Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which of the 3 is easiest to solo the game with?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2016
I have chosen down to:
Myth
Balance
Death

Which class would be easier to solo the game with, and why would be great too.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2015
In my opinion, death is the best because once you get your traps and blades and all that good stuff set up, you can deal massive damage while healing yourself. Balance is also a great secondary school for death(but with death there is kinda no need to have a secondary school.)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Any are fine. Death is probably easiest, but I prefer Balance then Myth over death. But yeah, death is probably easiest.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
Definitely Death. It can heal itself using drain spells and it has a variety of extremely useful spells such as Bad Juju and Feint. Not only that but it has its own heal spell (Sacrifice) and that one spell that gives you a balanceblade.

Balance can be hard to solo in early worlds because balance enemies have resist and there is no balance trap. Its blades are also underpowered considering other blades can reach up to 50% or 40% where balance can only reach up to 35%.

I've never really worked with a myth so I don't know what the school is much like.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Backintime6097 on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
Definitely Death. It can heal itself using drain spells and it has a variety of extremely useful spells such as Bad Juju and Feint. Not only that but it has its own heal spell (Sacrifice) and that one spell that gives you a balanceblade.

Balance can be hard to solo in early worlds because balance enemies have resist and there is no balance trap. Its blades are also underpowered considering other blades can reach up to 50% or 40% where balance can only reach up to 35%.

I've never really worked with a myth so I don't know what the school is much like.
As far as Balance goes:

Spectral Blast comes along fairly early (level 26), and works well against Balance bosses.

Elemental Blade costs a pip, but stacks with Balance Blade, and can usually be used with a couple of Spectral Blasts in a row. The same is true for Elemental Trap, but this spell is normally not a good strategic choice.

Hex, Balance's universal trap, works fine for every school, and compares very favorably to other traps.

Bladestorm costs a pip, and stacks with Balance Blade. Combining both blades together takes a couple of actions and a pip, but gives you a +50% to damage (1.25 x 1.2 = 1.5).

Global spell (Power Play) grants a substantial increase to power pips chance to all combatants for the hefty cost of 4 pips (2 power pips). This spell is worse than useless in most situations - you use your pips and an action to give enemies extra pips.

Balance really doesn't exactly have a problem with damage. The issues are with action and pip economy. The rounds and pips it takes to throw those extra blades and traps require added shielding / healing. Balance has shields and weakness to survive until the wizard can land a decisive hit, but the fights tend to be longer - and the decks are more prone to clogging due to complexity.

The strategy I used to solo most of the way to max level as a Balance wizard involves the following:

Get power pip chance to 100%. Get +damage and +resist as high as you can get them.

Never use Power Play.

Take full advantage of Sandstorm with the biggest +damage enchant you can learn.

Once auras become available, learn the +damage aura.

Cast a damage aura and spam enchanted Sandstorm spells. Three rounds of this tactic will kill most non-boss enemies through Zafaria.

Use Judgment with 2-3 stacked feints to kill bosses.

Use Spectral Blast with full blades and 2-3 stacked feints to kill Balance bosses.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Death is probably easier in that not as much thinking and planning is needed.

If you don't mind planning and creating your spell deck based on what you'll be facing, Balance will probably have smoother sailing.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Death. You get a good amount of health. You never really need to heal because most of the spells give you health back. Good base accuracy, you get your blade & trap fairly early in the game. Balance is also a great school to choose. But I prefer death over balance. Myth is also a fine school to solo the game with. But overall death is the way to go. Please note that the ENTIRE game cannot be soloed. There are many hard dungeons which require the help of another player or players.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 116 wizard

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
Death would probably be fairly easy. I've soloed nearly everything in the game on my death wizard, but the others are probably good too.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
I have a level 71 death wizard and It's probably the easiest out of the 3 you said, unfortunately it's very slow in the beggining because you don't get a multi attack spell until scarecrow.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'm sure you've arrived by a solid answer by now.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Death hands down. Balance gets puny blades and low damage spells, so it can take quite a bit of boosting to kill things. Myth has no natural heal and again takes a lot of boosts to kill anything.

Death having spells that can both hit and heal at the same time is a big advantage when soloing.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Well I think death would be easiest because they have high blades and feint and they dish out a lot of damage at the same time healing themselves. The only problem with death is life mobs LOVE to death shield. Balance would be the best one to co-op with because of all the blades and stuff. Myth just sucks I made a myth and I hated it.

Cole IceShard lvl 55 Ice

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Storm, Fire and death. Storm and fire has the damaging spells and death heal itself from every attack.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
In the lower levels I thought Myth was easier because of its Minion. It has a pretty good minion. It also gets the vomiting frog attack all enemies spell.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
holyyy on Nov 15, 2016 wrote:
I have chosen down to:
Myth
Balance
Death

Fire, death and myth imho

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
holyyy on Nov 15, 2016 wrote:
I have chosen down to:
Myth
Balance
Death

From your list I would have to say death.

1. Balanced with health
2. The attacks are pretty decent although you will have to blade a lot
3. The blade
4. The aoe attack comes kind of late though but there are tc you can use
5. Before the aoe attack when you kill each foe separately you gain back health so you won't die killing the second

This is why the other schools are harder to solo:
Balance:
1. Balance mobs
2. Balance blades are kind of weak
3. Aoe attack comes later but you can still use tc
Myth:
1. Second lowest health and I don't think it balances out enough with myth's attack power
2. Only aoe spells without shadow pips do less than 400 if you don't count enchants
3. Some attack spells are kind of weak
4. The minions aren't as good as they seem, it's best to not use them. They just use up traps or fizzle and sometimes they'll do nothing helpful and just be a waste of your pips to summon.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
My personal favorite is Balance. But, it's not the easiest. The easiest is probably Death. I looked up a couple things about death and found that -

{1 Death is in the middle on health.

{2 Also being in the middle on accuracy

{3 Good attacks

{4 Drain spells ( dont have to waste time healing )

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Death is easiest (Drains + free feint)

Myth is easy at lower levels but once you hit Celestia it can be hard until you obtain another AOE

Balance is pretty good all around but you might struggle with some of the balance bosses in worlds like Avalon/Azteca

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Death by far, thanks to the ability to hit and heal at the same time. I've been soloing on a fire wizard and I've been doing fairly well. My balance wizard can solo, but the fights tend to be long, especially when fighting another balance. I haven't played myth, despite really really wanting to, since its the school I left out.

I think you can safely solo most of the game up to Mirror Lake in Zafaria on any school, with getting help in some of the rougher dungeons and bosses, which will depend on your school. The worst part I've found is from the end of Dragonspyre to about partway through Celestia/Wintertusk (unless you farm Waterworks before proceeding).