Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sometimes setting can be a good thing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Now I do realize that setting up for a certain school will get you ridiculed, however in my opinion its probably one of the best strategies you can do if your fighting your own school. Believe me I've been called shield noob, set noob, heal noob...well all the noob things you can throw at me I've been called that. Mainly I like to face storm wizards that are a few level's higher me, I do indeed set my deck up greatly not forgetting anything. I even use a few tc unstoppable cards just in case i need some piece, trust me those cards are a lifesaver for me. I will give you one little example of my deck set up and my pet.

. -80% Storm shields: this is one of my favorite tactics to use if the person decides to use a prism on of of my shields, if he does fizzle i will double shield making his day difficult.

. Pet pressure: Now may cast storm blade might not be so fierce to some but it puts pressure on my opponent, if it happens when I use storm lord i can cast another blade to prepare to strike again.

These are just two examples I gave is how I was able to beat a level 75 storm at level 62(although this was in practice so don't judge me), however there are a few tips I would like to share even if there not that good.

1.Patience: I can't say this word enough during pvp with people of storm, don't try to rush and find a shield fast. Simply take your time and let the flow of the duel come to you, when I find my zone I become very silent and able to concentrate.

2.Learn to Predict: I don't mean to boast but this is one of my best area, if I'm able to see a move coming i will likely shield before he or she attack to see if I'm right. If i am my opponent would have wasted a lot of pips during an attack, yet sometimes I'm not always right and will often be in trouble for a second or two.

And lastly the final tip

3.Be yourself: Don't try to act like a warlord and know what's your doing just be you, as i got higher in the levels I'm started to use what I've learned to good use. If you don't do well on one strategy make up another one and wait for the moment to come, trust me it will happen.

I hope these tips are able to help you if your fighting the storm school, I may not be able to help some but I wish you all the best of luck in your duels.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Icedancer123454 on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
Now I do realize that setting up for a certain school will get you ridiculed, however in my opinion its probably one of the best strategies you can do if your fighting your own school. Believe me I've been called shield noob, set noob, heal noob...well all the noob things you can throw at me I've been called that. Mainly I like to face storm wizards that are a few level's higher me, I do indeed set my deck up greatly not forgetting anything. I even use a few tc unstoppable cards just in case i need some piece, trust me those cards are a lifesaver for me. I will give you one little example of my deck set up and my pet.

. -80% Storm shields: this is one of my favorite tactics to use if the person decides to use a prism on of of my shields, if he does fizzle i will double shield making his day difficult.

. Pet pressure: Now may cast storm blade might not be so fierce to some but it puts pressure on my opponent, if it happens when I use storm lord i can cast another blade to prepare to strike again.

These are just two examples I gave is how I was able to beat a level 75 storm at level 62(although this was in practice so don't judge me), however there are a few tips I would like to share even if there not that good.

1.Patience: I can't say this word enough during pvp with people of storm, don't try to rush and find a shield fast. Simply take your time and let the flow of the duel come to you, when I find my zone I become very silent and able to concentrate.

2.Learn to Predict: I don't mean to boast but this is one of my best area, if I'm able to see a move coming i will likely shield before he or she attack to see if I'm right. If i am my opponent would have wasted a lot of pips during an attack, yet sometimes I'm not always right and will often be in trouble for a second or two.

And lastly the final tip

3.Be yourself: Don't try to act like a warlord and know what's your doing just be you, as i got higher in the levels I'm started to use what I've learned to good use. If you don't do well on one strategy make up another one and wait for the moment to come, trust me it will happen.

I hope these tips are able to help you if your fighting the storm school, I may not be able to help some but I wish you all the best of luck in your duels.
One comment: your starting paragraph said it for me xD(only saying this cause i know what i say won't change the way you pvp, i personally think its unsporting to do this, cause sets like getting 133 balance resist just for a 1v1 against one school is just not fun, but you do you. Just remember people have good reason for calling you that, after all you are spoiling the fun of a fair even match.)