Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Priority Spells & Favorite Spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
2-in-1 ideas post!

My first idea is priority spells. What I mean by that, is if you have a spell that you always want to use at the beginning of battles, like an aura around the battlefield or an essential blade you need, but it just isn't coming up into your hand, you can set a priority spell, by maybe right clicking it in your deck. When you do that, the spell will have a higher chance of showing up in your deck. I say higher chance, and not 'guarantee' because I think that would give the wizard an unfair advantage.

My next idea is favourite spells. Here's what I mean. Much like priority spells, you can set what spells are your favourite in your deck, and they won't show up more frequently, but instead (and I think this next part is a part we can relate to) it shows up in your hand during combat, and it will ask you to verify before you discard it. That's it, nothing too special. But I think about all those poor souls who discard an attack that they needed, and then get defeated because of it.

I understand if you lost me there, but I hope you think about this.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Cody Lighthunter on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
2-in-1 ideas post!

My first idea is priority spells. What I mean by that, is if you have a spell that you always want to use at the beginning of battles, like an aura around the battlefield or an essential blade you need, but it just isn't coming up into your hand, you can set a priority spell, by maybe right clicking it in your deck. When you do that, the spell will have a higher chance of showing up in your deck. I say higher chance, and not 'guarantee' because I think that would give the wizard an unfair advantage.

My next idea is favourite spells. Here's what I mean. Much like priority spells, you can set what spells are your favourite in your deck, and they won't show up more frequently, but instead (and I think this next part is a part we can relate to) it shows up in your hand during combat, and it will ask you to verify before you discard it. That's it, nothing too special. But I think about all those poor souls who discard an attack that they needed, and then get defeated because of it.

I understand if you lost me there, but I hope you think about this.
Ok I think that's a great idea!

I have died due to discarding an essential card.

I hope they add this feature!

Cole IceShard lvl 71

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
We'd have to negate this from PvP as it would easily be exploited, but you've to admit, we've all had those times when that one spell we need wouldn't come up, this seems like a workable solution.

Not a terrible idea.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2015
I totally agree! A few days ago I was teamed up with someone and they kept telling me to hit but none of my attacking spells were coming up so that person got mad and told me well then you need a smaller deck. i'm like well we can't control in what order our spells will come up.