Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two quick questions - Double Pet XP &.....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
First, just curious when the next Double Pet XP week/weekend is.

Secondly, I am a member - have been for many years now - and I was just wondering why sometimes when I hatch, it only takes five minutes, and at others it takes 24 hours? I have tested this on the first hatch in a 24 hour time period, and I have tested after using a Purreau's Potion. So far, it seems to be random. Maybe I'm missing something? I mean, pet hatching potions aren't expensive - only 150 crowns, approximately 25 - 50 cents in real money - but I don't understand the lack of consistency here. Can someone explain?

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I think it is entirely dependent on the hatched pet. Each pet has a pre-defined hatch time, I think. It may depend upon the egg name, but I think it probably depends on the pet type. Hybrid pets may have a longer time.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Do you mean the hatching timer, or the pet egg hatching? The timer, for members, should be 12 hours consistently. The egg hatching time depends on the pet. Crowns pets and some others take 5 minutes to hatch, whereas other pets can take much longer.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Hey Tiger :) So basically, each pet that you hatch with has different variation to it's hatching time and ability. My Sea Dragon takes 24 hours to hatch, while others take 5 minutes. Hope that helps :) And I wish I can tell you when the next double pet XP is. Probably in the near future. Bye! :)