Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 88 life quest

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Every single time I try to do this level 88 life quest for Spinysaur, I fail. I wipe out the minions with 1,600 HP, but then the boss kills me.

I've tried different strategies- for example, saytaring in the first round if I went last to heal up my HP the 8 pip boss deals- following with 2 5 pip myth minions- which stun, a lot.

So, I decided to skip the Spinysaur quest until I get a higher level. Anybody else have any tips? Is it because of my gear? Please tell me if so and what gear I should have!

Katie LifeSword Level 88

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Katie LifeSword on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
Every single time I try to do this level 88 life quest for Spinysaur, I fail. I wipe out the minions with 1,600 HP, but then the boss kills me.

I've tried different strategies- for example, saytaring in the first round if I went last to heal up my HP the 8 pip boss deals- following with 2 5 pip myth minions- which stun, a lot.

So, I decided to skip the Spinysaur quest until I get a higher level. Anybody else have any tips? Is it because of my gear? Please tell me if so and what gear I should have!

Katie LifeSword Level 88
Hey there!

I believe the boss is correct? I had some trouble as well, but what really helped me were the following:

. Kill the minions first! Use that forest lord asap!

. Use Sanctuary! Having that extra boost whenever you heal is always helpful! Pack a few to avoid random bubble changes.

. Only feint when you are high on health

. Carry shatter or pierce treasure cards just in case he uses a tower shield and you don't want to waste your traps

. Buy ice shield treasure cards from the bazaar. Their really easy to find and are great to use when the boss has many pips, which usually indicate a strong hit coming

Otherwise, if you at least have some Waterworks gear, you should be fine!

Good Luck!

See you in the game.

Nathan GreenEyes 110 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 First Max

Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Blaine SilverBlood 30 (Blaine, you still alive bro? o.o)

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Always enter it going first. If you go second, log out and go in again. This will always make it easier.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I had no problem with this quest. Pack tc shields, heals, and attacks in case you cannot find them during the fight. Make sure you go first and RELAX! The battle is not tough, all you have to do is take your time and think your way through it.

Good luck wizard!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
Always enter it going first. If you go second, log out and go in again. This will always make it easier.
XD, Greatest tip ever!
I do this most of the time.