Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ghulture's Hoard Pack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
What do you think of the new ghulture packs? Are they any good?How do they compare to the other horde packs?How are the stats on the gears? if you like the ghulture packs let us know and why. if you dont let us know by the comment below.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's nice that there are different furniture items in the pack that you can't get elsewhere. There is still the problem of very common items that you can get anywhere that still appear in packs. The mounts are very rare to get, but they are related to each of the schools (and boost damage). Again, Balance gets messed with since all schools get +3% and Balance (getting a universal damage) gets only 2%.

The gear, when put all together isn't as bad as many packs I've seen. If someone were to use the outfit (maybe minus the wand) it would be passable in Mirage (for example). The robe is nice, except there isn't any damage. The boots are worth it, and my L120 Ice switched to those.

I'm assuming there are 2 Wurm pets in the pack? So far, I've only seen the Balance one.

Overall, one of the better packs, but still seriously lacking in gear and stats

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
It's nice that there are different furniture items in the pack that you can't get elsewhere. There is still the problem of very common items that you can get anywhere that still appear in packs. The mounts are very rare to get, but they are related to each of the schools (and boost damage). Again, Balance gets messed with since all schools get +3% and Balance (getting a universal damage) gets only 2%.

The gear, when put all together isn't as bad as many packs I've seen. If someone were to use the outfit (maybe minus the wand) it would be passable in Mirage (for example). The robe is nice, except there isn't any damage. The boots are worth it, and my L120 Ice switched to those.

I'm assuming there are 2 Wurm pets in the pack? So far, I've only seen the Balance one.

Overall, one of the better packs, but still seriously lacking in gear and stats
Such a nice description.

Surprised that balance's vulture mount only gets a +2% damage boost though.

Why not 3% like the others?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Bought a LOT of packs.

Got ONE vulture mount and it was permanent. Rareness level: Epic.

The rest is mostly cards of some type (gardening or snacks) and a lot of furniture. A lot of NPCs that can stand on your land. Some light fixtures.
I like the furniture.

There are also cool pets like a sand worm.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
There are two types of worms. I have one of each. I don't recall the other one's school offhand. I think the worms are also one beige and one dark.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Star Edward on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Such a nice description.

Surprised that balance's vulture mount only gets a +2% damage boost though.

Why not 3% like the others?

The Balance mount is universal, so it can be used by any school. Once again, Balance gets the short end of the stick when it comes to any boosts.

Take Balance blades for example. Each Balance-specific blade is universal and can be used by any school, therefore, the damage output is much lower than school specific ones.

Balance is supposed to be 'balanced'. But, I find Balance is the most non-balanced school in the Spiral.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
OKAY - I made a list :)

Don't even ask how many packs I bought

If it makes anyone feel better - BOTH times that I won a mount I got it on the FIRST try - so it's possible to buy one pack and win something really good (Epic rarity is the most rare.) But then some people like me keep trying after it :)

Some of you will laugh because I don't know what some of these symbols are called or what they mean. Bear with me because you can figure it out and I made this list in hopes of being helpful to everyone.

Sparkler is probably a wand symbol - it looks like a stick with a sparkle on the end.

Sun is the symbol that looks like a sparkly orb or a sun.

Hit is the fist symbol.
Red means - mana? I dunno what red energy is called.

You can probably figure out the rest.

I don't always say the school but the symbol. Leaf instead of Life, Skull instead of Death, etc.

Wands

Golden Purrzian Scimitar - + 33 leaf sparkler, + 7 % leaf hit, + 35 % myth sparkler, + 8 % myth hit, + 1 % sun, Level 50 +, No Auction, Gives 2 cards: myth and life (wand spells) 100 points.

Honed Purrzian Scimitar - + 33 ice sparkler, + 7 % ice hit, + 45 storm sparkler, + 9 % storm hit, + 1 sun, Level 50 +, No Auction, Gives 3 cards: ice and storm (wand spells) 100 points and ?

Ancient Purrzian Scimitar - + 34 sparkler, + 7 % balance hit, + 7 % skull hit, + 10 % fire hit, + 1 sun, Level 50 +, No Auction, 3 cards: fire and death (wand spells) 100 points and ?

Hats

Ancient Purrzian War Mantle - + 152 red, + 1 % broken shield, + 9 % leaf hit, + 10 % myth hit, + 4 % star shield, + 9 % balance hit, Level 50 +, No Auction, one shatter card (3 pips, remove all positive shields from all enemies)

Ancient Purrzian Combat Mask - + 151 red, 1 % broken shield, 10 % skull hit, 13 % fire hit, 4 % star shield, 10 % balance hit, Level 50 +, No Auction, gives one shatter card (see above).

Continued in other posts.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Shoes

Ancient Purrzian Galesh - + 204 red, + 4 % sun chance, + 7 % shield, + 14 % leaf hit, + 15 % myth hit, + 14 % balance hit, Level 50 +, 2 cards: choke (2 pips stun all enemies for one round) and ?

Ancient Purrzian Boots - + 200 red, + 4 % sun chance, + 7 % shield, + 14 % skull hit, + 16 % fire hit, + 14 % balance hit, Level 50 +, No Auction, 2 cards: choke (2 pips stun all enemies for one round) and ?

Armor

Ancient Purrzian Armor - + 309 red, + 9 % sun chance, + 4 % accuracy, + 1 % broken shield, + 8 % shield, Level 50 +, No Auction, 1 virulent plague card ( - 45 % hit from all enemies.)

Ancient Purrzian Plate - + 263 red, + 7 % sun chance, + 5 % accuracy, + 1 % broken shield, + 9 % shield, Level 50 +, No Auction, gives 1 virulent plague card.

Ancient Purrzian Raiment - + 326 red, + 9 % sun chance, + 4 % accuracy, + 1 % broken shield, + 9 % shield, Level 50 +, No Auction, gives 1 virulent plague card.

Mounts

Myth Ghulture (Epic rarity) - Permanent Mount, + 3 % Myth Hit, + 40 % speed, No Auction.

Balance Ghulture (Epic rarity) - + 2 % Hit, + 40 % speed, No Auction.
Both mounts look the same to me but I didn't look super closely.

Pets

Baby Sandman - 52 with 1 Colossus Card (6 pip 600 - 680 ice blizzard hit to all),

Baby Dark Worm Larva - 69 with 1 blizzard card (290 - 330 ice hit to all) and socket at ancient (ultra rare pet) pet is a dark color,

Baby Sand Worm Larva - 56 with 1 sandstorm card (4 pip 295 - 335 balance hit to all) and socket at ancient (ultra rare pet) pet is a beige color,

Baby Leopard 60 with socket at ancient and no card,

Greater Imp 44 with 1 imp card (1 pip 80 - 120 leaf hit) and socket at ancient.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
NPC characters (they stand but move around in place, are housing category)

Binny Jezzerit, Lesser Djinn (genie in a cloud), Qhat Commoner, Chronomancer Consult, Crypt Conscript, Qhat Socialite, Qhat Chef, Bumbai Warrior, House Purrzian Assailant, Qhat Broker, Silent Saber, Baboon Thug, Chronomancer Captain, Bumbai Swordsman.

Furniture

Patterned (floor) Cushion, Yellow (floor) Cushion, Vase with Vines (green), Dusty settee, Dusty Red Couch, Lined Cabinet, Dusty Rug (large green rectangular area rug), Wicker Side Table (small), Hanging Lamps (blue and green one), Red Basket (stands on floor), Star Table (round with star design in top), Mosaic Table, Mosaic Chair, Wicker Chair, Copper Urn (stands on floor), Dromel Sarcophagus (huge stone coffin lies down on floor), Ice Pallet (table with blocks of ice), Crossed Swords (hangs on wall), Swords and Shield (hangs on wall), Oil Painting, Tree Painting, (both paintings are large), Astral Book. (I think there is a wicker table also.)

Outdoors

Wispy Tree (green cypress sort of, in planter), Covered Wagon (like a camp caravan but old fashioned) red and green, Parrot on a Barrel, Dromel Head Column, Sewer Grate, Cactus Pods, Glowing Mushrooms, Dromel Tent.

Hope this helps!!! Enjoy the pack I thought everything was good!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I think mounts should have been an aesthetic piece of equipment the whole time. Don't see the point in having stats on them.

Anyway, I never buy packs, so not really interested.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
In my opinion, robes are meh, hats are meh, boots are good, wands are garbage.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
The Balance mount is universal, so it can be used by any school. Once again, Balance gets the short end of the stick when it comes to any boosts.

Take Balance blades for example. Each Balance-specific blade is universal and can be used by any school, therefore, the damage output is much lower than school specific ones.

Balance is supposed to be 'balanced'. But, I find Balance is the most non-balanced school in the Spiral.
You are so right! Balance really is quite unbalanced. I often find myself wondering just what the creators of the game are thinking when it comes to that school. I like Balance, but it seriously needs upgrades.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Two more: Ice Hoist (Super tall post with a block of ice dangling from a platform at top of it), and Hanging Lantern (rough arm of wood with a globe with candle inside - seems meant for a stone or outdoor wall.) Both in Furniture.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
A correction: The Sandman pet did not have a card to hit all enemies but the Ice Colossus which hits one enemy.

Both mounts I won are permanent. I forgot to say that on both. (The mount looks like a large vulture with a saddle; but it's nice because the width is more narrow which means you can use it on sidewalks.)

The Ghulture pack also possibly contains the usual assortment of cards and gems most packs do.