Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please balance out the schools again KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
The schools of wizard101 have not been balanced since the dragonspyre days,then each school had a clear theme =buffs =defense =drains =damage over time =minions =heals and =damage in one hit but now its more like all=+ or should i say + since fire and ice are now getting more damage then storm is plus more health and better utility.All the minions myth gets are near useless after dragonspyre like all the other minions so myth,the school made to solo, can no longer solo,also it takes about 4 buffed no enchant frogs to kill an azteca mob.On to life and death,yes they are amazing for pve but in pvp they are lacking with no jade gear plus at low levels mobs are very hard for them with no low level aoe hits.So that is the weak side of things here is whats to strong fire and ice pack more everything than storm does plus they are so good at pvp with great spells like burning rampage and balance gets spells that are too strong like loremaster,should balance be able to use more damage then fire for the same pip cost with a better effect while still keeping the accuracy?No they should not,no one should.Also why do we have no good crafted gear as a replacement for darkmoor gear?Also why do we need to spend months farming loremaster and darkmoor to do good in pvp or pve?So to summarize,we need more crafted gear,buffing of minions,buffing of low tier pvp and pve schools and nerfing of high tier schools in pvp and pve(and no i do not want death to be awful in pvp since they are good in pve and other things like that)
Note:i am not trying to criticize you i am just saying what i think i wrong with the game

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
kingme655 on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
The schools of wizard101 have not been balanced since the dragonspyre days,then each school had a clear theme =buffs =defense =drains =damage over time =minions =heals and =damage in one hit but now its more like all=+ or should i say + since fire and ice are now getting more damage then storm is plus more health and better utility.All the minions myth gets are near useless after dragonspyre like all the other minions so myth,the school made to solo, can no longer solo,also it takes about 4 buffed no enchant frogs to kill an azteca mob.On to life and death,yes they are amazing for pve but in pvp they are lacking with no jade gear plus at low levels mobs are very hard for them with no low level aoe hits.So that is the weak side of things here is whats to strong fire and ice pack more everything than storm does plus they are so good at pvp with great spells like burning rampage and balance gets spells that are too strong like loremaster,should balance be able to use more damage then fire for the same pip cost with a better effect while still keeping the accuracy?No they should not,no one should.Also why do we have no good crafted gear as a replacement for darkmoor gear?Also why do we need to spend months farming loremaster and darkmoor to do good in pvp or pve?So to summarize,we need more crafted gear,buffing of minions,buffing of low tier pvp and pve schools and nerfing of high tier schools in pvp and pve(and no i do not want death to be awful in pvp since they are good in pve and other things like that)
Note:i am not trying to criticize you i am just saying what i think i wrong with the game
I first have to say: What made you mad today to write all that? Did you loose a match???

Next, I will have to agree with some parts, the game is starting to look like it is trying to remedy the schools weaknesses. I assume though KI knows what their doing.

Hang in there though, I'm sure it will pay off!!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
i was not mad at all but i don't think kingsisle will do these things ever since it seems they only buff things that don't need buffing like burning rampage

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Blaze makes a good point that KI is remedying the situation. The thing is that it can't happen all at once. So far, we've seen a noticeable change to reshuffle which has a huge impact on long PvP matches and multiplying spell methods. It's just the beginning and I truly believe they're trying their best to create a fair game, not tethered towards one or a group's desires.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 75+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
you think the reshuffle nerf was a good thing?! all it did was make jade angels unkillible! Also the game is tethered towards the desires of fire ice and balance since they get all they want and the rest are left with pure weakness

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I did not say it was a good thing for everyone, but I did say that it shows that KI is recognizing issues including PvP. It was just one change so far, you can't make all the changes you would want within one update, it's gonna take time. All we can do is hope for the best.

The game is not tethered towards balance, fire and ice. The issues you have with PvP are concerning those schools. Instead of having us run circles around you, just say what you really want. Just putting down the aspects that you dislike about the game does nothing to stimulate a solution.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
thelastdiviner on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
I did not say it was a good thing for everyone, but I did say that it shows that KI is recognizing issues including PvP. It was just one change so far, you can't make all the changes you would want within one update, it's gonna take time. All we can do is hope for the best.

The game is not tethered towards balance, fire and ice. The issues you have with PvP are concerning those schools. Instead of having us run circles around you, just say what you really want. Just putting down the aspects that you dislike about the game does nothing to stimulate a solution.

Uh, the game actually is tethered towards those schools, especially in PVP. If you don't believe me, look at the Leaderboard, and see how many 120 Storms are on that list. Also, try watching a fight between a 120 Storm and Ice and see how balanced it is.

The schools aren't anything like what they once were. Third arc gear is now phasing out Critical and Block for Pip Conversion, and Fire is now the new damage school. Storm gear also has more resist than Fire now.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
FusionSun on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:
Uh, the game actually is tethered towards those schools, especially in PVP. If you don't believe me, look at the Leaderboard, and see how many 120 Storms are on that list. Also, try watching a fight between a 120 Storm and Ice and see how balanced it is.

The schools aren't anything like what they once were. Third arc gear is now phasing out Critical and Block for Pip Conversion, and Fire is now the new damage school. Storm gear also has more resist than Fire now.
Apologies in my previous post, I had just realized now that I slightly went off topic when I said "The game is not tethered towards balance, fire and ice". I was referring to specifically to PvE in that aspect, but I believe FusionSun's argument is justified.

Maybe I don't play PvP enough these days, but I guess my position here is accepting the fact that KI is making an effort to balance the schools with concern around PvP. We should also be aware that PvP does not only exist at high levels. With the reshuffle update, we have both good and bad sides. Juju and Angels are slightly easier to kill now. It's not going to be super easy, just slightly.

Schools are never going to be balanced. They each have their own aspects that make them unique. A storm wizard will not heal a group better than a life wizard. A fire wizard can do damage faster than a death wizard.

Storm wizards might not be at the top of the leaderboards because of how low their health and resist is. <- This right here is an issue, but FusionSun says exactly how KI is making a change, "Storm gear also has more resist than Fire now."

kingme, you post "i don't think kingsisle will do these things ever" replying to Blaze, but there is evidence they are. I got my life wiz to max, but still wanted some faster gameplay. I didn't wait for KI to make a low pip aoe. I made a fire. If schools were balanced, I think that'd be pretty boring. Play for a challenge.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I have to agree with you. Despite what people state no not all classes are balanced in 1v1. Pvp has to do a lot with skill, does not make it equal.

Most op in pvp is ice, myth and death. The problem in pvp comes from the fact king isle lost there touch with the skills. It feels like schools lost there natural balance. Before storm was damage ice tank and so forth. Now ice does more then storm and fire? How is that right when fire and storm are main damage and ice is a tank. King isle should nerf lulu to at max 600. Here is the damage I believe should be introduced to bro proper skill damage. I believe king isle can improve the entire games balance by applying this changes. I think they can also improve the game by insuring the game classes follow there traditional class allocation rather then trying to put clay in there weakness

Lulu: 600 sorrow: 650 Kizmah rage 730

Glow bugs 900. Rusalka wrath 1000. Sultan 1100

Weaver: 630 snow barrage: 89 per pip. Ysm: 800

Mystic collusus: 600 yaga: 700 snake charmer: 730

Hungry caterpillar: 550 swans: 610 Lelamsu: 710

Ffa: 800 raging bull: 860 schism: 910

Glare:640 nested furry :710, 590. 645 spice strike: 730

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Lukeskywalker1313 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
I have to agree with you. Despite what people state no not all classes are balanced in 1v1. Pvp has to do a lot with skill, does not make it equal.

Most op in pvp is ice, myth and death. The problem in pvp comes from the fact king isle lost there touch with the skills. It feels like schools lost there natural balance. Before storm was damage ice tank and so forth. Now ice does more then storm and fire? How is that right when fire and storm are main damage and ice is a tank. King isle should nerf lulu to at max 600. Here is the damage I believe should be introduced to bro proper skill damage. I believe king isle can improve the entire games balance by applying this changes. I think they can also improve the game by insuring the game classes follow there traditional class allocation rather then trying to put clay in there weakness

Lulu: 600 sorrow: 650 Kizmah rage 730

Glow bugs 900. Rusalka wrath 1000. Sultan 1100

Weaver: 630 snow barrage: 89 per pip. Ysm: 800

Mystic collusus: 600 yaga: 700 snake charmer: 730

Hungry caterpillar: 550 swans: 610 Lelamsu: 710

Ffa: 800 raging bull: 860 schism: 910

Glare:640 nested furry :710, 590. 645 spice strike: 730
I don't think spells necessarily need a nerf, more so gear and how statistics are ranked among the schools. If ice wizards are supposed to have lower damage, we can slightly the amount their gear gives. If storm and fire wizards are the damage schools we can lower their resist as well. Gear statistics really determine how strong your spells can be, not so much the base damage of the spell.

I think we stated that fire, balance, and ice are the most overpowered. Also, the schools that may be suffering in PvP could use unique counter measures. Ice, myth, and death don't really have efficient spammable spells.

Just a few notes.

Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)