Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going to have to rethiink my membership.

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SparkleTude on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Interesting discussions going on here. I'm enjoying reading it.

DragonLady1818 - you're right I overspoke on that one a bit. Thank you for being tactful about it.

Life wizards can hit hard - especially when the enemy is death school. It's just that often when on the daily task, the Life wizard takes longer than my other schools, to kill even a minor enemy. It doesn't seem to pack the same wallop. Also it doesn't seem to have as many attack cards come up since so many cards deal with heals.

But when it does get an attack card it's not a bad amount of punch. And you're right I don't have Forest Lord yet and I had forgotten about that one. That's a cool spell though.

High Five Ghost I admire your integrity.

If I can make one suggestion - there is a message board in which people post offering to help others. They do not expect or require friendship or socializing as part of it (apart from the quest.) They invite people to post and ask for help with specific quests or bosses.

There is also "team up" if it's a boss fight or a dungeon. People accept those knowing it won't be more than a one off partnership 99 percent of the time (no one really expects more, although some offer to continue to help.)

So there are ways you can ask for help or accept help and keep integrity - because some (like me I guess) love to help others but don't really get into the social or friends aspect of it either. So there are helpers who basically feel the same as you do about all of it. They just want to play or help. They don't want to find buddies.

I feel it is OK to be that way and the world is made up of many types of personalities and people. But I just wanted to say that the opposite exists in that needing help or giving help doesn't have to mean finding buddies.

See even this post is me, trying to help. Lol
You are quite welcome SparkelTude.

I use Forest Lord a lot and am rarely disappointed. I rarely use traps now unless a boss is in the mix, but I buff the spell and my wizard as much as I can. Usually enough to take out a mob fairly quickly. For hitting bosses, I use either Gnomes or King Artorius. King Artorius has a nice after effect for you if you need some healing so that will probably be your next favorite life spell with bosses.

On Topic:

Let's just hope KI puts some beneficial changes into Mirage to make it more playable for all of us as well as bring back the fun. I don't want to run something that makes me feel like I have to grind like a job does. That isn't fun and that is where many will draw the line.

PLEASE KI, put the fun back in the game.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
I think people should stick around for Mirage, I'm going through it now it's not that bad. Why? because I've gone through the team up thing a few times and it's work wonderfully for me. I will say Mirage is hard to solo alone, it really is and you need to have at least another person with you but don't knock it off. Just do a lot of team up's, that's how I got far

Christina Rose

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
bleachgurl19 on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
I think people should stick around for Mirage, I'm going through it now it's not that bad. Why? because I've gone through the team up thing a few times and it's work wonderfully for me. I will say Mirage is hard to solo alone, it really is and you need to have at least another person with you but don't knock it off. Just do a lot of team up's, that's how I got far

Christina Rose
What works for some, doesn't work for all. I and many others have done some team ups and frankly, I won't again.

I have started Dual Boxing and unless some of my friends happen to be on at the same time, then I will do the best I can, or wait and make arrangements with friends.

Unless the adjustments to Mirage are made according to a recent KI Live, then I still won't be going there.