Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too boring to replay with new character?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I want to make a new character (probably in life school)- but I don't want to have to replay the whole game! I would love to take the level 50 elixir- but I can't. The highest current level of any of my characters is 31. I really don't want to go through and repeat ALL the gameplay, but do I have a choice? If you know any ways to skip replaying everything or to make it easier, let me know. Also, do you think it's worth it? I feel I've come very far with my current wizard, I just want to change my school and name. Redesign, if you will. Has anyone had this dilemma? Is it really worth it, or do you think I should suck it up and continue with the one I have right now? Let me know ASAP, thank you ❤️

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Well, to answer your question, no. There is no loophole, or any sort of cheat that can help you. But hey, i got a death wizard from lvl 1 to lvl 15 in a day 20 the next. now he is in azteca. So just keep on working on whichever character you feel like. luv 4 dayz Have fun!

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
to be honest you should just quest with your current wizard. Sure you've come far but not too far. I got my ice to 82 and decided to start a death and I regretted it.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Sabrina StormSling... on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
I want to make a new character (probably in life school)- but I don't want to have to replay the whole game! I would love to take the level 50 elixir- but I can't. The highest current level of any of my characters is 31. I really don't want to go through and repeat ALL the gameplay, but do I have a choice? If you know any ways to skip replaying everything or to make it easier, let me know. Also, do you think it's worth it? I feel I've come very far with my current wizard, I just want to change my school and name. Redesign, if you will. Has anyone had this dilemma? Is it really worth it, or do you think I should suck it up and continue with the one I have right now? Let me know ASAP, thank you ❤️
On the contrary, I feel the exact opposite way. If I was that low level and wanted to start over again, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would never use a Level 50 Elixir. That would skip the worlds I loved the most.

To make things easier, I'd say put as much gear that you have right now into your shared backpack before you delete your wizard. When you start your new wizard, take all that gear and sell it at the Bazaar so that you have gold to buy better gear.

The struggles flip as you progress. In the early worlds, not having enough gold to buy good gear at the Bazaar is the struggle. Starting at level 60, not having any good gear at the Bazaar to spend your excess gold on becomes the struggle.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I have 6 characters ranging from level 39-112. I think its worth starting new ones and leveling them up from the start. I know a few areas or quests get tedious doing multiple times, but I think the good outweighs the bad. Plus once you've gone through an area on one character, it gets easier the next time you go through it.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So, your highest level is a level 31 and you're already bored of that wizard. (Don't delete it by the way).
You went on to say that you don't want to have to go through the entire game. But this is where you lost me. If your highest level is a 31, then you haven't even been through 1/4 of the game much less the entire game.

If perhaps you had a say level 80 wizard, then I could sympathize with you somewhat as replaying old quests repeatedly can become easily annoying quickly. But since you haven't completed much of the game in the first place, this shouldn't really apply much to you.

However, if you insist on speed leveling or speed questing, you could perhaps team up with a player and run the worlds together. Much faster than soloing them.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Simplest solution:

Play your current character that is level 31 up to level 50. Because you haven't even taken one character all the way through the First Arc of the game yet, you haven't earned the right to short-cut it for the next character.

If you really hate your level 31 character so much, however, another solution is to take any other wizard you have and move them through instead. If that ends up being your new Life wizard, then yes you will have to repeat all the First Arc content, starting from scratch.

In short, like it or not, one of your wizards must progress to level 50 before you get to use the elixir on a new character. Your highest wizard is only 20 levels away. So yes, I'm advising you to suck it up.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 08, 2015
Judging by your character I assume you're storm. Don't stress about it, continue with your current school and make the most out of it. I understand the whole look/name concept as I would do anything to change my current name lol, just don't let it bother you & have fun.