Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change Opportunity?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
Would it be too difficult to allow us to change our wizards names?

I hate my Death Wizard's name...would love to change it!

thoughts??

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
morgrim1981 on Nov 25, 2016 wrote:
Would it be too difficult to allow us to change our wizards names?

I hate my Death Wizard's name...would love to change it!

thoughts??
There are so many threads on this that I think it is really time for KingsIsle to take this into consideration.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
You cannot at this time. This has been a popular idea over the past year, with plenty of threads on it.

My best advice is to just make another wizard and/or hold onto yours to see if they will eventually make name-changing into a feature.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
they should give a 1 chance name change so you can atleast change it once

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I go for this idea but there may be a problem with it. If you change your name, you may loss everything you accomplished include those on you're friends list because what if all the data is recorded to your wizard's name. Perhaps KI can do this without any loss to you. Idk.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
The only complication with this would be causing confusion with your friends.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 28, 2016 wrote:
I go for this idea but there may be a problem with it. If you change your name, you may loss everything you accomplished include those on you're friends list because what if all the data is recorded to your wizard's name. Perhaps KI can do this without any loss to you. Idk.
Good response and about as close as anyone has gotten to why name changes aren't allowed once the wizard is created.

Everything that wizard does is tied to the name it was created with. Changing the name could cause a lot of things to be lost including quests completed, items that wizard has acquired throughout the game, and possibly the complete loss of the that wizard since the data would not match a new name.

Can you imagine what KI staff would be up against if massive numbers of players decided to change the name of even one of their wizards?

The only way is to delete and start a new wizard.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
If man can put people on the moon, man can also change names on a video game :)

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
morgrim1981 on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
If man can put people on the moon, man can also change names on a video game :)
True.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
Good response and about as close as anyone has gotten to why name changes aren't allowed once the wizard is created.

Everything that wizard does is tied to the name it was created with. Changing the name could cause a lot of things to be lost including quests completed, items that wizard has acquired throughout the game, and possibly the complete loss of the that wizard since the data would not match a new name.

Can you imagine what KI staff would be up against if massive numbers of players decided to change the name of even one of their wizards?

The only way is to delete and start a new wizard.
That's not how MMOs work.