Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players getting muted for 10 years

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2013
I don't know how to search for other message on this topic, and I don't see any other group for it.

I've been playing wizard101 for years. In the commons I've heard a lot of people using bad language with spelling changes; I've had real insulting comments from strangers. They just keep on playing.

But I've also met real good people that were muted for 10 years because someone reported them (usually from PVP losses), or because they argued with a mod. That's just wrong. Several of them had max level wizards.

Ten years is ridiculous. Give someone a six month or one year mute, if they don't learn then up it. How about asking for input from other players? They probably have lots of friends to testify to their attitude to other players.

10 years means leave the game. Those folk put a lot of time and often money into Wiz101. 10 years... that's from 16 to 26 years old, or 30 to 40 years old. Give people a chance, this is just wrong.

Please move this to any other conversation you think is appropriate. But don't just shut the topic down.

Saffron, lvl 42 Mage
Fiona, lvl 89 Pyromancer

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
A ten-year mute typically only happens with really egregious offenses. If your friends feel their mute was in error, please contact Customer Support and they'll review their case. If there is any confusion as to why an account is muted, ask and we'll let you know. If it's not justified, the mute can be removed.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game