Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Announcing the Charm (Like) Button

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Attention, Wizards!

We have a returning feature to announce here at Wizard101.com . . . the Charm button!

If you like a post or just want to say thanks to someone for making a helpful post, please push the Charm button at the bottom of the message to "Like it" like a Wizard!

A post's "charm" count will display in the top right-hand corner of a post, and you can even check to see how many times a person has received a helpful "charm" buff for their comments.

Try it out and let us know what you think.

NOTES:

1- Likes (or "Yars") from the Pirate101 message boards also count toward your "Charm count" here on the Wizard101 message boards.
2- Charms should not be used to create a club or clique based around like counts.
3- Archived posts cannot be "liked." Please understand that this does not mean older posts (and those who made them) are unappreciated. We value everyone's feedback, liked or not!

Thanks!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
This feature works fine for me in The Dorms and in Pets, but I opened a post in the Avalon section and it didn't show up. This might be intended, a glitch, or a bug to fix. I'm not sure.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
This feature works fine for me in The Dorms and in Pets, but I opened a post in the Avalon section and it didn't show up. This might be intended, a glitch, or a bug to fix. I'm not sure.
Thanks! I've got that fixed now.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Thanks so much Dworgyn! I also love that they're called "Charms." So cute!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Community Leader
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
When you click on "Show Charms History" the page gets extended horizontally and gets really wide for me. Other than that, thanks for re-adding the feature!

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Dworgyn on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Attention, Wizards!

We have a returning feature to announce here at Wizard101.com . . . the Charm button!

If you like a post or just want to say thanks to someone for making a helpful post, please push the Charm button at the bottom of the message to "Like it" like a Wizard!

A post's "charm" count will display in the top right-hand corner of a post, and you can even check to see how many times a person has received a helpful "charm" buff for their comments.

Try it out and let us know what you think.

NOTES:

1- Likes (or "Yars") from the Pirate101 message boards also count toward your "Charm count" here on the Wizard101 message boards.
2- Charms should not be used to create a club or clique based around like counts.
3- Archived posts cannot be "liked." Please understand that this does not mean older posts (and those who made them) are unappreciated. We value everyone's feedback, liked or not!

Thanks!
Do we get any notifications when someone charms our post?

Alejandro

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
PvP King on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
When you click on "Show Charms History" the page gets extended horizontally and gets really wide for me. Other than that, thanks for re-adding the feature!
What Browser/Device are you using?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
reyes107 on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
Do we get any notifications when someone charms our post?

Alejandro
No. It doesn't quite work like Facebook. You need to manually check it.

Community Leader
Absolutely charming. :D Thank you.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dworgyn on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
I am using Safari.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
It's happening to me too, but only on posts such as yours with many charms. Instead of stacking the "likes" vertically like on the P101 Message Boards, it's placing them side by side horizontally (therefore stretching the screen). Instead, they should be dropping below to the next line to stay within the box.

I'm using Google Chrome on my laptops and the Safari app on my phone. It's happening on both.

~Vanessa Mythdust

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
(Website went down for a moment so not sure if this is a duplicate or not...)

Is the post count the posts that you have liked or the number of likes on your posts?

Is there a way to see which posts of yours have been liked?

I want to mention, that I do not like this new system. (It should stay on Pirate101) that is just me though.

I do like the new Forum avatars that were added though.

Thanks.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Posts are how many times you wrote something on the forum. Charms are how many times others liked your post. When I first noticed the charms, I saw my charm count was rather high for a new feature and Dworgyn only had 31. Wow! How did that happen? Now I know, yar count. I figure Dworgyn's charms will soar high above mine very shortly. Happy Community leader day Dworgyn.

Hero
May 02, 2009
No. It doesn't quite work like Facebook. You need to manually check it.
I assume that it's a hardware/software issue that prevents this from happening correct?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I just noticed and thought I'd mention it. The Charms only show when you are logged into the forum. Just an FYI for those who might be reading this and not logged in wondering, "Why can't I see the charms?"

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
PvP King on Jan 20, 2017 wrote:
I am using Safari.
Thanks! I'm seeing it in Chrome as well. I've put in a bug fix request.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Is there a way to see which posts of yours have been liked?

No, unfortunately. That would be a neat feature, however.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Defender
Jul 01, 2015