Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advice for striving Warlord(Everyone is welcomed)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
The pvp community is very secretive. So if you want to be a warlord then listen up, never mind all those tc advice and etc. What you need to be is smart, it can either be street or book smart, both have their pros and cons. Street smart is more adabatable and flexible but isn't good to things like math or etc. While Booksmart is dictionary thinking, you basically go through your head like a index using everything you know or studied to solve a problem. You just need to find what makes you, strong.

So my personally tip for you is don't be obvious, do moves the enemy wouldn't think of. Like when i see a private i think, alright i already know what this guy is going to do because he is new. So in such a case you have to be sure, that doesn't be you, do something they wouldn't expect, leave a minus or shield when they think you would attack because you have pips or because there is a opening. Be smart and you will have warlord in no time, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, or if you want to add me ingame so i can help you with some pvp then that works too.

By the way, i would be warlord again with my main characters but lately there has been too many try hards in pvp, jade users and juju spammers who would rather waste my time then actually fight back. Oh yea, when you see a jade with a high rank or a juju(results may vary). If its the jade with the high rank then just flee cause you will get a 1 hour or more longer pvp match, which isn't worth it since matches can be 10 minutes for the same amount of points.

Oh yea, get a pet that works for you not the other way around. Get a pet that compliments your style of combat, don't go based off of majority, cause just cause it works for them doesn't mean the same for you. Personally my favorite pet that i have gives 15 def, 6 damage, and may cast pixie and mc unicorn. The pet is universal which works best for all my chars.

Fire 1st and 2nd Age Warlord
Ice 1st Captain and 2nd Age Warlord
Storm 2nd Age Warlor

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
DarkAce88 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
The pvp community is very secretive. So if you want to be a warlord then listen up, never mind all those tc advice and etc. What you need to be is smart, it can either be street or book smart, both have their pros and cons. Street smart is more adabatable and flexible but isn't good to things like math or etc. While Booksmart is dictionary thinking, you basically go through your head like a index using everything you know or studied to solve a problem. You just need to find what makes you, strong.

So my personally tip for you is don't be obvious, do moves the enemy wouldn't think of. Like when i see a private i think, alright i already know what this guy is going to do because he is new. So in such a case you have to be sure, that doesn't be you, do something they wouldn't expect, leave a minus or shield when they think you would attack because you have pips or because there is a opening. Be smart and you will have warlord in no time, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, or if you want to add me ingame so i can help you with some pvp then that works too.

By the way, i would be warlord again with my main characters but lately there has been too many try hards in pvp, jade users and juju spammers who would rather waste my time then actually fight back. Oh yea, when you see a jade with a high rank or a juju(results may vary). If its the jade with the high rank then just flee cause you will get a 1 hour or more longer pvp match, which isn't worth it since matches can be 10 minutes for the same amount of points.

Oh yea, get a pet that works for you not the other way around. Get a pet that compliments your style of combat, don't go based off of majority, cause just cause it works for them doesn't mean the same for you. Personally my favorite pet that i have gives 15 def, 6 damage, and may cast pixie and mc unicorn. The pet is universal which works best for all my chars.

Storm 2nd Age Warlor
I think this advice is very good and I definitely agree with you on the jade thing. They have yet to fix that problem in pvp.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
thanks for the advice DarkAce, I might just used this next time around. And just to let you know this is my first post here, anyway thanks again!

Nicole Icestone Level 66 Pyromancer
Elizabeth Icestone Level 67 Diviner

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
DarkAce88 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:

Storm 2nd Age Warlor
You're right about a couple things here:

The PvP Community is secretive, especially when it comes on to helping assisting others. Hence, it's always nice to see a fellow competitive PvP'er share his/her experiences and thoughts with this, should I say "Dying Sport."

I especially liked your last point about pets. It's on point to the T! Lots of persons nowadays are getting hyped about damage pets, following the crowd as you said and take it into the arena as well. While this worked for some, it doesn't for all and players need to understand this. Find what works for you, not what works for everyone else.

Jade Users. Sigh.
Juju Spammers, again, Sigh.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Icedancer123454 on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
thanks for the advice DarkAce, I might just used this next time around. And just to let you know this is my first post here, anyway thanks again!

Welcome To The Message Boards! :D

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Icedancer123454 on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:

No problem, i'm happy to help others or people in need. :)

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
1329 rated Warlord here.

I would just like to add that if you're going to PVP competitively, be aware that many people have spent and invested a LOT of time and energy (and sometimes money) grinding through max level dungeons repetitively for the absolute 'best' gear; finding / crafting the correct jewels; gardening; hatching pets over and over again, etc. It's not for the faint of heart, if you truly want be 'the best'.

I should also add that PVP in the later worlds (Level 95+) is vastly different from Low / Mid-level PVP. So choose the level you want to play at and prepare accordingly.

However if this doesn't deter you or if you don't care about all that, Duelist101 is a good site to look at, as they have PVP guides for every school and level. You might find a strategy that suits you.

Adrian
Level 114 , 87 , 47

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I in 2008 and even now after all the fixes was never good at pvp. I once got to veteren. That about it! high or low i don't know nowadays with people doing 1000 health damage get rid of the enchantments. Killed before I can do anything. Or disallow treasure cards in pvp.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I wouldn't say we are 'secretive' - I am happy to give pvp advice when asked (3 overlord chars atm); I don't always share my exact deck set so as not to give away my strategy that I worked hard on for each char though.

I give same advice as you do, find your own style and come up with some surprises

Same with pets - use what works with your strat.

nice post.