Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catch of the Day Fish bonus reset

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
On December 31 the Catch of the Day Fish (I'll refer to it as CoD -or the COD Fish- for now on) was reset to zero gold bonus. Then on January 1, it was again reset. I am now working my way back up to the 30 day maximum bonus reward and currently at 1,200 extra gold per CoD Fish sold. I've sent all my info to Customer Support and been getting more aggravated with how little they are doing. They said they sent my info to the "test and research team", but also claim they credited my character gold so that whatever amount of gold I had before, would now add up to 277,000. I do not know how in the Spiral they came up with that number, nor do I know how much gold exactly did they claim to have given me. Oh, and all that gold they claim they credited me, they never did! I've been back and forth in emails with them and it appears reporting one problem there only causes another. Sigh.
Back to the CoD problem:
It reset 2 days in a row and I have caught the fish required each time. I heard others say it happened to them too and I know it reset for every single one of us but yet no one speaks up.

My suggestion for a "resolution" is to restore everyone's Catch of the Day Fish back to whenever they had it at their highest. "Support" says to make such a suggestion, I need to say it here. I hope you can fix this ASAP as I have another 19 days to go to get back up to the maximum 30.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Is there going to be any acknowledgement that the CoD was reset 2 days in a row And what is being done about it It's been 18 days since the first reset

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
There was a bug with how the game handled Catch of the Day when rolling over from 2016 to 2017. We'll be fixing it so this doesn't happen in future years. Sorry for the inconvenience.