Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet History

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Has anyone ever wanted to look back at the genealogical history of a pet?
I keep records, but haven't kept spotless records, and I assume there is no way to look that up?
Like wanting to know the two specific pets used to hatch an offspring.
Always been curious about it, and probably only severely dedicated hatchers would even get this question.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
That would be an interesting feature, like a family tree for your pet with all the names of its ancestors. I've done a lot of hatching too so I would like to see that.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Spreadsheets are great for that. I'm co-founder of a pet hatching/helping group, and many of our members track projects that way. It's essential to have good records if you want to know all the talents in your pets' pools, even the hidden ones. We used family trees to develop the first "perfect 10" aka "clean pool" pets -- that is pets will all universal, popular talents.

An easy way to get started is to screen shot every hatch you do while you are in the hatcher, then the baby, and keep those in a folder. Update as you train the new pet. Use the classic view so all the talent shots show. If you use the talent order project on Wizard101Central, you can often guess the unknown talents, so in time you'll know all your pets "genes".