Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingisles this is just bad

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2011
You force me to solo a boss with a minion for a spell that im just trying to learn, which makes me very upset about.
I wish for the minions to be removed because now I can't even get a new spell thanks to those minions attacking.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
MoonQuarts on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
You force me to solo a boss with a minion for a spell that im just trying to learn, which makes me very upset about.
I wish for the minions to be removed because now I can't even get a new spell thanks to those minions attacking.
One would have thought that by now, you'd be accustomed to fighting bosses with one or two minions.

You can't possibly expect each spell to be just easily issued out to your professor like that, even in school, you're sometimes forced to look up info for your own when teachers/lecturers a like send you out on reading assignments.

Some things, you just have to earn my friend and this is just one of it.

The game is trying to teach you something here, instead of complaining, just opt for the challenging and complete it.

Defeat the minion first, shield appropriately and then focus your attention on the boss.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If you tell us which boss, players here may have some suggestions. Don't give up, you can do it!

Try taking out the minion first, then healing and buffing up for the boss.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I haven't fought a boss without minions in around 40-50 levels so I am wondering, why it is so offensive? Wait until you have to fight four bosses at the same time.

Take out the minion first is the general rule I follow.

Load defensive spells for the boss and the minion and whatever your preferred healing method and heal/shield as much as possible after killing the minion. If you are really getting mangled, consider looking in the bazaar for better gear and treasure cards.

use your own minion or get a minion treasure card from bazaar if you don't have any.

Some useful treasure cards you should look for are the enchants (until you can learn sun magic) like tough or giant, star magic like fortify and amplify, healing spells assuming you dont know them and various shields depending on what you are fighting. Feint is awesome for doing massive damage. I also like plague and virulent plague as they work as well as a shield for defensive purposes.

Train up a pet with healing or defensive abilities as well. My pet has saved my life more times than I can count.

Also if you REALLY get in a bind you can hire a henchman for somewhere around 50 crowns and you can get that just by doing daily tasks from that guy in Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Dear, almost every single spell quest for all schools of magic throughout the entire game will more than likely require you to battle a boss on your own. A good strategy and deck set up is always gonna be required for these boss battles. Don't give up and keep trying different methods until you succeed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
MoonQuarts on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Every player has to solo for their spells. this is not something KI is likely to change anytime soon and there are always minions.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Plenty of us have done this plenty of times without complaint. The spell bosses have minions because they are challenges for new spells, please keep that in mind.