Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Packs.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Everyone says it all comes down to luck.
I agree but..
You're spending TIME & MONEY ON IT.

That's no joke. People have earned the money to buy crowns. And earning money takes time. Lots of it. Money didn't come out of thin air. Players can't feel ripped off after getting lame TC and housing items after opening packs.
Maybe at the end of it all you get what you want and you don't feel ripped off. All the money you spent on those other packs with all the junk in them is NOT WORTH IT. Only two or three items isn't worth it AT ALL.

But what if all your crowns goes down the drain and all you got was TC, reagents, housing items and a lame pet or two. What do you do then? Your money is gone. There isn't a way to get back your money.

Now by posting this I don't mean to say just give us whatever we want. No no no.
It's obvious we will get TC, housing items and all that. It takes up a lot of bag space which can be used for other things. So to just make the burn from pack openings to hurt less KI can:

- Make the housing items, TC, reagents and all that sell for quite a bit of gold.
More gold, why not? Think about it, something is better then nothing. But what about people with max gold?
That's the problem! Make the housing items and all drop less from packs! Please KI!

- Have an exchange system, crowns only. Example: I get a robe for Ice but i'm Balance! They're both the same rarity right? That's what the pack said that? RARE. So exchange them since they're worth the same! What about housing items? Keep reading!

- For the crown shop housing items, no one wants to exchange them. So we can sell them? For what? Crowns or gold? Crowns of course. Every crown shop housing item from packs can sell anywhere between 10-75 crowns. Now that is a good deal since there's such a huge amount of crown shop housing items you get. At the end of the day you could even get a few more packs out of it

Guess that's it. KI can always increase the drop rate of the more rare items like mounts, gear and all if they want but I don't think that will happen.

Also remember, the next time you buy packs, don't spend them all at once. You'll feel ripped off even if you got what you want. You might need those crowns in the future. So open a few packs on one day. And just wait till the next day and open more packs. Trust me you'll feel way better about it. And you might have a higher chance of getting what you want.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Mirajane7887 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
Everyone says it all comes down to luck.
I agree but..
You're spending TIME & MONEY ON IT.

That's no joke. People have earned the money to buy crowns. And earning money takes time. Lots of it. Money didn't come out of thin air. Players can't feel ripped off after getting lame TC and housing items after opening packs.
Maybe at the end of it all you get what you want and you don't feel ripped off. All the money you spent on those other packs with all the junk in them is NOT WORTH IT. Only two or three items isn't worth it AT ALL.

But what if all your crowns goes down the drain and all you got was TC, reagents, housing items and a lame pet or two. What do you do then? Your money is gone. There isn't a way to get back your money.

Now by posting this I don't mean to say just give us whatever we want. No no no.
It's obvious we will get TC, housing items and all that. It takes up a lot of bag space which can be used for other things. So to just make the burn from pack openings to hurt less KI can:

- Make the housing items, TC, reagents and all that sell for quite a bit of gold.
More gold, why not? Think about it, something is better then nothing. But what about people with max gold?
That's the problem! Make the housing items and all drop less from packs! Please KI!

- Have an exchange system, crowns only. Example: I get a robe for Ice but i'm Balance! They're both the same rarity right? That's what the pack said that? RARE. So exchange them since they're worth the same! What about housing items? Keep reading!

- For the crown shop housing items, no one wants to exchange them. So we can sell them? For what? Crowns or gold? Crowns of course. Every crown shop housing item from packs can sell anywhere between 10-75 crowns. Now that is a good deal since there's such a huge amount of crown shop housing items you get. At the end of the day you could even get a few more packs out of it

Guess that's it. KI can always increase the drop rate of the more rare items like mounts, gear and all if they want but I don't think that will happen.

Also remember, the next time you buy packs, don't spend them all at once. You'll feel ripped off even if you got what you want. You might need those crowns in the future. So open a few packs on one day. And just wait till the next day and open more packs. Trust me you'll feel way better about it. And you might have a higher chance of getting what you want.
I partially agree with you, packs can be frustrating at times, but KI should not just GIVE you everything you want. so lets talk about your ideas.
1. More gold for useless stuff? sure. less useless stuff? fine.

2. Nope. You can't just do that.

3. a bit steep if it happens make it 10-30 crowns.

.Yes, you should not just buy this kind of stuff "willy nilly" THINK before you BUY. please...

~ Aedan soulhunter ~ Cya'

Explorer
May 25, 2011
You're right, it is all luck and you shouldn't buy the packs if you don't think they are worth it. Personally, I rarely buy them and only if there is a sale. I bought some packs this sale and I got lucky; I received a Road Warrior's Chopper first try and a Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze first try for each! I've never gotten anything good out of packs before. It's like buying lotto tickets in life; chances are you won't get anything, but it's fun playing. Unlike lotto tickets, packs are pretty much free. Instead of using actual money and time you can do the daily assignments, quizzes, or the videos to earn crowns.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
shadier9 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
You're right, it is all luck and you shouldn't buy the packs if you don't think they are worth it. Personally, I rarely buy them and only if there is a sale. I bought some packs this sale and I got lucky; I received a Road Warrior's Chopper first try and a Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze first try for each! I've never gotten anything good out of packs before. It's like buying lotto tickets in life; chances are you won't get anything, but it's fun playing. Unlike lotto tickets, packs are pretty much free. Instead of using actual money and time you can do the daily assignments, quizzes, or the videos to earn crowns.
shadier9, you're very right, buying packs is exactly like gambling or like that vending machine with the mechanical arm used to snag the best prize, but instead may grab the made-in-China plastic toy.
I had some amazing luck with the packs during the sale: my Ice wiz got a wand, gear and permanent mount ( the Ice Skates )
You aren't getting "nothing" when you buy a pack - you get something, it may not be the most desired stuff, but at least its something.
Some housing items can be sold, I always welcome pets. I craft a lot so reagents ( especially rare reagents ) are welcome.
TC is also welcome, and if you don't like or can't use them ( & can't sell them ) then you can trade them.
Compensation for what's basically a gamble isn't necessary.