Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-3-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and a wonderful one at that, so let's chat about something new!

This week has been all about the shiny new things on Live servers! Since it's been out in the Spiral for a few days, I'd like to ask everyone - what is your favorite thing about the new fall update? Something special about the wonderful world of Mirage? Castle Magic? The new spells? The new faction vendors? Let us know...

Have a fabulous rest of your Friday and a great weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
As someone not in Mirage or that into housing, there wasn't much for me in this update. However, I very much appreciate the quest fixes and how adorable the Yellow Cactus Hopper is. I'm also looking forward to whatever Yuletide festivities await us. Although likely not any time soon, what with the release of Mirage, I hope the next update adds something more for the lower-level players; like the Four Dungeons did.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I like the new Lore, characters and story that are presented in Mirage!

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Mirage is incredible in almost every way. The looks of the world and it's characters, the animations, the storyline, the factions ...but the drops are so lacking. Yes there are some great pets and decent jewels. Not sure about the gear, haven't really seen the top stuff, but I'm all about them drops and I've been getting junk, even from bosses.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
The scenery,story,and mirage overall is awesome.However long time players are quitting because of the harsh difficulty increase,maybe tone it down a bit?

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Hello Professor Falmea! Friendly 115 Storm Wizard here! , the update has been amazing so far , the new bosses system with 2 schools is a great addition to make fights harder and more fun! , the new spells look amazing and cant wait to learn them! , the only thing i was really looking foward to this update was a new school pet , but sadly there was none , do you have any plans on adding a new school pet next update? or later in the future?

sincerely - Reed Moon Mask

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
I absolutely love castle magic! The possibilities are endless! Please, we beg for you to incorporate even more! My houses are full of life and warmth. I know that if you expanded on more housing features, I, and many others, would definitely get enjoyment and our money's worth. Overall, fantastic job with this update!

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
To be perfectly honest?
NOTHING.
Maybe I just haven't found the crafting recipes yet,,, Maybe I like the cheating minions, (no I don't),,,Maybe I don't like the fact that Darkmoor Gear (which we were told is optional) is NEEDED to get thru the dungeons,,, maybe I just don't like the fact that a LOT of fights are against someone with 2 schools and maybe I don't like the fact that approx 80% of Mirage requires a team.
What about those of us that like to solo as much as we can?
In other words, There's NOTHING (apart from the fact it's a new world) that I like.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I love the new Castle Magic. I can't wait to see what other awesome items and spells come out in the future for this system; the possibilities are endless.

Defender
May 02, 2015
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday, and a wonderful one at that, so let's chat about something new!

This week has been all about the shiny new things on Live servers! Since it's been out in the Spiral for a few days, I'd like to ask everyone - what is your favorite thing about the new fall update? Something special about the wonderful world of Mirage? Castle Magic? The new spells? The new faction vendors? Let us know...

Have a fabulous rest of your Friday and a great weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I am very, very impressed with Mirage, I love the direction you guys are going! Keep it up!

Mirage is the ultimate limit tester in Wizard101, for now...

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
The story it's always my favorite part of any world it's why I look forward to it every time you have a new one have a great weekend everyone

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I am about to rage quit over this world... worst world ever! the quest where the books cast the dot and then the heal on themselves? come on! and then to have that cheat when a pet heals?! Dots tend to make pets heal.. I stopped counting after 20...

everyday i play i think i can't hate this world anymore... but then something new pops up..

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Castle Magic sounds promising.

Question: On one wizard I clicked 'skip tutorial' because I remembered what it said. But then it skipped the entire ability to do castle magic. It didn't give me the statue or the lever. I didn't anticipate that would happen.

So how do I get the castle and lever if I skipped the tutorial and could it please include a warning that will happen? Thanks.

P.S. I don't know what a faction vendor is.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Simply: Mirage is AWESOME!

I love the free range running capabilities in the desert areas.

I made it through to the end in 18 hours on the day it released. I LOVE the difficulty increase on the street fights. I did feel like the bosses could have been a bit more challenging.

I have not yet found a single gear drop that is worth mentioning. After an 18 hour grind, I walked away in my full Darkmoor set a little sad.

I also really enjoy the pip conversion and the ability to designate damage from the new spells. I would love to see older spells like Glow Bug and Tempest fitted out with this capability.

How awesome to be able to choose my targets and not mess up someone else's traps, etc..

All in all, WELL DONE KI!!!!! Thank you for this wonderful new experience. Please consider some top level gear, my level 100 pieces are getting worn from use.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I loved the castle magic and how you improved the sounds in the game. I noticed the sound is more different or audible when you ride a mount on the grass or on cobblestone, etc.

Alejandro

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
I have a few favorite things, although I have only been purely questing:
  • the story line
  • there are no bugs that I have encountered like Polaris had on release
  • there is pretty much no farming
  • the "home within a home" part
  • the Arcanum apartment
  • the Rain Core
  • the carpet chase
  • the graphics, colors and attention to detail of this world
  • the caravan in Thieves Den
  • the dance/stances/movements of the camels in Thieves den were brilliant-more of this please
  • pop culture references

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The game play in Mirage is great. It's hard enough to be interesting, but not overly grindy. Seems like it was nerfed a bit from test, but it's still fun. The story and jokes are entertaining too.

Castle magic looks cool, but I haven't had much time to try it.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Really loving Mirage! So many plot twists, and as far as the difficulty goes, I've been able to solo most of the fights, but things are definitely a lot tougher, and early Mirage seems a lot more difficult than late Mirage.

The new spells aren't too shabby either, the fire one really sets my heart ablaze !

Haven't done much as far as faction vendors go yet, but it is an interesting idea. I'll have to look into it

All in all, a great update, keep it up!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
Mirage is BEAUTIFUL, and I can't wait to get Mirage Castles and decorate them.

The carpets, pillows tossed around, the crockery and especially the LAMPS! I hope we get similar (non-GLOWING) items to decorate with in our Castles!

But, still... Castle Magic is my very favorite thing in the current update, I am an avid Castle Decorator and it really gets my brain working to figure out interesting ways to incorporate Castle Magic into my decorated Castles!

Castle Decorating is fun, and challenging since choices are somewhat limited. I, for one, would love more and More and MORE housing items and Castle Magic, thank you so much

Angus JadeRunner
Mariah StormWeaver
Fiona WillowShade
Rowan ShadowDreamer
Isabella StarDust
Scarlet FireBrand

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Yay for a fun new world! I'm loving the many interesting boss fights, and slightly lower rate of backpack clogging junk dropping. Would be nice if the random (and mostly useless) drop gear we get questing was not "no auction" though. Any chance of getting that changed? Thanks.

PS I'm also enjoying the story and voice acting, and the improved NPC animations. Great work across the board!