Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Queen Crape Myrtle - what's the point?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Okay, so it's rather novel looking, cutesy, it drops one or two rank 6 or higher snacks at elder (if you're an avid gardener like myself....<yawn>), and a chance of dropping amber. I could work with that, might even think about planting a small crop just for the amber, but . . . it gets rank 6 pests!!! If you have any other (important) gardening to attend to, you would literally have to choose between letting your (not inexpensive) Couch Potatoes/Evil Magma Peas wilt, or using a significant chunk of your pet/plant energy simply getting rid of the pests. So, my point is, I suppose, that while I wouldn't mind getting them to elder and Second Spring-ing them as decorations or something, they are plainly far more trouble than they're worth. So my question is, again, what's the point?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Tigerlord23 on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Okay, so it's rather novel looking, cutesy, it drops one or two rank 6 or higher snacks at elder (if you're an avid gardener like myself....<yawn>), and a chance of dropping amber. I could work with that, might even think about planting a small crop just for the amber, but . . . it gets rank 6 pests!!! If you have any other (important) gardening to attend to, you would literally have to choose between letting your (not inexpensive) Couch Potatoes/Evil Magma Peas wilt, or using a significant chunk of your pet/plant energy simply getting rid of the pests. So, my point is, I suppose, that while I wouldn't mind getting them to elder and Second Spring-ing them as decorations or something, they are plainly far more trouble than they're worth. So my question is, again, what's the point?
I usually feed Queen Crape Myrtle to my pets. I don't really wish to waste the time on them since I get better snacks from other plants and Amber from King Parsley or other seeds that are less energy consuming.

Here is a link that shows a list of plants that Amber can be harvested from.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Amber#axzz4UjfkouQ4