Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

number of wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
I have an idea and I know there are others who thought about it too and would like it. You know how each account you can have six wizards. How about adding a seventh one when you get at a higher level like 100 or more? A lot of players want a wizard from every school but as it is now we have to choose one not to use.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
knitelady on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
I have an idea and I know there are others who thought about it too and would like it. You know how each account you can have six wizards. How about adding a seventh one when you get at a higher level like 100 or more? A lot of players want a wizard from every school but as it is now we have to choose one not to use.
I've seen several posts like this one. Many players do want a 7th wizard in a single account and I'm one of them. Why add another wizard at a higher level? Why not anytime. I'm sure the're many more out there and who has no membership to share their thoughts about this idea

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
KI is a game company, but both those words are equally important. Yes, they need to supply the demand for gameplay. But in return, they demand a supply of money. Money for KI to keep making games for players, games for players to keep making money for KI. As it is, anyone who wants to experience all schools has to buy two memberships, and quite a few people do so. Myself, I just said goodbye to Fire. But as many people are buying 2 memberships solely for the seventh school, then KI adding a seventh character would cut their revenue severely. With a staff already downsized (not sure how recent that was though), likely for monetary reasons, the last thing they want is less money coming in. The balance between KI and the players being happy is a delicate one, and this would tip it too far in favour of the player.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
There is a new Level 50 Elixir. What if there was an elixir to get a new wizard? There could be buying requirements.

Or it could even be used as an in-story thing, like this new wizard on your account could be an apprentice of one of your other wizards.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I heard a rumor over the summer that Ki is talking about it and may add a 7 wizard in a single account because more and more players are coming forward with this idea. KI did layoff workers but it doesn't mean their loosing money. Down sizing It's normal for any business for better strength to give more appreciation to their customers like us without hurting themselves.Yes money is important but we are just as important by giving them a pay check. Don't forget, a lot players can't afford 2 accounts and some of them who do, ends up closing one down realizing it costs to much for their budget. So how is KI making a big profit by leaving the 7th wizard out. The point is it's a fact that a smaller number is known to make more money than a larger one in the long run through customer satisfaction even in the gaming business like this one. I know some will disagree even argue with me but I speak the truth.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
I heard a rumor over the summer that Ki is talking about it and may add a 7 wizard in a single account because more and more players are coming forward with this idea. KI did layoff workers but it doesn't mean their loosing money. Down sizing It's normal for any business for better strength to give more appreciation to their customers like us without hurting themselves.Yes money is important but we are just as important by giving them a pay check. Don't forget, a lot players can't afford 2 accounts and some of them who do, ends up closing one down realizing it costs to much for their budget. So how is KI making a big profit by leaving the 7th wizard out. The point is it's a fact that a smaller number is known to make more money than a larger one in the long run through customer satisfaction even in the gaming business like this one. I know some will disagree even argue with me but I speak the truth.
What you say that smaller numbers can make more in the long run through volume is true except that adding a seventh wizard doesn't make them any money at all and 0 always makes less than even a small amount. Both Crown players and Members won't have to spend a penny more with a 7th wizard. As it stands currently, there are many players that carry multiple accounts so they can play all schools. You are right that not all players can afford 2 accounts, but the truth is that some can. Removing those extra accounts costs them money. Adding a 7th wizard doesn't make any money. Even those that close a second account doesn't change a thing by adding another wizard. They have one membership in either situation, spending no more money.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:
What you say that smaller numbers can make more in the long run through volume is true except that adding a seventh wizard doesn't make them any money at all and 0 always makes less than even a small amount. Both Crown players and Members won't have to spend a penny more with a 7th wizard. As it stands currently, there are many players that carry multiple accounts so they can play all schools. You are right that not all players can afford 2 accounts, but the truth is that some can. Removing those extra accounts costs them money. Adding a 7th wizard doesn't make any money. Even those that close a second account doesn't change a thing by adding another wizard. They have one membership in either situation, spending no more money.
it's true that some can afford 2 accounts but many can not. School kids can not; they can't even afford a membership. Many adults may not because of their budget. I understand what you are talking about. But again you did not read my post correctly 100% to get my point otherwise you wouldn't be here arguing. Let me say it more clearly. More and more people are coming forward wanting a 7th wizard in a single account and if their expectations are not being met, they may very well leave the game feeling they're being ignored. Then where's the money going to come from? Who is going to give KI paychecks when people start leaving the game because they're unhappy? What then? Those who want options like this one etc.. are complaining for a reason. It's not all about money. It's about customer satisfaction as well like us for any business such as KI to remain in business years to come. The game isn't just what you, me or anyone else want. It's what a large majority of players coming together sharing the same interest what they want as well. Why can't you understand that. I'm not going to repeat myself and I'm done arguing with you. In fact i'm no longer going to see this topic.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
it's true that some can afford 2 accounts but many can not. School kids can not; they can't even afford a membership. Many adults may not because of their budget. I understand what you are talking about. But again you did not read my post correctly 100% to get my point otherwise you wouldn't be here arguing. Let me say it more clearly. More and more people are coming forward wanting a 7th wizard in a single account and if their expectations are not being met, they may very well leave the game feeling they're being ignored. Then where's the money going to come from? Who is going to give KI paychecks when people start leaving the game because they're unhappy? What then? Those who want options like this one etc.. are complaining for a reason. It's not all about money. It's about customer satisfaction as well like us for any business such as KI to remain in business years to come. The game isn't just what you, me or anyone else want. It's what a large majority of players coming together sharing the same interest what they want as well. Why can't you understand that. I'm not going to repeat myself and I'm done arguing with you. In fact i'm no longer going to see this topic.
I think you're overestimating exactly how much this feature is wanted. Yes, more people want a seventh wizard than use two accounts. But much fewer people in the first group would sooner experience zero schools over six. Let's say that 50% of all active players are content with one account with six wizards. Then we have 15% of active players using two accounts to have twelve wizards. But there's also, of course, 35% of active players using one account with six wizards, but want to have a seventh on the same account. And, at most (I'd say), 15% of active players, all in that last group, decide to leave the game because of it.

As long as the number of players leaving the game for this reason (-15%) is equal to or lesser than the number of players using two accounts (+15%), then KI will be making even or a profit from the absence of a seventh wizard. But while all of those were guesses to get my point across, the number of wizards leaving could be much lesser or much higher than 15%, I didn't even factor in the people using three or more accounts with membership. I know they exist, while being a small minority, they still make KI triple or more than the players with one account.

So overall, while this is a common want from players, I don't think it's as important as you made it out to be.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Asking for and wanting a 7th wizard isn't the same thing as complaining or threatening to leave the game altogether without it. This topic has been talked about since the game started. It's not some growing movement as you imply. You are in fact the only one to post the possibility of people actually quitting over not having a 7th wizard that I have seen. Rumors and innuendo won't change reality.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:
The 7th wizard doesn't have to be free. It could be an elixir, crowns, or an in-story thing with crowns - like a quest you buy.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009