Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Age?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Okay, so I'm not sure if this is true, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Merle is very, VERY old; older than the average human would be. On top of that, Morganthe has had quite the lifespan as well, and she's done a lot in her life (before we effectively ended it ). In Avalon, we see Morganthe at around our age (appearance-wise at least), yet Merle is still an old(ish) man. Merle has also had time to both found Ravenwood AND make it the most renown magic school in the Spiral - that would take awhile Another point, after all we've done for the Spiral, we're still talked to as "young" and described as a "child".

My topic for debate is this: do Wizards age differently than non-magic users
Does using our magic prolong our lifespan What do you guys think Aaaand discuss

Quinn Winter 105
Quinn Ashheart 68
Quinn Skyheart 10
Quinn Frogheart 7

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Luke ShadowHunter on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
In time you will grow young one
Lol...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shadow of the Past on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
Okay, so I'm not sure if this is true, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Merle is very, VERY old; older than the average human would be. On top of that, Morganthe has had quite the lifespan as well, and she's done a lot in her life (before we effectively ended it ). In Avalon, we see Morganthe at around our age (appearance-wise at least), yet Merle is still an old(ish) man. Merle has also had time to both found Ravenwood AND make it the most renown magic school in the Spiral - that would take awhile Another point, after all we've done for the Spiral, we're still talked to as "young" and described as a "child".

Quinn Winter 105
Quinn Ashheart 68
Quinn Skyheart 10
Quinn Frogheart 7
if it's merle/mally/alhazred/etc. saying it, makes sense (because we will always be young, compared to them lol), regardless of whether we age differently or not.

also, prof. greyrose called me "young wizard" once, and it made me happy lol.

-von

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Shadow of the Past on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:

Quinn Winter 105
Quinn Ashheart 68
Quinn Skyheart 10
Quinn Frogheart 7
Yes.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Well the spiral isn't earth the average life could be thousands of years old and I'm assuming our wizards are teens (they are/where in a magical high school aka ravenwood) so if everyone is living to be 1000 and let's say our characters are 20 that's young

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
A lot of the timeline doesn't make much sense. In some cases stories regarding a world or person are told as legend seemingly happening long ago but it doesn't always match up. The destruction of Dragonspyre and Celestia sound like ancient legends but Cyrus and Malestaire both grew up in Dragonspyre and lived there into adulthood. In regards to Celestia, Morganthe was the one attacking that caused the destruction but Morganthe doesn't seem that old. It's similar with Avalon and Khrysalis the storyline makes it seem like the worlds have been in chaos for decades when Morganthe and all the characters in Avalon are still alive. Not trying to knock them but I'm sure if kingsisle has the timeline and the ages of characters fully worked out. The age of our wizard characters seems to be young teenage years. Judging by the height of our character and all the young wizards being thrown around.