Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being able to be a shadow wizard.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
I have an idea about what could be added to the game. The shadow school! In the Arcanum there is a door with the shadow symbol on it. Why waste room for nothing when you can make it something. I think the shadow school will help more players to be interested in the game. The shadow school will be like balance. The balance school doesn't get converts, and neither the shadow school. Shadow jewels that give things like shadow critical and shadow pierce won't go to waste. Also the shadow blades and shadow traps that the darkmoor gear give would have a bigger use. The only time I use shadow blades and shadow traps is when I use dark nova. Adding the feature to be a shadow wizard could even bring some old players back.

What do you guys and girls think on adding the shadow school?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
That sounds interesting, but how would they pull that off?

Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
benny2u082 on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
That sounds interesting, but how would they pull that off?
That is one thing that I was worried about. Having to make a new storyline for shadow wizards and create new spells could be time consuming. Other things like making new pets and gear for shadow wizards could take a very long time. I guess being a shadow wizard might not be a good idea.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2015
lizzermaybay on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
I have an idea about what could be added to the game. The shadow school! In the Arcanum there is a door with the shadow symbol on it. Why waste room for nothing when you can make it something. I think the shadow school will help more players to be interested in the game. The shadow school will be like balance. The balance school doesn't get converts, and neither the shadow school. Shadow jewels that give things like shadow critical and shadow pierce won't go to waste. Also the shadow blades and shadow traps that the darkmoor gear give would have a bigger use. The only time I use shadow blades and shadow traps is when I use dark nova. Adding the feature to be a shadow wizard could even bring some old players back.

I agree! I also think you should be able to choose your first school at lvl 0 ex. balance. Choose either Star, Sun, Moon, or Shadow school at like lvl 20. And then be able to choose from a variety of different schools every 20 levels.

~Victoria DarkGem
~Mackenzie ??

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Cool idea. If KI does pull that off, players would want 8 character slots. lol

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
In theory, this sounds like a really good idea. (Though I haven't tested any Shadow Magic myself.) But there's also
some questions. Many of these are my own:
- An entire school? Most of the Shadow Magic so far appears to be stat enhancements, enchantments and buffs, as are most of the other Astral Spells. (With elemental Spells mixed in, along with Minions.)

- While the term "shadow" has its place in lore as the counter to the light, we already see that conflict with the Life and Death Schools(i.e., Malistaire and Sylvia Drake).
- Also, this would mean having to raise the deck size limit yet again, so what would that limit be for each other school? What would be the sideboard? And what would the max copies be? Would there be multiple max copies per school for a deck, like, say, a deck that fits all schools, but has a limit of 2 on each spell? I believe that these are all good questions and suggestions. And honestly, I have even more questions, but I think I'm good right now just waiting to see exactly what KI has in store for us next.

Signed, Logan Ashgrove
Grandmaster Pyromancer
Regent's Square, Marleybone

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
As much as new character schools seems fun, it may as well be impossible. It would require a reworking of the story (how we got the magic at the start of the game), the layout of at least WC/WS/Arcanum (quite possibly every single world), new hats, robes, boots, wands, athames, amulets, rings, decks, pets, pet talents, stats, NPCs, houses, seeds, jewels, drops, reagents, snacks, SPELLS, TCs, ICs, quests, crafted gear, Crowns gear, recipe vendors. And if you can add all of that into a game in a year or so then I'll happily have it as the next update. Unfortunately, the entire game would need changing, and it's just too much to do at this point.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
lizzermaybay on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:

Shadow is already a school, I'm sure there will be more spells when they decide to release more content on Velma Von Vankman. Just hold on, I'm sure there is more to come.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
Being a Shadow Wizard would be a little time-consuming, considering that Morganthe and Shadow Magic were released after they wrapped up the first arc with Malistaire. Shadow Wizards would continuously be attacked by their own spells since Backlash is a mechanic in the game.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
I've been all for a new primary school of magic for the longest time. I'd love to see the Shadow School, or any of the Astral schools for that matter, become a new primary school. The way I see it, they could implement them as new school choices after reaching certain parts of the game; e.g. Shadow Primary would be optional after clearing the Morganthe Arc(as it was said that after her defeat, Shadow Magic became accessible to anyone with sufficient knowledge).

This is the way I see it;
  • The Shadow School itself would be located in Arcanum. Your Wizard would have access to the Arcanum at the recommendation of your other wizard, but would only really be able to use the area for the Shadow School Office. Or Alternatively, after enrolling into Ravenwood, the Arcanum would send their Shadow Representative to look into you after they see your affinity with Shadow Magic.
  • The Shadow School would differ from the other schools in some ways. For example, they wouldn't have a power-pip bonus. Instead, their pip bonuses would go towards Shadow Pips. Not only this, but they would have a larger Shadow Pip pool than other schools.
  • Their damage and critical would be similar to Storm(in gear bonuses as well as spell base damage). I think this would be fair since you can't actually enchant Shadow Spells with sun spells.
  • They would have low resistance, if none at all(from standard school gear). Instead they would focus on having a much higher percentage in Piercing. This represents the volatile yet powerful nature of Shadow Magic.
  • In terms of their attacks, they would function a lot like the Shadow Creatures we currently know. Only, instead of purely buffing themselves, the Shadow School-only spells would have different effects; For example, one could put debuffs on enemies as it grows stronger(since the Shadow School would have things like Blades and Traps for it already).

I might continue on in another post, almost out of characters for another point. lol.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I like the idea. But right now Shadow magic is fairly new. Maybe as time goes on the Shadow school will have more spells and KI might let us chose it as a new school when you make a new wizard. As of now, I don't feel it should be a school we can chose. And yes, If this does happen we will need 8 seats. But for now, 7 seats will be good.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 118 wizard