Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-7-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! Being that it's the first Friday of the year, you know what it's time for, right?

It's a new year, and we're fired up to make 2017 the best ever! As is tradition, our first Feedback Friday of the year is always this: if you could wave your magic wand and add ONE thing to the Spiral, what would it be? We've been dreaming and planning ourselves, but we're interested to see what YOU think.

Happy new year, and have a fantastic first (full) weekend of 2017!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Player-to-player trading... scratch that.

I'd add the ability to deal more than one million damage in a hit.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I think it would be cool if you could make a castle

made of gold and quartz or something.
Cole IceShard

Defender
May 16, 2009
An idea of mine. :^) Sorry, cheap answer. Hmm...

I think I'd like to see a -really- rare Athame with an increased amount socket slots. So instead of 1 square, 2 circle, 1 triangle, it'd be something like 2 square 3 circle, 2 triangle. Etc.

Really hard to pick only one idea when you have a plethora of them in your head.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Hello Wizards! Being that it's the first Friday of the year, you know what it's time for, right?

It's a new year, and we're fired up to make 2017 the best ever! As is tradition, our first Feedback Friday of the year is always this: if you could wave your magic wand and add ONE thing to the Spiral, what would it be? We've been dreaming and planning ourselves, but we're interested to see what YOU think.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I would add a new stone key boss, because getting stone keys are rare and there is not even a lot of bosses that use stone keys; there are a lot of wood or gold. Therefore that is what I would add into the spiral. I really hoper to see this in the future.

Alejandro

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Fantastic gear for players to have and use in Mirage!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Champion
Feb 06, 2010

I would really love to see us add a minion to our castle, or maybe a butler, like Gearwise in Celestia!

The minion could aid us in battle and correspond to our opposite school, and level.

The butler idea could, give a message to anyone that enters your castle, like "Sire is not at home at the moment, but I could pour you a cup of tea!"

P.S.
Professor, I'm afraid you have typed in the wrong date. It should be 1-6-17, and you have it 1-7-16. Friday was the 6th not the 7th, and it is now 2017 -- unless of course we are in The Professors time box!!!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2014
I feel like some sort of Wizard clans or team with a shared bank or gear to gear trading with gold costs on it would be some great things to happen in the spiral.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
This idea is a multi purpose upgrade idea that will greatly improve and fix a lot of aspects of the game that have lost there edge.

my idea is- add the ability to upgrade armor or level up armor. (ad kc to new creatures or pre-existing that are super tough and hard to beat something that requires a team kill preferably) . make the levels for upgrading the armor long to give players meaning for playing the game long passed beating it. this simple idea will not take much work to put to use but can offer a big alternative to in game fixes for the unbalancing or balancing of schools. this idea will turn such a huge profit for the creators of the game greatly! as well as adding some monumentous game play action that is much needed!
The diversity this type of game play will add to the game its self will generate a type of transition the game has never seen before. this is why I strongly feel armor upgrades or armor levels should be added to the game. (this idea is also for the people like me that love crafting)

if anyone agrees, just repost this and type agree!

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Happy New Year, Professor Falmea!

The ONE thing I've wanted for awhile now is a differentiation between pet and item cards. Right now they're completely identical. This causes a problem when battling because pet and item cards stack - and that can lead to confusion between teammates. Perhaps add a small icon (like on treasure cards) so players will be able to identify which is which? Maybe a piggle icon on the pet cards? Pretty please! ;)

I hope everyone at KingsIsle has a fantastic 2017.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I would make the ability to have ultra pets be bigger! I have no ultra pets as of yet, but our pets never seem to age. I think it would be awesome that pets who reach ultra or whatever new tier will come to be the size of whatever they would be, or even possibly a mount! A quetzal would be the size of the quetzal messenger or the storm quetzal in Azteca. The pantera pets would be the size of the panteras in Avalon. The coldfire dragons would be the size of Erikur (Erikur would probably be too big, so probably a juvenile wyrm with Erikur's animation)! Foo Dogs and pets who don't have a mob on the other hand would be enlarged. It would probably be the size of a lion or similar to what size the leopard pet would be since they are Chinese (or Imperial) guardian lions, also called Shi. It would probably be to much work and they would probably go out of the battle circle, but I would love to see this at some super high pet tier, almost like an evolution.

Hannah -120

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well:

More efficient Player Feedback
Return of Crafting Gear for players to have a fighting chance in Mirage rather than forced to farm a difficult dungeon.

Regards,

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Fast Graphics/Spell Animations Option? OR WYSTERIA EXPANSION PLEASE? Just some ideas for now. Thanks!

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
A while back, I remember someone proposing the idea to add a boss to one's own castle that will protect it from intruders (enemies, other wizards, etc.). The player would set the base appearance, school, and overall difficulty of the boss within reason. There are so many other things that I'd love to see in the game, but I thought that I'd just share this one.

Survivor
May 15, 2016
I would create a world named 'Scitofica' and it would be a futuristic world. You can quest in it if you finish Polaris (or anything after Polaris) That's what I would do

Enjoy Wizard 101 as much as you can!

~ Kestrel Water Shard

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
train for shadow blades and trap, Damage over spell time for balance. a star spell that give 30% critical and 10% damage for three rounds.balance school only spell that coverts all blades into balance. dispel shadow spell,

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
a world basic on native american myth or the wild west

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013

I have an Idea maybe we have something like darkmoor hard dungeon and drops good gear well maybe it can be like side world. we talk to ambrose he says wizard something has come up. we talk and talk then after we have to fight a very hard boss to go to the world. Then when we get there we talk to someone then in front is a sigil we team up then go in and when we complete that dungeon there is another one but wait at the end of the first dungeon we get a pet and this pet will be school specific. like lets say a fire gets a fire pet and this pet will be trained to acient and not just a regular pet that is trash and has talents not wanted it has good talents like fire giver fire dealer spell proof defy and maybe something else. Then we go on to the next dungeon fight series of mobs and then at the end we get a peace of the top tear gear. Then when we come out we get our new spells. But these spells will be unique these spells will not be shadow nut instead it will be something different every fifth turns this spell wll increase in damage like 10% to 20% and this spell will cost 8 pips. " oh 8 pips that's horrible make it harders" well here is the catch. This spell will cost a type of power pip idk what kind am thinking while righting this someone post back help me. After that weird thing we go to another dungeon and this dungeon is very hard we fight the cabal. The cabal will instead of dropping gear will drop spells not any kind of spell a cheat spell when you get these cheat spells they will be like a bubble you use this bubble an the person that cast it gets a boss cheat like lets say the cabal boss has no blades you will get that effect the person can not cast any blades unless cast another bubble. So then we go to the final area and fight a dark version of ambrose made from darkness its self and this ambrose drops not only gear but school specific spells fire gets fire spell and so on. this dungeon is help me someone think of a name

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Dragonrider12403 on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
I would make the ability to have ultra pets be bigger! I have no ultra pets as of yet, but our pets never seem to age. I think it would be awesome that pets who reach ultra or whatever new tier will come to be the size of whatever they would be, or even possibly a mount! A quetzal would be the size of the quetzal messenger or the storm quetzal in Azteca. The pantera pets would be the size of the panteras in Avalon. The coldfire dragons would be the size of Erikur (Erikur would probably be too big, so probably a juvenile wyrm with Erikur's animation)! Foo Dogs and pets who don't have a mob on the other hand would be enlarged. It would probably be the size of a lion or similar to what size the leopard pet would be since they are Chinese (or Imperial) guardian lions, also called Shi. It would probably be to much work and they would probably go out of the battle circle, but I would love to see this at some super high pet tier, almost like an evolution.

Hannah -120
That would look a bit unnerving with an enchanted armament.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
sKochiya on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
That would look a bit unnerving with an enchanted armament.
what they did in one test was to make all minotaur type pets the size of mob minotaurs. they pretty much looked like companions rather than pets. it was funny training them in the pet cannon as their feet would stick way out of the cannon . but a permanent companion or somewhat permanent companion would be good. or even allow us to equip a second pet. maybe at level 100 or so allow it.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Empyrea, of course. A world full of sky squid and fiery skies, sounds like a perfect place to encounter a Bat trying to end the Spiral in yet another creative way.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Woot! Well I've always wanted to share ideas I had for wiz for ages now but never really have.

First on my list:
Reagent leveling. OK, so with this, when you collect reagents, you get "Collection" experience. The higher your collection level the more reagents you get from collecting. Group Reagents by just like they are in the reagents tab. The higher the rarity the more EXP you get when you collect them. This gives people more incentive to hunt reagents other than just to craft. Add a few reagent NPCs that can trade you. You sell Reagents and get Collection Tokens. With those tokens you can buy rare NEW mounts, pets, Jewels or even super duper ultra rare reagents. and a new gear set "Collecters Outfit" (no stat just for looks) Higher your collection EXP the more items you can buy from Collection NPC. At max level i can see something like a reagent spawn item for you castle. Spawns a reagent every hour or something. (there could be different reagent spawn items) Limit the reagent spawns as 1 per castle so someone doesnt have 12 amber spawns in their house

Secondly,
As KKROWE72509, I've been thinking about gear "upgrading." But how i see it working is different. Its a trade off. You can chose only 2 stats to raise gear. Rasing them alone allows only 15% increase. you level the gear by defeating monsters. You can add a new tab to level items. The second way is that you level 2 but reduce 2 at the same time. The stat can be raised to a max 25% but the other is reduced by 33%. IE. Ice has a robe. 1000 Health and 12% damage. When "upgraded" and chosen to raise the damage and reduce health you get a robe with 750 Health and 15% damage. This, in my eyes, can create a difference in playstyles for players cuz atm everything is kinda the same.

Thirdly:
A NPC in Pet Pavillion that is able to show you your pet talents. Costs 250,000 Gold for members or 1000 crowns idk, or it could just be free, either works, I think. ...

Continued in next post

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Ok so idk which message will come in first

This is a continuation,

The Pet pavillion NPC could also grant you 1 pet talent of your choice for 400 crowns or 25000 Gold for members. Say you get your pet to Teen and it gets a talent you really want, but you know it has some fail talents in its pool. You go to the NPC and you buy the Potion to guarantee whatever talent you want. But if your pet does not have that talent it wont work. You buy the elixir, go train the pet and BAM it gets the talent when it levels. But it will only work once on said pet. This would help with pets failing at mega getting Damage when you were aiming for a Ward pet.
This kinda goes hand in hand with my previous Post with having the ability to see you pet talents. You see the talents then you buy the potion to get the talent. Or you could just map it out, that's fun too

Fourth on my list,
Neutral crafted gear with jewel sockets for 120+. Why? So people in essence create their own gears and stuff. Give the gear Basic average stats so no class would be better off with it even when it's not enchanted. Have an NPC that sells the jewels that you could socket. Damage Jewels, Block Jewels, Critical Jewels, All that and some dual Jewels that give 2 or 3 different stats but each stat will be balanced out.There could also be a limit to how many copies of a jewel can be placed on a gear cuz you dont want storm to walk around with 12386192% damage boost. I was also thinking that to get the recipes you gotta defeat a super duper hard boss cuz why get something so great just by doing a few quests? or make the boss easy but the recipe drop-able so you gotta farm, either works, or with rare reagents..

*Searches the depths of my brain for more*
Yes, Fifth,
The only difference i see in schools is only showed in gears, and their spell cards and health. Why not give every class a passive boost on some stats? Raise Ice resist, give life innate heal boost, simple stuff like that...