Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Requirements to achieve 100% Critical - changed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
I just noticed last night while playing the game that the requirements to achieve 100% critical have changed. Previous requirement was a critical rating of 750, this has changed to between 760-770.

Anyone know the reason for this or can direct me to the update where this is mentioned. Since achieving the 100% on my Storm I based my game play on this and overnight this has changed. Even the Lustrous Critical jewels don't help and I haven't seen any critical Shiny jewels yet to see if they can make up the difference.

A bit disappointed as I didn't see this in any updates including the Test Realm.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
svo007 on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
I just noticed last night while playing the game that the requirements to achieve 100% critical have changed. Previous requirement was a critical rating of 750, this has changed to between 760-770.

Anyone know the reason for this or can direct me to the update where this is mentioned. Since achieving the 100% on my Storm I based my game play on this and overnight this has changed. Even the Lustrous Critical jewels don't help and I haven't seen any critical Shiny jewels yet to see if they can make up the difference.

A bit disappointed as I didn't see this in any updates including the Test Realm.
I don't think that's the problem.. When you level up, you lose some critical percentage. It's just how the game works. However, it wasn't mentioned in any update log so did you level up between then?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Have you leveled up? I'm not aware of any changes to the system. It's normal for crit % to go down for the same rating as your wizard levels up.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
There's a penalty on critical rates by level.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Thanks for the replies, my error obviously, possibly due to the fact it took a while to get the 100%. I had not considered the impact of character level change with the introduction of Mirage. Thanks for enlightening me, need to work on achieving that 100% again.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Critical is complicated, the displayed values in your character sheet don't really mean anything. This site explains things:
http://www.duelist101.com/news/site-news/wizard101-critical-calculator/