Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard City Newspaper

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
I recently finished a quest that had me collect a newspaper from Gamma. Apparently there is a Wizard City newspaper that is sold from the Library. So this gave me the idea that we should have access to this newspaper. What i'm proposing is a daily/weekly newspaper that can be sold by Harold Argleston for a small amount of gold. Or maybe even some crowns?

Anyways, it would just be a bunch of "stories" or info about whats currently happening in Wizard City, or maybe even columns discussing news around the Spiral. And it could just further expand the lore of the game. And I also thought it could keep up with individual wizard's accomplishments. Like each wizard would get a personalized column with their name stating that they just recently helped "Insert NPC Name Here" "Insert Collected Item(s)/ People Spoken to Here".

I haven't put too much thought into it, so feel free to further expand on the idea.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
WizardryMastery on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
I recently finished a quest that had me collect a newspaper from Gamma. Apparently there is a Wizard City newspaper that is sold from the Library. So this gave me the idea that we should have access to this newspaper. What i'm proposing is a daily/weekly newspaper that can be sold by Harold Argleston for a small amount of gold. Or maybe even some crowns?

Anyways, it would just be a bunch of "stories" or info about whats currently happening in Wizard City, or maybe even columns discussing news around the Spiral. And it could just further expand the lore of the game. And I also thought it could keep up with individual wizard's accomplishments. Like each wizard would get a personalized column with their name stating that they just recently helped "Insert NPC Name Here" "Insert Collected Item(s)/ People Spoken to Here".

I haven't put too much thought into it, so feel free to further expand on the idea.
That sounds excellent! maybe kI should also hint future stuff in it to make it more valuable.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
WizardryMastery on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:

There already is one. The Ravenwood Bulletin.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
they kinda already do this on the boot up screen.. with any events..... and ding players will be tough since there 45million of us... i could see friends list..... or have it do random bloopers with NPC like "Malistare is at it again" Defeating our wizards with just a mere Dark Fairy