Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question on how balance damage is used

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
Hi everyone!

I need help clarifying this, would be nice to get answers from experienced balance players, so I made my 3rd char and he's lvl 118 right now but I still don't get how balance+other school damage spell works. Some balance players I asked says that balance + other school damage spells such as Hydra, gaze of fate etc. Only get damage % from balance damage while others say that it's boosted from both balance + the selected school damage %. Please help clarify anyone :/ because I have 114 balance damage and 25 universal but my gaze does both same damage... I'm confused

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Off-school damage from balance spells use balance damage from gear but charms, wards, auras, and globals pertaining to the respective school.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
Bump, can anyone please help me lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
skochiya is correct.

spectral blast, chimera, nested fury, etc. are balance spells, therefore only your balance damage stat applies to them... however, if you have elemental or spirit blades/traps up, the spell you cast will trigger those as well.

-von