Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

False Reporting is now an Issue

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I have always had faith in K I in regards to accuracy with reporting and have replied to other posters on this subject when questions arise about being falsely reported......

I was in the arena lobby standing alone and went AFK for about 2 minutes - when I returned there was a "you have been reported" message on my screen then immediately following was a message "YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN MUTED" (I was not doing pvp myself, I had been watching friends do a tournament a few moments before).

WOW.

I have NO idea what happened. I had no exchange of any kind with anyone there. Both of my accounts were muted - for NO reason.
In my 5 years of playing I have Never had any restrictions due to breaking any rules. I am the sole user of my accounts so this is definitely an Issue.

They are Supposed to check chat logs to make sure that a report is valid and this was not done.

Very Disappointing, K I.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
When you go AFK, stay in an empty realm or at your house. This way, you are less likely to be randomly reported.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
SilverbackMonkey on Nov 24, 2016 wrote:
I have always had faith in K I in regards to accuracy with reporting and have replied to other posters on this subject when questions arise about being falsely reported......

I was in the arena lobby standing alone and went AFK for about 2 minutes - when I returned there was a "you have been reported" message on my screen then immediately following was a message "YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN MUTED" (I was not doing pvp myself, I had been watching friends do a tournament a few moments before).

WOW.

I have NO idea what happened. I had no exchange of any kind with anyone there. Both of my accounts were muted - for NO reason.
In my 5 years of playing I have Never had any restrictions due to breaking any rules. I am the sole user of my accounts so this is definitely an Issue.

They are Supposed to check chat logs to make sure that a report is valid and this was not done.

Very Disappointing, K I.
You should probably shoot them a message about this.

People will just look at you, don't like you for some reason, get jealous because maybe you're a higher rank than them, have a better pet etc and just hit the report button.

It's an on-going issue.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Yeah it is definitely an issue. I was reported because i told someone i couldn't gift them a mount. Seriously just told the guy i could not gift them a mount, i was really nice about it and everything. There needs to be more monitoring of the reporting.

Jess

Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
The way reporting is explained, if you refute that claim Kingsisle will recheck the original reason and either enforce the mute or take action against the false report. I also suggest sending a message over to them to get it straightened out.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Wow sorry to hear that. I got reported once just because some people didn't like me using their feint and hitting before they did. I didn't get muted though.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
This is the main reason why i stay in not popular realms and avoid people as much as possible, it also explains why some of my friends some how leave pvp at the end of the duel so quick, you literally can't click on them to see their stats.

There are also people going around ( mostly in the arena ) threating people saying they're going to bring their friends and get people muted.

KI plz do something about this false report stuff, so many people are getting muted for not doing anything wrong and it's very scary to come on one day knowing that someone got you muted forever or even a while.

I thought before someone told me people who false report get suspended or something. So why not do this?

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009

WOW.

Very Disappointing, K I.
This actually happens to you? Wow, the bad luck for some people.....wooo.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
This is the main reason why i stay in not popular realms and avoid people as much as possible, it also explains why some of my friends some how leave pvp at the end of the duel so quick, you literally can't click on them to see their stats.

There are also people going around ( mostly in the arena ) threating people saying they're going to bring their friends and get people muted.

KI plz do something about this false report stuff, so many people are getting muted for not doing anything wrong and it's very scary to come on one day knowing that someone got you muted forever or even a while.

I thought before someone told me people who false report get suspended or something. So why not do this?
You still can click on someone to see their stats right after the battle ends, you just have to be fast and have good reaction time. Even when a person is nothing but magical dust you can stick click on them for their stats.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I've heard if enough people report you the game will auto-mute you. Just email KI and explain what happened and they will unmute you.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
DarkAce88 on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
You still can click on someone to see their stats right after the battle ends, you just have to be fast and have good reaction time. Even when a person is nothing but magical dust you can stick click on them for their stats.
No, i'm not talking about porting out quickly, it's leaving the game and coming right back
( loading screen, not actually closing down the game in case some people who read this might be confused).

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
DarkAce88 on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
This actually happens to you? Wow, the bad luck for some people.....wooo.
I agree..

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Cass MoonHeart on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
I've heard if enough people report you the game will auto-mute you. Just email KI and explain what happened and they will unmute you.
I personally think its a matter of a few things
1. How old your account is, its a old one like mine per say they overlook it(Maybe)
2. You buy crowns, like its hush hush money.
3. You have a subscription.
4.(maybe) You have a good record.
5. You're not often a pain to KI by being a rebel and calling them out on stuff.

i like to think i'm 1-4, since even when i talked liked a Siren at a sword contest(or arm contest) i never got muted.

If your account is fresh out the gate, like maybe a few months or a year old you are more likely to get banned or muted cause they may view you as a troll account that was just made to cause trouble.

While for me, since i'm a old vet, i pay my wizardly rent and i give them some hush money time to time, i never get in any trouble, after all why mute someone that being a huge contribution to your community Or you scratch my back and a bag of gold will appear for you lol. Well now i'm just exaggerating somewhat but i like to image its like that, i may even get in trouble for openly saying this xD.

Oh yea, also don't mention any other games, cause they make not like that and hold a grudge against you.

This is my personal guess, but don't forget KI are humans too not artificial AI that goes based off just codes and rules.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Thanks for all of your responses;

Valid points on account status - to clarify, I am a paying member for over 4 years, never had any problems with breaking rules, spend a ton, etc. (which shouldn't matter anyway right?).

Good news is I did contact KI immediately and they rescinded the mute right away with an apology; AutoMute was activated without being verified (I do get reported falsely in pvp, think because I am high rank?)

This was corrected on Thanksgiving morning believe it or not just hours after I sent them a message.

So thanks KI for quickly fixing an error, especially on a holiday - my Faith has been restored!

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
SilverbackMonkey on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for all of your responses;

Valid points on account status - to clarify, I am a paying member for over 4 years, never had any problems with breaking rules, spend a ton, etc. (which shouldn't matter anyway right?).

Good news is I did contact KI immediately and they rescinded the mute right away with an apology; AutoMute was activated without being verified (I do get reported falsely in pvp, think because I am high rank?)

This was corrected on Thanksgiving morning believe it or not just hours after I sent them a message.

So thanks KI for quickly fixing an error, especially on a holiday - my Faith has been restored!
Never loose faith , on your valid point statement it actually does make a difference because it shows your a loyal player and that your someone who should take their quickest response time. Which based on your history and generous donations, they made sure you were unmuted.

Life Lesson: It pays to be loyal :), literally lol

Defender
Nov 24, 2012

WOW.

Very Disappointing, K I.
First off, false reporting has always been a problem. I believe that when a group of friends plan on reporting a single target, you automatically get muted. Groups of friends have been doing this for quite a while now—it's not new. That's why you were automatically muted. KI couldn't have possibly reviewed the report that fast. They must receive hundreds of reports a day—perhaps? Maybe more or less.

Anyway, I trust KI when it comes to these kinds of things. The first time I was reported, about a year ago, was when I left a dungeon. What I think what happened was this: there were 3 or 4 people in that dungeon. One storm guy was getting ready to hit and kill the final mobs of the dungeon. But I happened to be the first one to go, so I got to kill the mobs. After I left the dungeon, I received a message telling me that I had been reported. For what? My only guess was that it was probably the storm guy who reported me because he was upset that I killed. I DID go through my chat log to see if I had said anything from the moment I logged in to the moment I got reported. Sure enough, I hadn't said a single thing. Nothing at all. I am not the kind of player who socializes in these kind of games. If I ever do chat, it's usually game related. To this day, my account hasn't been banned or muted because of false reports.

The second time I got reported was a few days ago in a PvP. I was using the Angel Strategy, and my opponent did not like that. He sent me a friend request, which I accepted, and told me that if I fled, he would gift me four packs. I did not flee, however. I then received a notification telling I was reported. The guy fled and removed me from his list.

People will report you for the dumbest reasons, but I trust KI. And I'm sure that hey don't ban anyone for no reason.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Jess Thundersword1 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
Yeah it is definitely an issue. I was reported because i told someone i couldn't gift them a mount. Seriously just told the guy i could not gift them a mount, i was really nice about it and everything. There needs to be more monitoring of the reporting.

Jess
The thing is that KingsIsle is not the one who makes the reports, but rather the players. No one can really monitor the reports. KingsIsle can only review them and determine if the report is legitimate or not. If you did not say or do anything wrong, there is nothing to worry about.