Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and block rating decaying

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I recently saw the video Blaze LifeHammer made on his Youtube channel about the critical and block ratings decaying. He has solid proof too. In his video he speaks about how his critical rating has become lower the higher he levels. This makes you question if you should level up. If your stats are going to go down the higher you level, what is the point of leveling at all? I have noticed this too in my gameplay. KI needs to fix the critical and block rating systems because like I said, if your stats are going to get worse, what is the point of leveling?
Are any of you facing this problem? Or is it only a few? Have you noticed any other stats going down apart from critical and block? I suggest you watch his video to get what I mean.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 118 wizard

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Mirajane7887 on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
I recently saw the video Blaze LifeHammer made on his Youtube channel about the critical and block ratings decaying. He has solid proof too. In his video he speaks about how his critical rating has become lower the higher he levels. This makes you question if you should level up. If your stats are going to go down the higher you level, what is the point of leveling at all? I have noticed this too in my gameplay. KI needs to fix the critical and block rating systems because like I said, if your stats are going to get worse, what is the point of leveling?
Are any of you facing this problem? Or is it only a few? Have you noticed any other stats going down apart from critical and block? I suggest you watch his video to get what I mean.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 118 wizard
This is certainly a problem for me. I've stopped adventuring in Mirage because of it.

Ideally, wizards replace our gear as we level up. Shiny new gear with critical and block ratings increases would yield only a small benefit once level is factored in. The problem is that the level 120 gear does not increase these ratings. Wizards gain health, but break even in most other ways. With stat decay considered, a level 120 wizard appears to be about on par with their level 110 younger self.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009