Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing your wizard's name

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
I keep seeing these really cool school oriented names, and I look at mine and wish I could change it. I made my account when I was 10, and I thought that Emma UnicornBlossom was a perfect name for my storm wizard. *sigh* I think if it costs like 500 crowns or 10,000 gold I would totally pay to change it. Pretty please KI?

Emma UnicornBlossom

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Katzenstein39 on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
I keep seeing these really cool school oriented names, and I look at mine and wish I could change it. I made my account when I was 10, and I thought that Emma UnicornBlossom was a perfect name for my storm wizard. *sigh* I think if it costs like 500 crowns or 10,000 gold I would totally pay to change it. Pretty please KI?

Emma UnicornBlossom
Once you create a wizard and a name, there is no way to change it without deleting that wizard and starting over. But you also need to remember that unless you transfer all items that wizard has to another on the same account, all will be lost.

One of the main reasons you can't change the name is because it is already tied to your account. Changing the name could cause you some problems with the game when patching which it does every time you log in.