most of the time and if not, over the door with the window open. But hey, it's a not so realistic car and I won't buy it in red. detest black, but the Marleybone model is black so it looks more realistic . . . would never buy a red car and won't buy this one as is. Sure wish it was black or dyable and the arm wasn't on the back of the seat. LOL They just save me a bunch of expensive crowns.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I think with the very first cars ever, they might have driven the car in that relaxed way (with one hand draped over the door) because the cars went slowly compared to today. Almost like driving a golf cart in ways.

Also the cars shook so much, they might have been trying to hold the door on! Lol

Survivor
Jan 17, 2017
I wish it was dyeable too! KI should definetly make it tha way