Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2016 Cold Cod - where are you?!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Is anyone else having EXTREME difficulty catching sight of one of these this year?

I have spent literally hundreds and hundreds of energy points over successive days and successive wizards, summoning fish in the Oasis, Jade Palace and Northguard trying to spy an ice fish, all to no avail.

I'm beginning to wonder if KingsIsle forgot to put them in. I can't remember if they're an epic fish (though I have to assume they are), but I've never, ever had to put this much effort into an epic fish before.

Anyone shine a light here? Thanks.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
I can!

The Cold Cod is a "seasonal" fish, not a holiday fish. It swims into the waters when the Fall Foliage fish swims away.

(This was changed over the summer when it was discovered to be classified incorrectly as a holiday fish.)

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Samuel Sunheart on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
Is anyone else having EXTREME difficulty catching sight of one of these this year?

I have spent literally hundreds and hundreds of energy points over successive days and successive wizards, summoning fish in the Oasis, Jade Palace and Northguard trying to spy an ice fish, all to no avail.

I'm beginning to wonder if KingsIsle forgot to put them in. I can't remember if they're an epic fish (though I have to assume they are), but I've never, ever had to put this much effort into an epic fish before.

Anyone shine a light here? Thanks.
After spending much energy like you I finally caught 3 Cold Cod in a row in Northguard on the 23rd.

I used a winnow ice fish spell and all that was left was 3 fish, all Cold Cod.

Good luck!