Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgrading our blades.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
Ever noticed how helpful raising our fire, myth and balance blades up by .5% would be? Now i know a lot of people of out there would mention how this would be unfair to the other schools by if see:
a ice blade can reach 50%
a life blade can reach 50%
a storm blade can 40%
and a death blade can reach 50%

Then you have

fire blade: can reach 45%
myth blade: can reach%
and balance blades with 35%(single) and 30%(team mates)

spirit and elemental blades could use an extra .5% boost too just an idea i thought could be helpful to players especially outside of pvp, such as when farming or questing.

but let me get down to the point why i called out these specific schools.
Fire: Damage Over Time spells. damage is divided up among all our enemies and over time so spells like dragon, rain, scald, etc. could use the little boost when blade stacking.

Myth: Their Attacks are kinda weak in my opinion so why not, so spells like... all their spells could really need it.

Balance: i love my balance how it is able to give my team mates that extra boost but why not just a little more boost. i know balance is considered to be universal but 25% for a single blade doesn't cut it especially when soloing and i get weakness all caught up but still manages to get through. same with blade storm with the fact that it cost 1 pip( i know why it cost 1 pip) but the value of 20% its rough utilizing first hand.

just some idea i picked up on, how would feel if this was to be made in the game, would you approve it or disapprove it?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
zachery NS on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
Ever noticed how helpful raising our fire, myth and balance blades up by .5% would be? Now i know a lot of people of out there would mention how this would be unfair to the other schools by if see:
a ice blade can reach 50%
a life blade can reach 50%
a storm blade can 40%
and a death blade can reach 50%

Then you have

fire blade: can reach 45%
myth blade: can reach%
and balance blades with 35%(single) and 30%(team mates)

spirit and elemental blades could use an extra .5% boost too just an idea i thought could be helpful to players especially outside of pvp, such as when farming or questing.

but let me get down to the point why i called out these specific schools.
Fire: Damage Over Time spells. damage is divided up among all our enemies and over time so spells like dragon, rain, scald, etc. could use the little boost when blade stacking.

Myth: Their Attacks are kinda weak in my opinion so why not, so spells like... all their spells could really need it.

Balance: i love my balance how it is able to give my team mates that extra boost but why not just a little more boost. i know balance is considered to be universal but 25% for a single blade doesn't cut it especially when soloing and i get weakness all caught up but still manages to get through. same with blade storm with the fact that it cost 1 pip( i know why it cost 1 pip) but the value of 20% its rough utilizing first hand.

just some idea i picked up on, how would feel if this was to be made in the game, would you approve it or disapprove it?
I wonder why you included Fire and Myth but not Storm? Strange, is all. As for your reasons, and why I disagree:

Fire: DoT spells deal some of the highest damage in game, you get Fuel; designed specifically to boost DoT damage. Also, blades affect all of the damage dealt, giving a better increase than most schools due to the pre-existing damage. If anything, Fire needs a nerf: not another buff.

Myth: Myth deals the 3rd or 4th most damage in-game, either above or below Death, I presume above for a reason I'll soon come to. Granted, Myth could certainly use some buffs, but a better blade isn't how to do it.

Balance: I main Balance myself, so I'm speaking from experience when I say, we have the best buffs in-game. We have Balanceblade, Bladestorm, and Hex. Hex is a 30% trap, the highest in-game value on the school traps. Then we have a +25% and +20% stackable blades, which when stacked comes to +50% to target and +20% to team for 1 pip: and they're all universal which makes it extremely good for team/out of school play. Then when we learn Sharpen and Potent, we can use traps for 82%, and blades for a total of 163.25% for 2 pips. Granted, I never use Bladestorm, as I'm sure you don't either, but it's always there. You shouldn't ask for a buff while ignoring an existing one. Carry a couple Cleanse Charm TCs in your deck if Weaknesses are an issue.

Now, about that Myth/Death damage thing, here's all of the schools in terms of damage, followed by their blade values. From lowest to highest:

/,
, /

With , it depends on how you use it, but you may have noticed a purposeful design pattern. With your proposed changes; & would grow OP, and probably would too.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
sharpen blades,.... you want sharpen blades, a sun spell you can learn in azteca...

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I think this would just create an even larger unbalancing in the schools.
If anything fire and storm should trade blade values. (If you compare recent fire/storm gear fire has significantly more damage, even on their spells).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
I wonder why you included Fire and Myth but not Storm? Strange, is all. As for your reasons, and why I disagree:

Fire: DoT spells deal some of the highest damage in game, you get Fuel; designed specifically to boost DoT damage. Also, blades affect all of the damage dealt, giving a better increase than most schools due to the pre-existing damage. If anything, Fire needs a nerf: not another buff.

Myth: Myth deals the 3rd or 4th most damage in-game, either above or below Death, I presume above for a reason I'll soon come to. Granted, Myth could certainly use some buffs, but a better blade isn't how to do it.

Balance: I main Balance myself, so I'm speaking from experience when I say, we have the best buffs in-game. We have Balanceblade, Bladestorm, and Hex. Hex is a 30% trap, the highest in-game value on the school traps. Then we have a +25% and +20% stackable blades, which when stacked comes to +50% to target and +20% to team for 1 pip: and they're all universal which makes it extremely good for team/out of school play. Then when we learn Sharpen and Potent, we can use traps for 82%, and blades for a total of 163.25% for 2 pips. Granted, I never use Bladestorm, as I'm sure you don't either, but it's always there. You shouldn't ask for a buff while ignoring an existing one. Carry a couple Cleanse Charm TCs in your deck if Weaknesses are an issue.

Now, about that Myth/Death damage thing, here's all of the schools in terms of damage, followed by their blade values. From lowest to highest:

/,
, /

With , it depends on how you use it, but you may have noticed a purposeful design pattern. With your proposed changes; & would grow OP, and probably would too.
Well said, wow!

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012

/,
, /

think i should have been more clear, myfault these changes was to add a simple touch to all thier single blades, the reason why i did not include storm was because of their high dmg spells so you can't say that was unbalance. ice and life no explanation including death( 40%) adding 40% changed to a myth, fire, and balances blade would not make these schools grow op lol. i see your thinking from a pvp point a view my friend.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012

/,
, /

but like your reason never thought of this little touch would make them grow grow up but bit more fair and balance instead of unbalanced the way you see it. fire is not the strongest school in the game(supposing be the second), myth is not for sure, neither is balance. but i was looking at it from a coming up start for newer players who can't achieve shadow spells yet until lvl 100 just to remind you. i know there are people who may not like this idea just because it is focused onand . again with fire: this was mainly for our dot spells, dmg is divided up so much its not even funny.( before you get to azteca) balance: thought the fact that most balance would like this idea instead of going against it. i mean a 25% blade going to 30% you can't beat it especially when farming or questing like i said before( 25% is really weak in my opinion) just dont think it was fair to make it this low. and again with myth, lets be honest myth could really use it. you think a blade just isn't the case when it could simply just be a SMALL factor.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
Cass MoonHeart on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
I think this would just create an even larger unbalancing in the schools.
If anything fire and storm should trade blade values. (If you compare recent fire/storm gear fire has significantly more damage, even on their spells).
An even larger unbalance in the schools you say?
fire isn't the strongest school neither the second( supposing)
Today it is more as all round.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
zachery NS on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
but like your reason never thought of this little touch would make them grow grow up but bit more fair and balance instead of unbalanced the way you see it. fire is not the strongest school in the game(supposing be the second), myth is not for sure, neither is balance. but i was looking at it from a coming up start for newer players who can't achieve shadow spells yet until lvl 100 just to remind you. i know there are people who may not like this idea just because it is focused onand . again with fire: this was mainly for our dot spells, dmg is divided up so much its not even funny.( before you get to azteca) balance: thought the fact that most balance would like this idea instead of going against it. i mean a 25% blade going to 30% you can't beat it especially when farming or questing like i said before( 25% is really weak in my opinion) just dont think it was fair to make it this low. and again with myth, lets be honest myth could really use it. you think a blade just isn't the case when it could simply just be a SMALL factor.
For whatever reason, I think you are reaching on this.

As has already been mentioned, Sharpen Blade is available to learn in Az.

We also have pets that give Balance and Dragon Blades that all schools can use to boost their school blades. We have pets that also give enhanced school blades, TC school blades and Spirit and Elemental blades which are also in TCs.

All regular blades can be enhanced with Sharpen Blade. AND they all stack. So if for instance, you are Fire, you have your regular blade, then a TC, then a regular enhanced with Sharpen, then if your pet carries the 25% and 30% Balance school blades or a School blade, then you add regular Elemental and another enhanced with Sharpen and another that is TC, PLUS on top of all that you have the percentage of damage from your gear.

But if you are referring to Pre-Az, there are still a lot of ways to increase Blade power. Basically the same options minus the enhancements from Az forward.

Then there are still more enhancements to spells you wish to cast and Vengence, Amplify, etc, etc, etc.

The Schools were not designed to be the same in strength. How we use them is what makes the difference. We can make them stronger, or we can weaken them if we want to increase the challenge of the game.

So let's leave the effects of our Blades and enhancements alone. They are fine as they are.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
In PvE, I'm not sure which school is best. Probably Life (good damage gear, can heal, works well solo+team) or Storm (brutal damage can't be denied). But Fire is definitely up there in 3rd or 4th. And in PvP; it's undeniably 1st. The unbalance comes in the fact that, being the best and PvP, it should be the worst and PvE: but it isn't. That's why Fire's OP. Storm is 1st/2nd at PvE, but definitely 7th at PvP: which is balanced.

If one school gets a buff, unless that school definitely needed one to put it on par with the other schools, then the other schools should get one too. I must admit, Myth definitely needs a buff of some sort, Balance always has been and probably always will be different on how you use it, but Fire needs a nerf, or two, or fifty. I don't PvP, like at all, but in there they definitely need a nerf. As for PvE, I'll tell you this much, they don't need another buff.

Also zachery, you say that this would balance the game and then that Fire is the 2nd best school. Now while I said Storm being 1st and 7th is balanced: it really isn't. Because if the game was truly balanced then there would be no 1st or 7th, only middle grounds where skilled or unskilled players could move around regardless of school. But as it is, Fire excels at PvP & PvE, which means that another school must be losing in both: (I think at least) Myth. Also, as someone who made wizards of all schools up to level 15 before deciding on my 6, I found Fire, Myth, and Balance to be among the easiest. I mean, Myth gets a great minion for 0 pips at level 4, Fire (surprisingly) almost never fizzled for me (and Fire Elves pack a punch), and Balance had a flawless defence and learnt their blade and Weakness rather early. If anything, Storm and Ice were the hardest, particularly Storm. The fizzling and dying get old fast. But I deleted my Fire because I decided I didn't want an easy game, and also, I'm edgy and didn't want to use the most popular/strong school.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Again with the +25% for Balance, use Bladestorm if you're that bothered. I don't use it, I use my Enchanted Armament pet well, and don't need to use Bladestorm while soloing the game. Using Bladestorm+Balanceblade you get a +50% boost for 1 pip, and also help out any other teammates you might have.

And with Myth, I'm in full support of a buff (I think I've made that obvious enough now), but I don't think changing blade values is the way to go. Maybe let us control our minions' moves, that'd put Myth and Death ahead quite a bit; or upgrade the damage of/add side effects to earlier spells, like a Cyclops with a 50% chance of stunning, or a Myth Trap after. Or maybe just better gear, my low-level (~15) Myth is currently trying to get gear that gives +5% damage, whereas my Life is living on >+30% at level 35.