Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Massive Lag!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2016
I start playing wizard101 3 days ago and it was perfect but now it lags very much! I can move but i can't do nothing!
I can't walk though the doors, i can't go to the other areas or worlds and i can't join to battles or speak to a npc because there is no one there to fight or speak! I love that game and i want so much to play but i can't because of the lag. If it is possible can you please help me so i can again play wizard101? And if you ask me about my computer: 8 gb installed ram, 168.6 gb free disc space and 2.4GHz. Thank you! [please respond as fast as you can because i love that game!!!]

Survivor
Feb 02, 2015
me too and I was trying to find out if anyone else was having problems I play every day ...Lagging started last night...today its impossible to do anything or go anywhere but I cant find another topic on it or if anyone else is having issues.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2015
Due to massive Lag....I get locked out of everywhere...Going through tunnels ...In battle ..trying to go home. Everything I am trying to do meets with massive lag. I play every day and night...This started slightly last night. But today it is impossible to do anything. Is anyone else having this issue? I cleaned, turned off, rebooted, emptied and anything else I can think of with my laptop and it all seems ok with everything else. So my diagnosis is ..The game . Please Help!!

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Okay so the systems appeared to be down and Kingsile says follow their Twitter Feed for more information. Yet the feed has not been updated for anything in the last 5 days it seems.

I would have thought that it would at least have a message that they are aware the system is having issues.

Just my 2 cents.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Normally there is not much if any lag. I do know I encounter some lag when the system is downloading new sections and how my PC processes those downloads into the system. But overall even with the DYN DNS DDOS attack occurred Wizard101 seemed to operate fine.

So it has to be something not normal with the system itself. Just an observation.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
kostasgram103 on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
I start playing wizard101 3 days ago and it was perfect but now it lags very much! I can move but i can't do nothing!
I can't walk though the doors, i can't go to the other areas or worlds and i can't join to battles or speak to a npc because there is no one there to fight or speak! I love that game and i want so much to play but i can't because of the lag. If it is possible can you please help me so i can again play wizard101? And if you ask me about my computer: 8 gb installed ram, 168.6 gb free disc space and 2.4GHz. Thank you! [please respond as fast as you can because i love that game!!!]
Make sure you have unlocked the areas and the ability to speak to the npcs, that could be a possible problem.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
same here only started on the 12th of November and i can't seem to do anything

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Its not your computer..many people are having problems with lag and connection. It took me over 15 minutes to load a teleport, even going to my house was taking almost 30 minutes. Started having problems with the test realm yesterday for a few hours...

Considering the massive lag only lasts for a period of time, I feel like this is a Ddos attack, but it could also be something as simple as an update.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
laminrk on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
Its not your computer..many people are having problems with lag and connection. It took me over 15 minutes to load a teleport, even going to my house was taking almost 30 minutes. Started having problems with the test realm yesterday for a few hours...

Considering the massive lag only lasts for a period of time, I feel like this is a Ddos attack, but it could also be something as simple as an update.
Actually a lot of the times it is the computer. Some computers can't run as well as others. Also, test realm is always slow and annoying.