Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deer knight

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
At what lvl do I get the quest for deer knight and avenging fossil?

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I could be wrong on this, but pretty sure there is no quest for deer knight. The only ways I know to get it is to craft it yourself, learn it from Loremaster or get it from a pack. For a lower level player I would guess the easiest way would be farming Loremaster, but it can take a lot of attempts to get any spell let alone the one you want.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
Avenging fossil is 88 i believe? i could be wrong but deer knight isn't you can farm loremaster or craft it near the indigo boss in avalon

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Its level 88 for avenging fossil and deer knight I think you need legendary artisan.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
You get the spell for avenging fossil at lvl 88. As for Deer Knight, there is no spell quest. It's an extra spell that is obtained by crafting (the recipe is sold by Grady), farming loremaster or farming the knight's lore pack.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Mark soul thief on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Deer Knight is a spell you can get from the Loremaster. I got Avenging Fossil near the end of Azteca, sorry I don't remember what level I was.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
There is no quest for deer knight, you can either craft it once you are high enough in crafting or you can beat up Loremaster until she gives it to you... not sure about fossil

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Deer Knight is a crafted spell. You have to be a Legendary Artisan and able to battle the Indigo Giant in The Wyrd-Dun Scaith in Avalon. Once you beat the Indigo Giant, Grady, the recipe vendor will appear. The recipe is 60,000 gold but this is also a permanent spell, not a TC.

To get the Avenging Fossil, you have to already have Dr. Von's Monster and be level 88 before receiving the spell quest. The quest itself is "Death of the Party". As with all school spell quests, you will have to complete all prequests so your actual level may vary.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
You need to either farm for Deer Knight from Loremaster or craft the spell.
You get the recipe from Grady in Dun Scaith I think. A dungeon in Avalon.

For Avenging Fossil I think it's level 87? Anywhere between 83-89

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
There is no quest to get Deer Knight unfortunately. You have several ways of getting the spell though:

1. Craft it.
2. Farm Loremaster for it
3. buy Knight's Lore pack and hope to get lucky.

Most people choose to craft it I am guessing.

Avenging Fossil is gained through a quest when you hit level 88.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Deer Knight is not a quest given spell; it is obtained either by crafting it, a drop from Knight's Lore pack, or a drop from farming Lore Master in Ds.

It's a great one to have so it's worth the effort

Check wizard central wiki online for your school spell quests and level that you get them.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Deer Knight is a crafted spell. You can buy the recipe from Grady in Dun Scaith: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Grady#axzz4YP01Iidn

The quest for Avenging Fossil is received at level 88.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's only 3 ways to get Deer knight:

1) buy Knight's Lore packs
2) Craft it after you finish the Zafaria crafting quest
3) Farm for it from Loremaster in Dragonspyre

As for avenging fossil, you SHOULD get notified at L88, as long as you got Dr Von's monster 9and any required quests/spells for Dr Von's)

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Avenging fossil is 88 and deer knight you have to craft, farm loremaster or buy knight lore packs

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
There are jewels with Deer Knight as well. I've gotten the pet jewel with the card, but I think there is another that gives it as well.

Start planting King Parsley for amber and pick up red mandrake whenever you see it. Unless you get lucky, you'll have to craft it.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Thanks everyone for all the help. Being that I have ice as my secondary school will I have the chance at all their spells also?

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Mark soul thief on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the help. Being that I have ice as my secondary school will I have the chance at all their spells also?
No, just the trainable ones. You can also buy ice tc in the Bazaar, but you won't be able to use any spell that's over 7 pips as only your main school spells can use power pips. Of course their are the mastery amulets that allow you to use power pips for another school, but that's a different topic.