Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change in Requirement for Spell Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
Ok this change needs to happen in the next update. The fact that you have to main quest all the way to Zafaria to craft 5 pip spells in Mooshu is ridiculous. Nobody is using five pip spells in Zafaria so the point of doing all that work to craft a spell that is obsolete by that point is totally a waste of gold and time. On my second wizard which I am using to craft, I decided by the time I was in Mooshu I wanted to be legendary artisan so I could craft ninja pigs (I am a myth). I teleported to friends and gathered all these regents so I could get legendary artisan so my main quest is in Mooshu but I am a grandmaster artisan (thats as far as Celestia goes) and I cannot get legendary artisan until my main quest is all the way in Zafaria!! Why would I even want ninja pigs by that time anyway!! Its totally ridiculous. I have my 12 amber that took FOREVER to get and please KI I really want ninja pigs at an appropriate and useful level. It requires a ton of work to get to legendary artisan anyway plus the ingredients to craft spells (golden pearls and amber are the bane of my existence) are really hard to get so PLEASE just make these spells available to lower levels as long as they still put in the work.
John Earthfist

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jdye777361 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
Ok this change needs to happen in the next update. The fact that you have to main quest all the way to Zafaria to craft 5 pip spells in Mooshu is ridiculous. Nobody is using five pip spells in Zafaria so the point of doing all that work to craft a spell that is obsolete by that point is totally a waste of gold and time. On my second wizard which I am using to craft, I decided by the time I was in Mooshu I wanted to be legendary artisan so I could craft ninja pigs (I am a myth). I teleported to friends and gathered all these regents so I could get legendary artisan so my main quest is in Mooshu but I am a grandmaster artisan (thats as far as Celestia goes) and I cannot get legendary artisan until my main quest is all the way in Zafaria!! Why would I even want ninja pigs by that time anyway!! Its totally ridiculous. I have my 12 amber that took FOREVER to get and please KI I really want ninja pigs at an appropriate and useful level. It requires a ton of work to get to legendary artisan anyway plus the ingredients to craft spells (golden pearls and amber are the bane of my existence) are really hard to get so PLEASE just make these spells available to lower levels as long as they still put in the work.
John Earthfist
Ok, you posted this same topic in the crafting section and I replied to you then that ALL are required to be "LEGENDARY ARTISANS" in order to craft the permanent spells.

Yes, you have to be able to complete the crafting quest in Zafaria before you can become a Legendary Artisan.

I don't know where you got the idea that no one is using 5 pip spells in Zafaria or even higher levels but that is a false assumption. Many including Higher level wizards have requested a way to acquire spells that are lower PIP than those learned through School Spell quests.

Yes, it does require a ton of work to acquire all the necessary ingredients but you can pick up some of those items in the normal course of questing. Other reagents can be gotten through gardening the right plants. We have all done the reagent harvesting to fill our shared banks with them and we still do. Time consuming? Yes, but not impossible to do.

I disagree that this needs to be changed.

There are some aspects of the game that should NOT be changed and this is one of them.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
Ok, you posted this same topic in the crafting section and I replied to you then that ALL are required to be "LEGENDARY ARTISANS" in order to craft the permanent spells.

Yes, you have to be able to complete the crafting quest in Zafaria before you can become a Legendary Artisan.

I don't know where you got the idea that no one is using 5 pip spells in Zafaria or even higher levels but that is a false assumption. Many including Higher level wizards have requested a way to acquire spells that are lower PIP than those learned through School Spell quests.

Yes, it does require a ton of work to acquire all the necessary ingredients but you can pick up some of those items in the normal course of questing. Other reagents can be gotten through gardening the right plants. We have all done the reagent harvesting to fill our shared banks with them and we still do. Time consuming? Yes, but not impossible to do.

I disagree that this needs to be changed.

There are some aspects of the game that should NOT be changed and this is one of them.
Ok in what way is that a false assumption. I know I don't use stormzilla in my storm in zafaria. I would much rather use triton especially because often they require the same amount of pips (3 power pips). Life uses centaur as main attack, ice colossus, myth orthrus, death wraith, fire helephant, storm triton and balance uses judgement. This is excluding attack all spells. Ya its great to collect these spells once you're there but its pretty pointless and if someone is willing to put in the work at any point in the game they should be able to craft these spells.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Okay first of all, can you not post this everywhere?
And still on my answer, I disagree.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
These 5-pip spells are special spells that you get either as a drop from the appropriate boss(es) or craft (not including packs).

Just like it was mentioned before, this kind of things is earned. Just because it's a 5-pip spell, doesn't mean it's for low-level wizards.

I was lucky to get the Ninja Pig spell drop from Koto in Mooshu. I have crafted each and every spell available on all of my other wizards. I waited. I earned the right to do so.

High level wizards do use the 5-pip spells. My L115 Myth still uses Ninja Pig quite frequently. It's easy to use, and when buffed, can easily kill a high-level boss in one shot with very few pips.

Aspects of the game are opened when you achieve it's required goal. Crafting is something you must earn by opening worlds or areas or finish the quest to start earning your Legendary badge (for example).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jdye777361 on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
Ok in what way is that a false assumption. I know I don't use stormzilla in my storm in zafaria. I would much rather use triton especially because often they require the same amount of pips (3 power pips). Life uses centaur as main attack, ice colossus, myth orthrus, death wraith, fire helephant, storm triton and balance uses judgement. This is excluding attack all spells. Ya its great to collect these spells once you're there but its pretty pointless and if someone is willing to put in the work at any point in the game they should be able to craft these spells.
You posted this in the crafting forum TWICE:

Then you came to this forum and posted the very same topic just with different wording.

Just because the crafted permanent spells are averaging 4-5 pips, does not mean they are not being used by Higher level wizards. In fact they are. We have stronger buffs at higher levels and that makes those spells extremely useful..

This ability to have lower pip permanent spells at higher levels was REQUESTED by higher level wizards. In order for us to have them, we HAVE TO EARN them by questing to and defeating the Indigo Giant before the Vendor will appear to us.

It isn't fair to those who have earned it just to turn around and have a level 42 suddenly have the same permanent spell. The fact that many of those same spells can be purchased as TC in the Bazaar, keeps many players supplied until they reach Legendary Artisan. It is a GOAL that you have to reach before you can get it. We have all farmed for the reagents needed and some of us have those in reserve on younger wizards so that when we get them to Legendary Artisan and are able to do the required battle to get the vendor to appear, we will be ready to craft the spell. Until then, we continue to quest and craft as set in the game.

The only thing you can do is to quest through just like everyone else and earn that Legendary Artisan THEN you will have the chance to get that spell as a permanent spell.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jdye777361 on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
I can't help what other wizards choose to use in any upper world.

But I can assure you my
Life rarely ever uses Centaur, I will use Goat Monk(5 Pip).

Ice does not use Colossus, but Handsome Fomori or Winter Moon(both 5 pips).

Myth never uses Orthrus but Keeper of the Flame or Ninja Pigs or Athena Battle Sight(all are 4 pips),

Death rarely uses Wraith but Deer Knight or Lord of Night(both 5 pips),

Fire does not use Helephant but, Hephestus(5 pips), Brimstone Revenant and Krampus(both 4 Pips),

Storm might use Triton but would use Catalan(5 pips) or Queen Calypso(4 pips)

Balance RARELY ever uses Judgement, but Savage Paw or Samoorai (both 5 pips) or Loremaster(4 pips)

All of which are EARNED by questing and completing the required crafting quests

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Okay, you're wrong. People do use 4-5 Pip spells in Zafaria and the worlds beyond it. You're just one player who disagrees with this. That doesn't mean your opinion is the truth.

And I'm agreeing with DragonLady and Brynner.

Always do your research!