Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggested lvl to farm Motes of Transport???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
Hey Ya'll!

I am currently a lvl 37 Death Wizard (Life secondary), and I've decided I want to craft the Death Whirlwind mount. I already have everything I need (including the recipe) except for a Mote of Transport. I have about 9 Master Rattlebones Ultra Dungeons in my backpack too, with the intention of farming.

I'd like to know if it is worth me trying to farm for motes at such a low level, or if I should wait.
And also, how many Ultra duels do you guys think I'd go through before I get a mote? I know it's a random drop rate, but how often do they drop? Would I need more duels, say 20-50ish?

Cheers for the help!

Morgrim Spiritwalker lvl 37

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
They drop fairly often. I have about 20 of each mote and i can't sell them ;n;

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The gladiator guy in Mount Olympus drops the motes but honestly, I would suggest leveling up for many reasons

1. It is really complicated to kill these guys at such low levels

2. It's hard to find people who will help such a low level

3. You should spend time questing because you won't ever get as high as you want to be if you are always side tracking

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Also, to add on it's called exalted probably, there are no ultra dungeons unless for some reason there is one all of the sudden.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'd say that yes, you are too low level for Rattlebones Ultra duels (even if you had a bunch of maxes, I feel you'd be hard pressed to keep yourself alive, but you might could do it, regardless it will take longer the lower your level, ). If you have a higher level character you can always transfer the Mote through the shared bank. As far as the number of duels, it's hard to say as you might only need one or you could just never get it. I wouldn't focus on buying more duels unless you are at a level to actually use them. Truthfully stock up like 1-2 do the duel and then get one or two more. Is it really worth it to have 50 duels and it turns out you only needed 3? Let me know if you want help doing it. I have a max Ice or Balance I'd be happy to help with! Hopefully my suggestions are helpful. Good luck!

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
exp613 on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
I'd say that yes, you are too low level for Rattlebones Ultra duels (even if you had a bunch of maxes, I feel you'd be hard pressed to keep yourself alive, but you might could do it, regardless it will take longer the lower your level, ). If you have a higher level character you can always transfer the Mote through the shared bank. As far as the number of duels, it's hard to say as you might only need one or you could just never get it. I wouldn't focus on buying more duels unless you are at a level to actually use them. Truthfully stock up like 1-2 do the duel and then get one or two more. Is it really worth it to have 50 duels and it turns out you only needed 3? Let me know if you want help doing it. I have a max Ice or Balance I'd be happy to help with! Hopefully my suggestions are helpful. Good luck!
Hey man,

That would be awesome if you came and helped out! I'm on right now if you want to join. I have another friend who I've been playing with from the start who will join too. Also, thanks for the info, was really informative. Maybe you could let me know a place and time and I'll find you?

Cheers

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
At your level I'd say the wood skeleton key boss in the Krok Library is more level appropriate to farm for it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
frostednutella on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
Also, to add on it's called exalted probably, there are no ultra dungeons unless for some reason there is one all of the sudden.
There are Master, Archmage and Exalted levels of them but collectively they were released as Ultra Dungeons. They all give you an Ultra Seed drop.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/july2015#ultra-dungeons

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
KaliyanKiwi on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
Hey man,

That would be awesome if you came and helped out! I'm on right now if you want to join. I have another friend who I've been playing with from the start who will join too. Also, thanks for the info, was really informative. Maybe you could let me know a place and time and I'll find you?

Cheers
We need a day or two notice in advance (it takes some time for the boards to update and also for me to read them.)

Would you want to meet in the Bazaar on Greyrose Realm on Thursday at 7:30pm Mountain Time? Do you want me as Balance (Alric Dawnshield) or Ice (Benjamin Moonglade)? Let me know!

exp613

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
There are Master, Archmage and Exalted levels of them but collectively they were released as Ultra Dungeons. They all give you an Ultra Seed drop.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/july2015#ultra-dungeons
It looked like the guy was talking about a level called ultra which didn't seem right to me and yes I know about all of this stuff.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
exp613 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
We need a day or two notice in advance (it takes some time for the boards to update and also for me to read them.)

Would you want to meet in the Bazaar on Greyrose Realm on Thursday at 7:30pm Mountain Time? Do you want me as Balance (Alric Dawnshield) or Ice (Benjamin Moonglade)? Let me know!

exp613
Hopefully this gets posted quickly.

That would be great! I may get the time zone wrong but I'll try to figure it out. I don't mind which wizard you use, Having a tank would be handy, as my friend and I are death/life and life/myth. But I guess you're the one with the know-how, so you may make a better call. We each have our last spells from our respective schools now (lvl 42 I think we are), so we hopefully won't be dead weight.

Thanks so much for the help! I really hope I get the time zone conversion right haha, would be such a shame if we miss you.

Cheers again!
Morgrim Spiritwalker lvl 42
Nathan Lightwalker lvl 42

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
KaliyanKiwi on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
Hopefully this gets posted quickly.

That would be great! I may get the time zone wrong but I'll try to figure it out. I don't mind which wizard you use, Having a tank would be handy, as my friend and I are death/life and life/myth. But I guess you're the one with the know-how, so you may make a better call. We each have our last spells from our respective schools now (lvl 42 I think we are), so we hopefully won't be dead weight.

Thanks so much for the help! I really hope I get the time zone conversion right haha, would be such a shame if we miss you.

Cheers again!
Morgrim Spiritwalker lvl 42
Nathan Lightwalker lvl 42
Sorry, it didn't go through because my internet had fits. I will plan on Thursday @ 7:30 Mountain then!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'm sorry that it didn't work out yesterday. I had a family emergency that I'm still dealing with today. If you can find someone else to help best wishes. If you still would like my help we can try again later maybe Sunday or something.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2016
exp613 on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
I'm sorry that it didn't work out yesterday. I had a family emergency that I'm still dealing with today. If you can find someone else to help best wishes. If you still would like my help we can try again later maybe Sunday or something.
Hey dude,

Thats fine, no worries. I hope everything is fine with the fam. I think I'll just wait until I'm strong enough to do it later.
Cheers for the info though.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
KaliyanKiwi on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
Hey dude,

Thats fine, no worries. I hope everything is fine with the fam. I think I'll just wait until I'm strong enough to do it later.
Cheers for the info though.
Sounds good and best of luck!