Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Space Too Small!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Currently, the treasure card space is 999 for each treasure card total.

Reagents get to have 999 space for each individual item. Treasure cards deserve the same respect! We each deserve to have 999 of each type of treasure card. You should be able to have 999 feints and 999 cleanse charms at the same time!

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
yea i don't see why we have 999 max when you can have infinite reagents. We should get 2000 max.
"but won't that lag the game"
it won't lag the game that will barely lag the game and plus you can have infinite reagents and pet snacks, we should have a bigger space for treasure cards!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I dont know how plausible having 999 per tc is. Im not saying Im against it, Im saying I just dont know how much of a burden it would be. Also, keep in mind that many treasure cards have multiple variations of them. For example, you can get (sake of example mind you) a feint from the treasure card vendors allover the spiral, create a new treasure card by enchanting it but not using it before the end of battle, plus find feints of the exact same strength in various packs. In the case of the pack drops, they are considered different feints, and thus take up extra room in your "treasure card backpack". Keep in mind that while these feints might have the same value, their GOLD VALUE is much different depending on where ya got it from. This would need to be addressed BEFORE they allow for 999 copies of a tc. As far as I personally am concerned, if it has the same stats, it should stack in your "treasure card backpack". Of course, now that I said that, somebody will come along and give a valid reason why it shouldnt be counted the same lol That's ok, i know it will happen :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
Currently, the treasure card space is 999 for each treasure card total.

Reagents get to have 999 space for each individual item. Treasure cards deserve the same respect! We each deserve to have 999 of each type of treasure card. You should be able to have 999 feints and 999 cleanse charms at the same time!
If you are crafting, you need to be able to collect a large number of certain reagents that is why each one can go up to 999.

Treasure cards are a little different....You don't need to keep that many of any TC. If you garden, you can actually plant to get more Feints if you need them as well as other TC's.

And, in most battles you are likely to pick up other TC's and if you have a full deck, you can't....

Many of us try to keep our TC's well under that total number. I try to keep mine at around 600 at most to allow for gardening TC's and Battle TC drops.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
dayerider on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
I dont know how plausible having 999 per tc is. Im not saying Im against it, Im saying I just dont know how much of a burden it would be. Also, keep in mind that many treasure cards have multiple variations of them. For example, you can get (sake of example mind you) a feint from the treasure card vendors allover the spiral, create a new treasure card by enchanting it but not using it before the end of battle, plus find feints of the exact same strength in various packs. In the case of the pack drops, they are considered different feints, and thus take up extra room in your "treasure card backpack". Keep in mind that while these feints might have the same value, their GOLD VALUE is much different depending on where ya got it from. This would need to be addressed BEFORE they allow for 999 copies of a tc. As far as I personally am concerned, if it has the same stats, it should stack in your "treasure card backpack". Of course, now that I said that, somebody will come along and give a valid reason why it shouldnt be counted the same lol That's ok, i know it will happen :)
Let's think this through.

Your TCs are pretty much just a list of cards and quantities. In theory, a wizard could have 999 of a single card. Alternately, the wizard could have one each of 999 card varieties.

The card collection should already support 999 of each card. It's very likely the card quantities would load with the same amount of speed for a quantity of 1, 15, or 999. The same is true for storing this amount on a w101 server.

There are many more than 999 cards in this game (due to enchants). It is possible there are also some balance or gold economy concerns as well.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
I remember when the limit was bumped up to 999 from the past summer. There were a lot of issues, such as lag, connectivity issues, etc. I think it would cause too much stress on the servers to have 999 of EACH tc. That seems like a bit too much.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
If you are crafting, you need to be able to collect a large number of certain reagents that is why each one can go up to 999.

Treasure cards are a little different....You don't need to keep that many of any TC. If you garden, you can actually plant to get more Feints if you need them as well as other TC's.

And, in most battles you are likely to pick up other TC's and if you have a full deck, you can't....

Many of us try to keep our TC's well under that total number. I try to keep mine at around 600 at most to allow for gardening TC's and Battle TC drops.
When you PvP, you need treasure cards. Some of us have to store treasure cards in the amounts of thousands. I've had to store my treasure cards in multiple decks and multiple decks on other characters. This is also a reason why the backpack space is too small.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:

Here's where the problem comes in.

I don't want a lot of treasure cards myself. However I have 69 plot Evil Magma Pea gardens with all of my wizards. Most of them have two 69 plot gardens. Some have three, while others have two 69's and a 25. I get a lot of Gold from them. I also get a lot of treasure cards. Throw double gardening rewards into the mix...

So what happens is I have too much Gold to sell my treasure cards. Then I have too many treasure cards in my spell book. I can't receive any new treasure cards until there is more room in my spell book. I get so tired of hearing Librarian Argleston telling me that all the time when he gives me no viable solution to get rid of my Gold so that I can sell my treasure cards to make more room in my spell book.

There's no mass dump option neither. If I want to trash all or any of them, I have to right click the card and confirm every time I want to dump a card. That takes a long time when you're trying to get rid of 600 treasure cards on twelve wizards. I have a wireless mouse, so it's also a real battery drainer making 14,400 clicks to dispose of 7,200 treasure cards.

I don't want 200 Earthquakes, 200 Feints, and 200 Disarms. I don't want my spell book full of all of the treasure cards and then miss out on getting drops of other cards that I do want. I'm sure that's why it took so long for one of my wizards to get a Potent Trap for the Eagle War Shield. He probably would have gotten one sometime throughout Azteca but he was probably always been at Max treasure cards when I got to one of the battles where they were dropped.

So even if the OP's reasons are different, I do at least somewhat agree with the idea he's presenting.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 28, 2016 wrote:
When you PvP, you need treasure cards. Some of us have to store treasure cards in the amounts of thousands. I've had to store my treasure cards in multiple decks and multiple decks on other characters. This is also a reason why the backpack space is too small.
You don't need that many TC in order to PvP. And if you are storing mass mounts of cards, sooner or later, you are going to start lagging in the game. The servers are not set for that kind of stress. KI has limited all items from cards, reagents, pet food to prevent an overload. Continuing to add decks for storage isn't a good idea and NO ONE needs to store thousands of TC.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
High Five Ghost on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:

I don't want a lot of treasure cards myself. However I have 69 plot Evil Magma Pea gardens with all of my wizards. Most of them have two 69 plot gardens. Some have three, while others have two 69's and a 25. I get a lot of Gold from them. I also get a lot of treasure cards. Throw double gardening rewards into the mix...

So what happens is I have too much Gold to sell my treasure cards. Then I have too many treasure cards in my spell book. I can't receive any new treasure cards until there is more room in my spell book. I get so tired of hearing Librarian Argleston telling me that all the time when he gives me no viable solution to get rid of my Gold so that I can sell my treasure cards to make more room in my spell book.

There's no mass dump option neither. If I want to trash all or any of them, I have to right click the card and confirm every time I want to dump a card. That takes a long time when you're trying to get rid of 600 treasure cards on twelve wizards. I have a wireless mouse, so it's also a real battery drainer making 14,400 clicks to dispose of 7,200 treasure cards.

I don't want 200 Earthquakes, 200 Feints, and 200 Disarms. I don't want my spell book full of all of the treasure cards and then miss out on getting drops of other cards that I do want. I'm sure that's why it took so long for one of my wizards to get a Potent Trap for the Eagle War Shield. He probably would have gotten one sometime throughout Azteca but he was probably always been at Max treasure cards when I got to one of the battles where they were dropped.

So even if the OP's reasons are different, I do at least somewhat agree with the idea he's presenting.
How many houses do you have...Each wizard is allowed up to 3 houses without using an elixir. Buy furniture and other decorating items to help use up some of the gold. Keep your gold cap down to a comfortable medium and you won't have that problem. By keeping your gold cap down, you can mass sell TC's. Buy and sell as needed to prevent overload and those messages from Argleston and you will also get a message from Zeke if you are getting too close to the gold cap.

By the way, you do know you can buy furniture sets for gold through the Crowns Shop, right....Just click on a set, then go over to where it says gold and make sure you click that as well. If you don't, you will end up spending crowns. The sets usually run somewhere around 22,000 gold so that would help in reducing that gold cap.

No, there is no mass dump and that is there for a reason. You may want to keep a small number of a certain TC and if you did a mass dump without limits you would lose all.

As for getting the Potent Trap in Az. Not likely although not impossible if your TC's were at max. The reason I say that is because I have a life wizard that has done the entirety of Az twice without getting Potent Trap where as, my fire wizard on another account has gotten 2 before completing that world. But both have around 700 TC on each which will be reduced either by trading off to my other wizards or sold in the Bazaar.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DevinSkullStone on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
yea i don't see why we have 999 max when you can have infinite reagents. We should get 2000 max.
"but won't that lag the game"
it won't lag the game that will barely lag the game and plus you can have infinite reagents and pet snacks, we should have a bigger space for treasure cards!
When KI upped the TC max to 999, there were a lot of players having problems until it got lined out, so NO, having 2000 isn't even practical and would create an overload on the servers if every wizard had that many.

Yes, it would lag the game.

As for infinite reagents, no, we don't have that either for the same reasons. But, you can also store reagents and pet snacks in your shared bank. You can't store TC in the shared bank.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
High Five Ghost on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:

you can just discard them buy going to your treasure card binder and right clicking

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
It needs to be 999 for each type of treasure card. The reagents get it, but the treasure cards do not. That is absolutely unfair. Please fix this Kingsisle! Big treasure card limit problem!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SAR28 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
It needs to be 999 for each type of treasure card. The reagents get it, but the treasure cards do not. That is absolutely unfair. Please fix this Kingsisle! Big treasure card limit problem!
There is absolutely NO reason for any players to have 999 of EACH TC available. You will use more of a certain reagent in a single recipe than you can use TC's in a single cast.

If you are casting a TC in combat, you will only use 1. If you are crafting a house or castle, you may use several hundred of a specific reagent just to create the lumber you need for the house. Big Difference.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SAR28 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
There's no reason for having 999 each of 657 different cards. You can only carry 40 max at a time anyways.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I believe that there should be 999 available space for each individual school treasure cards.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Can we stop this silliness of arguing more treasure cards will lag the game? Treasure cards are just database entries, and the storage space to record how many of a treasure card the player has is going to be the same whether you you have 1 copy or 999 copies of the card, its just a difference in one stored integer value. And lag would only apply if this information is being sent between the server and the player's game client, which only occurs when treasure cards drop a loot, are being bought or sold, are being added to or removed from a deck, or are used in a duel. The notion of experiencing lag just from walking around in the game with more treasure cards is ludicrous.

Would I like to have more treasure card space? Heck yes. I garden, and am constantly having to sell off cards as I reach the 1000 card limit. I do appreciate Kingsisle increasing the limit from 500 recently. Having a limit at all just adds another issue to be dealt with in the game. I can deal with it, but it is a pain. A larger limit would not keep me from having to periodically sell off treasure cards, but would mean I have to do it less often, which would be helpful.

What I would really like would be a function that allows you to designate specific card types for automatic sale or even automatic trashing. The great majority of treasure cards gardening produces are useless and I normally just sell them. If I could just go to the bazaar and sell them by hitting one "sell all predesignated cards" button it would be awesome.

Kingsisle needs to consider that dealing with tedious stuff like getting rid of excess treasure cards or other items is really annoying and makes the game less fun. You do not want to make your players put up with game elements that are not fun. Ultimately some will get sufficiently frustrated they will go play some other game.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
DanTheTerrible on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
Can we stop this silliness of arguing more treasure cards will lag the game? Treasure cards are just database entries, and the storage space to record how many of a treasure card the player has is going to be the same whether you you have 1 copy or 999 copies of the card, its just a difference in one stored integer value. And lag would only apply if this information is being sent between the server and the player's game client, which only occurs when treasure cards drop a loot, are being bought or sold, are being added to or removed from a deck, or are used in a duel. The notion of experiencing lag just from walking around in the game with more treasure cards is ludicrous.

Would I like to have more treasure card space? Heck yes. I garden, and am constantly having to sell off cards as I reach the 1000 card limit. I do appreciate Kingsisle increasing the limit from 500 recently. Having a limit at all just adds another issue to be dealt with in the game. I can deal with it, but it is a pain. A larger limit would not keep me from having to periodically sell off treasure cards, but would mean I have to do it less often, which would be helpful.

What I would really like would be a function that allows you to designate specific card types for automatic sale or even automatic trashing. The great majority of treasure cards gardening produces are useless and I normally just sell them. If I could just go to the bazaar and sell them by hitting one "sell all predesignated cards" button it would be awesome.

Kingsisle needs to consider that dealing with tedious stuff like getting rid of excess treasure cards or other items is really annoying and makes the game less fun. You do not want to make your players put up with game elements that are not fun. Ultimately some will get sufficiently frustrated they will go play some other game.
I agree. I also agree with others that 999 of each card is unnecessary.

Where I think treasure cards should mimic reagents is in that the cap should be applicable to individual cards, not overall cards. Where I think it should differ is what the cap number should be. If the cap was somewhere between 100 and 500, that would be fine. Heck even 50 would be plenty enough for me.